Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Calgary, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 bagging with S25 and other travel light clothes

Hi all,

Just got back from a week in Hawaii, packed as my 1 carry on, a new Synapse 25 in Nordic Halcyon and Iberian, with red zipper pulls. Having just one bag is nice, keeps your hands free.

Also ordered a new Snake Charmer, which fits perfectly in the bottom pocket, holding my toiletries, meds, and odds and ends. Works like a charm!

For my clothes, I packed them in an Eagle Creek compression packing cube, about 14 inches x 10 inches.

It fits horizontally in the bottom of the main compartment perfectly.

Lots of space in the remaining pockets to put your other more accessible and often used gear.

What a pack! Was comfy to carry, not heavy at all. Also used it as my day pack, so didn't have to bring another day pack. Love it's organization and ease of use. Also the halcyon is smooth.

Other stuff I bought and tried:

1. Outlier Slim Dungarees, awesome, everything they are touted to be and more, the perfect travel pant.
    2. Outlier New Way Shorts, used as my swimming suit, dries quickly, can still be a normal short.
    3. Outlier merino socks, black, very comfy, and wear well.
    4. Wool & Prince button down oxford, in merino wool. Light, stylish, comfortable and all the benefits of merino wool.
    5. Lems Primal 2 shoes, in black, light, super comfy, minimalist shoes, good for casual wear, running, and semi-casual restaurants.

Love this one-bag carry-on minimal travel and gear thing. Bought a Western Flyer in Nordic Halcyon but am starting to regret it as the S25 is already so perfect that I don't really see a need to use the WF.

One final note: in 2 years of Bihning I have yet to see another TB bag in the wild. Where are you all?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by horsie View Post
    Also ordered a new Snake Charmer, which fits perfectly in the bottom pocket, holding my toiletries, meds, and odds and ends. Works like a charm!
    Which size Snake Charmer did you pack in the S25's bottom compartment: small or large?

Forum Member
    Calgary, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gary1960 View Post
    Which size Snake Charmer did you pack in the S25's bottom compartment: small or large?
    Large, it's quite spacious, holds a lot, mine was nowhere close to being full.

Suspect the small would work just as well... oh no, buying itch again.

Forum Member
    Austin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered a burnt orange S25. Debated for months between this or A30, both are big enough for my travel needs. Also a one bag traveler.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason, I've never found my Snake Charmer to be useful outside of storing stuff at home. I'm excited to try it in that lower S25 pocket for an upcoming trip.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started using one for travel. I think it's brilliant, because I can store two categories of small items in it, and rather than searching through a bunch of smaller pouches and cubes, it becomes my primary go-to place. Usually it is "cords and chargers" in one side, and medications, coffee packs, or some other frequently-accessed set of things in the other.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Colorado
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The large Snake Charmer fits great in the S25's bottom compartment.

Mine is there all the time.

Forum Member
    Bangalore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Horsie you are a man after my own heart right down to the Outliers. Now I am checking Lems Primal shoes. Damn! Things get expensive when you check people's post. Thanks for sharing.