Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heads-up! The Tall Yarn Stuff Sack is retiring

As we've shared before, we must retire existing designs (or sizes, or colors) to make way for new designs on the horizon. And that's why we've decided to retire the Tall Yarn Stuff Sack.

We thought it would be a good time to do so because the TYSS is available in a bunch of colors right now (including Island, at least in the Clear Bottom version!) and there's enough stock on hand that folks who want to order the TYSS before it's gone for good should be able to do so.

There's no other kind of Yarn Stuff Sack in the wings to replace the TYSS, in part because the Yarn Stuff Sack, Small and Yarn Stuff Sack, Medium are so popular themselves.

As always, let us know if you have any questions about any of this news. Smilie
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am surprised there's been no hue and cry over this retirement! Smilie I went ahead and ordered two (Island, NWS) as I love this size for corralling power cords, but also for rolled-up jackets, shawls, or all my small garments for a longer trip. Someday I'll get around to trying out the TLSS, but today is not that day. �� Farewell, Tall YSS!!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @haraya,

I'd expect that any hue and cry over the retirement of the Tall Yarn Stuff Sack would come from folks at Ravelry, so I linked to this thread when I posted an announcement there. I'm glad you got your Island Tall YSS over the weekend. There were still two left when I checked early this morning, but now they're gone. I'm just glad that I ordered one of these (Tall YSS in Island) a month ago when the first production batch came out, and before we knew they were going to be retired.

If you want a really large project bag, the Travel Laundry Stuff Sack (TLSS) for A45 will do the job --- and also fill the bottom of your Swift. It has nearly twice the capacity (11 liters) of either the Tall Yarn Stuff Sack (6 liters) or the TLSS for A30 (5 liters -- closest to the dimensions of the Tall Yarn Stuff Sack -- slightly smaller in diameter but slightly taller height). And, as @Badger demonstrated in The Travel Laundry Stuff Sack as ultralight overnight bag, the TLSS for A45 can be used as an overnight bag (more volume than a Co-Pilot, and 60% the volume of the Synapse 19), with a diameter large enough to let you insert a (large) Travel Tray.

HTH

moriond

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha! Impressive use of the TLSS as ultralight overnight bag. I am not quite so intrepid. Smilie I haven't been knitting much lately but it's good to know that the TLSS is the next step up (or two) in volume! Thanks moriond!!

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings Darcy,
    Will there be any more All Fabric TYSS or is the color selection limited to what is currently available?

Thank you very much for keeping us informed like this. It is greatly appreciated! elisa

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
    Greetings Darcy,
    Will there be any more All Fabric TYSS or is the color selection limited to what is currently available?

Thank you very much for keeping us informed like this. It is greatly appreciated! elisa
    Color selection is limited to what's currently available: when these TYSSs are gone, they're gone for good!

And you are quite welcome.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drat, I wish I'd known about this sooner Frown I actually use the taller sacks more than I used the medium, and never bothered with the small as it was too small.
    I love my Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag, Black MCB, and Azure LCB.
    The Preciouses: A45 in black/zest, (original) Yeoman Duffel in verde, Mini Yeoman Duffel in Burnt Orange, the S19 in black/ultraviolet, and the MB in black/northwest sky; Shop Bags in zest, monarch, sitka, fjord, and island.

Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kshni I'll second that; I love the tall sack, as I find that the medium can only hold the smallest of projects and needles often stick out of the top.
    MrKnitster on ravelry
    Aeronaut 45s in Burnt Orange, Verde, Navy and Steel, all with Northern Sky interior, Maker's Bag in Navy/Wasabi, Swifts in Burnt Orange/Northern Sky, Olive/Linen, Medium Cafe Bag in Navy/Cayenne and tons of pouches, stuff sacks, straps, etc.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heads-up! The Tall Yarn Stuff Sack is retiring

Argh. If only I'd seen this before I ordered that last order. There was a tall left and I passed (primarily because my order was adding up and I have a teenage boy in the house so need to reserve some $ for food and clothing Wink.

Now I have to see what else will work. The Travel Laundry look too big for my purposes and the Travel Stuff Sack dimensions don't seem quite right either. Frown

I'd been watching for tall with the clear bottom to show up. Guess I can stop watching for that now. Sigh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by macmuse; 05-25-2017 at 04:46 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macmuse View Post
    Argh. If only I'd seen this before I ordered that last order. There was a tall left and I passed (primarily because my order was adding up and I have a teenage boy in the house so need to reserve some $ for food and clothing Wink.

Now I have to see what else will work. The Travel Laundry look too big for my purposes and the Travel Stuff Sack dimensions don't seem quite right either. Frown

I'd been watching for tall with the clear bottom to show up. Guess I can stop watching for that now. Sigh.

When did you order? TB are great at letting you amend an order if you've just made it! Give a call or email if it was just today.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macmuse View Post

Well if they don't have any, I have 2 tall NWS YSS I might be willing to part with. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    When did you order? TB are great at letting you amend an order if you've just made it! Give a call or email if it was just today.
    Just get back to the forum... busy end of school year. Smilie

Sadly that wouldn't have worked in this instance. It was a few weeks ago. I'll definitely keep that in mind for future though.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tall NSW YSS

Quote Originally Posted by Mbladen View Post
    Well if they don't have any, I have 2 tall NWS YSS I might be willing to part with. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would be happy to take those tall yarn sacks off of your hands, if you are still willing to part with them.