Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh, it's interesting to hear the back story of Portable Culture. My second TB bag was a Large Cafe Bag (the first was a Swift, which only has the small label without a tagline) and I noticed that label. I kind of assumed it referred to the culture of the company, and thought it was neat that y'all thought hard enough about what you were making and sending out into the world that you had a "culture" around it. It seemed different, much less contrived/"mass production" compared to, well, pretty much every other manufacturing company I saw out there.

Come to think of it, that's probably a big part of the reason I'm still here. The LCB (Cocoa/wasabi) is still going strong, BTW, and looking pretty close to new despite being 9.5 years old or so.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of the old stickers I liked from 2006 had the words for "Portable Culture" on the right side like this:

(I added the "Thank you for a great bag!" text annotation -- between the airplane and the mountain -- to the scanned image; this was also discussed in the old Speaking of labels... thread)

There are also some graphics designs based on various tags and stickers as well as labels they used to use in @lpotr4's old I heart Tom Bihn! thread from 2008. (I still have a Tom Bihn folder icon in Blue with the Portable Culture label on my laptop).

moriond

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say this must be the best product size/O-Ring ratio on a Tom Bihn product so far:

;-)

Ilkyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BWA-HAHAHAHA! Love it.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the PCSB compatible with the new PU stroller straps? The PCSB is not on the list of compatible bags, but I just wanted to confirm in case that was an oversight since it looks like it has the same sort of attachment point for the shoulder strap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @backpack - here's a shot of the sketchbook inside one of the pockets inside the Co-Pilot.
    Attached Images Attached Images Aeronaut, Parental Unit, and Sprout Design Updates Coming Soon!-sketchbook-copilot-jpg 
    -m

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    One of the old stickers I liked from 2006 had the words for "Portable Culture" on the right side like this:
    Thanks for sharing the image of that sticker, moriond. I'm glad we have your archive -- sometimes we're so in the midst of what we do here and the next great thing we're working on that we don't save previous versions of things for our own archives!

Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Darcy, do the new wheelchair/stroller straps work in addition to a shoulder strap or are they instead of a shoulder strap? I couldn't quite tell from the pictures. (Maybe it will all become clear once there are photos of it in use.)
    They do work in addition to a shoulder strap. I just updated the Wheelchair or Stroller Loops description with this paragraph:

Wheelchair or Stroller Loops attach to our bags through the bag’s plastic triangular “D-ring” part. The Loops don't clip into the circular hole where you’d normally attach a shoulder strap’s snaphook, but rather slips through the slot where the webbing, which affixes the plastic triangle to the bag, passes. This is cool because you needn’t choose between shoulder strap or the loops – you can leave the loops on if you find yourself utilizing them often, and remove the shoulder strap if and when that seems right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Is the PCSB compatible with the new PU stroller straps? The PCSB is not on the list of compatible bags, but I just wanted to confirm in case that was an oversight since it looks like it has the same sort of attachment point for the shoulder strap.
    The PCSB actually has a 1" shoulder strap attachment point that won't work with the Wheelchair or Stroller Loops.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    @backpack - here's a shot of the sketchbook inside one of the pockets inside the Co-Pilot.
    maverick photos make my day!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy, just a thought. Could you use the gatekeeper clips- the single ones- to attach the wheelchair/ stroller loops to other bags? Most bags (not saying all) have a webbing loop where shoulder strap attachment part is. You could slip the clip though the webbing loop and then attach the wheelchair/ stroller loop though that. It also looks as if the wedding loop initially planned to run though the slot may have enough of an opening to slide the clip through and then it would be attached as originally planned. Would this cause undo strain on the bag/loops? I am curious as I have a (now old style) PU and am wondering if I could attach it this way. I am also thinking these could work as an add a bag feature to other bags if attached this way. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mbladen; 05-01-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't begin to convey how clever and useful the Stroller Loops are. We tested them extensively with the PU and were easily able to attach and adjust the PU / Stroller Loops on at least 5 different strollers (yes we have a stroller hoarding problem!) and on large and small shopping carts. The PU attaches at a perfect point on each of our strollers, it hangs in a position that does not bump into your legs as you walk, and it clears up much needed under-stroller storage space. We also keep the loops attached to the PU even when not using a stroller ... one example being keeping a toddler's jacket tethered to the PU using one loop. We keep discovering new ways to use the Stroller Loops every day. Highly recommended!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear, the stroller loops are really calling to me. I didn't even want a PU before the loops were announced! Now I think it will solve my 'family day out' carry problems... IF I can figure out how to shorten a strap enough to carry it tote-style as well, it will be worth it (I don't use the stroller enough to get a bag just for it!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbladen View Post
    Darcy, just a thought. Could you use the gatekeeper clips- the single ones- to attach the wheelchair/ stroller loops to other bags? Most bags (not saying all) have a webbing loop where shoulder strap attachment part is. You could slip the clip though the webbing loop and then attach the wheelchair/ stroller loop though that. It also looks as if the wedding loop initially planned to run though the slot may have enough of an opening to slide the clip through and then it would be attached as originally planned. Would this cause undo strain on the bag/loops? I am curious as I have a (now old style) PU and am wondering if I could attach it this way. I am also thinking these could work as an add a bag feature to other bags if attached this way. Thanks!
    I like where you're going with this, but we don't think it will work: the gatekeeper clips are 1" and can't clip on to the Wheelchair or Stroller Loops.
    If you're thinking of trying to loop the 1" through the 1.5" tab that is meant to secure it onto the bag, that isn't an open loop. The other side is, but it's the side that adjust so tightening the strap would result in the attached bag hanging lower the tighter it got (if one was able to get the rail clips through that loop.) If that makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    I can't begin to convey how clever and useful the Stroller Loops are. We tested them extensively with the PU and were easily able to attach and adjust the PU / Stroller Loops on at least 5 different strollers (yes we have a stroller hoarding problem!) and on large and small shopping carts. The PU attaches at a perfect point on each of our strollers, it hangs in a position that does not bump into your legs as you walk, and it clears up much needed under-stroller storage space. We also keep the loops attached to the PU even when not using a stroller ... one example being keeping a toddler's jacket tethered to the PU using one loop. We keep discovering new ways to use the Stroller Loops every day. Highly recommended!
    Thanks for testing the Loops for us! Clever re: using the loop to corral a jacket -- if you snap a photo of that, share it with us.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @backpack: here is a picture of the Sketchbook and Pen in the front pocket of the Daylight Briefcase.
    Attached Images Attached Images Aeronaut, Parental Unit, and Sprout Design Updates Coming Soon!-dlbc-sketchpad-pen-jpg 
    -m

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update! The updated Aeronaut 30 in colors Black Halcyon/Island, Black Halcyon/Ultraviolet, Black Halcyon/Wasabi, Black/Island, Black/Northwest Sky, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, and Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky will be in-stock this evening at 7:00pm Pacific Time. New photos of each of these color combinations are up on the website now.

The Sprout is in the works, but it'll be mid-June before those ship; we're busy making Aeronauts!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Update! The updated Aeronaut 30 in colors Black Halcyon/Island, Black Halcyon/Ultraviolet, Black Halcyon/Wasabi, Black/Island, Black/Northwest Sky, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, and Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky will be in-stock this evening at 7:00pm Pacific Time. New photos of each of these color combinations are up on the website now.

The Sprout is in the works, but it'll be mid-June before those ship; we're busy making Aeronauts!
    I am so excited!!!! Now to pick a color...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @backpack: here is a picture of the Sketchbook and Pen in the Maker's Bag -- they fit perfectly into that middle interior pocket!
    Attached Images Attached Images Aeronaut, Parental Unit, and Sprout Design Updates Coming Soon!-makersbag-jpg 
    -m

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast