Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    East Coast, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance an expectant father can get a better idea when the updated Parental Unit will be released? Our first baby is due in September and we're holding out for the new PU! I'm not going to say we decided to have a baby to justify buying another Tom Bihn bag but it's certainly a good excuse!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Along the same lines as the last post. I'm taking a trip to Alaska at the end of June. Just curious if there is a chance of getting an A30 for the trip?

Forum Member
    Virginia, Paris, Berlin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I would buy Tom Binh animal crackers.....seriously.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcinverso View Post
    Any chance an expectant father can get a better idea when the updated Parental Unit will be released? Our first baby is due in September and we're holding out for the new PU! I'm not going to say we decided to have a baby to justify buying another Tom Bihn bag but it's certainly a good excuse!
    Big congrats

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats jcinverso I just recently gave my PU (old stile) to my brother and his wife to use for their first born needs. My brother was quite relived to get a bag that is... well that does not screem "I am a mum" because lets face it: he is a dad and such a proud one.

This does not help you with your question of cause but I love the PU and though I am not using one (my youngest just turned 8) because I am a backpack person (more due to backissues than due to style prefferences) I felt like praising it. Man I can do longwinded sentencesesses. My German teacher back in school did say so and I belive he is still right. Sorry about that.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "And there's also going to be a mini surprise debuting between now and early May as well. It's not a pouch.... it's not even something we make ourselves! And I bet you can't guess what it is. And I'm not even going to hint. Not at least for a couple more weeks...."

Flashlight?
    Pocket knife?
    Something that glows?
    Cookie?
    No, dark chocolate?

North Dakota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really looking forward to the Aeronaut update; I'm curious to see these handles that can be used to lug the bag around while packing it up!
    Follow me on Twitter or Instagram @moongooseryan

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loma View Post
    Darcy, are all the Aeronaut colors currently listed as 'in production' going to have these updates? And are those all the colors that will be in this release?
    Yes and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jcinverso View Post
    Very soon! Both the updated Aeronaut 45 and the Parental Unit could be ready to ship as soon as the end of this week -- I'll keep everyone posted on that. And congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Mbladen View Post
    Along the same lines as the last post. I'm taking a trip to Alaska at the end of June. Just curious if there is a chance of getting an A30 for the trip?
    For sure. We expect the updated Aeronaut 30 to debut by mid-May.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    "And there's also going to be a mini surprise debuting between now and early May as well. It's not a pouch.... it's not even something we make ourselves! And I bet you can't guess what it is. And I'm not even going to hint. Not at least for a couple more weeks...."

Flashlight?
    Pocket knife?
    Something that glows?
    Cookie?
    No, dark chocolate?
    It's true that all of those items are essentials. But the surprise we're debuting isn't on that list....
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy Loving the look of the new PU page photos!

Atlanta, GA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those new carry handles inside the bag are either going to be annoying as all get out or simply ingenious. It'll be interesting to see how they work in application, especially if the Aeronaut's new interior handles are anything similar. I've never had a need to carry a bag while it was open, so this is an update that I find quite curious.

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update! The Aeronaut 45, Parental Unit, and the small surprise(s?) will debut tomorrow (Friday) evening along with a couple of new videos...

Quote Originally Posted by RDR3 View Post
    @Darcy Loving the look of the new PU page photos!
    You saw them already! Cool. Glad you like them. There's a reason the Aeronaut 45 photos won't debut until tomorrow evening...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Those new carry handles inside the bag are either going to be annoying as all get out or simply ingenious. It'll be interesting to see how they work in application, especially if the Aeronaut's new interior handles are anything similar. I've never had a need to carry a bag while it was open, so this is an update that I find quite curious.
    We're working on a new details/bag walk-through video for the Aeronaut 45 that'll show off the handles -- I expect the video will be ready by the end of next week.
    Last edited by Darcy; 04-27-2017 at 07:37 AM.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Chicago, IL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the small surprise a field notes-like notebook? Thought I'd throw my guess into the ring. . Because I'd totally buy that!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, a "small surprise".
    These are very small, and would make great guard animals for our travel stuff. If properly trained, of course.
    Given the TB crew's extensive experience with puppies, I've got to think that something like this is in the works.

Aeronaut, Parental Unit, and Sprout Design Updates Coming Soon!-meerkat-jpg
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxValleyDame View Post
    Is the small surprise a field notes-like notebook? Thought I'd throw my guess into the ring. . Because I'd totally buy that!
    Not exactly.... but you're pretty close, in more ways than one.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Not exactly.... but you're pretty close, in more ways than one.
    Since you said not exactly, I am guessing it isn't an eco jot and a Bic 4 color https://blog.tombihn.com/the-sketching-process; good thing we only have a day and a half to wait!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast