Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2017, I would hope that we wouldn't be so rigid in assigning colors by gender, but I do understand guys not necessarily wanting to display "loud" colors.

That said, I'm a huge proponent of the school of thought of life being way too short to allow artificial social constructs keeping us from life's simple pleasures that make us happy -- like color.

For instance, for decades I stuck with muted tones and subtle "masculine" patterns for my bedding. But something really clicks inside you after you turn 40 and you start staring mortality in the face as you witness the departure of friends and relatives your age -- and even younger.

So you know what? I LIKE florals! Big splashy ones!! I don't care anymore if it makes my bed look "feminine"! Flowers make me happy and I like seeing them on my sheets when I first wake up and before I drop off to sleep.

I also like pink in my bathroom. So there!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCWriter View Post
    In 2017, I would hope that we wouldn't be so rigid in assigning colors by gender, but I do understand guys not necessarily wanting to display "loud" colors.

That said, I'm a huge proponent of the school of thought of life being way too short to allow artificial social constructs keeping us from life's simple pleasures that make us happy -- like color.

For instance, for decades I stuck with muted tones and subtle "masculine" patterns for my bedding. But something really clicks inside you after you turn 40 and you start staring mortality in the face as you witness the departure of friends and relatives your age -- and even younger.

So you know what? I LIKE florals! Big splashy ones!! I don't care anymore if it makes my bed look "feminine"! Flowers make me happy and I like seeing them on my sheets when I first wake up and before I drop off to sleep.

I also like pink in my bathroom. So there!
    The thread wasn't supposed to be taken as serious as that my friend. In 2017 the world is actually worse :-D but joking aside I love bright colors and I dress quite colorful even though friends and occasionally my wife will tease me. I know I'm going to be quite happy with my UV interior bag. Nothing wrong with flowers :-D post a pic with some bags on it so we can drool lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2