Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tall yarn sack was made for a growler

When Darcy made the announcement that the tall yarn sack was being retired, I ordered a couple since I didn't have any and wanted to see one in the flesh. Today I had time to take a look at them and saw it is the perfect size for a growler. I tried it in a full-size Swift and it fit great. I've always struggled to find a good way to transport a water bottle in the Swift unless the bag is full and the contents can support it. Otherwise, the bottle flops over and I find that annoying. The outside clip or the inner triangle clip is great to attach to the O ring to keep it upright. I like Smartwater and generally buy the 33.8 oz bottles which are sort of tall. The tall yarn sack would be perfect for those too. I can fit a couple Smartwater bottles in there. Please forgive these awful photos. But I think they will give you the basic idea. **Mods, please reorient pictures**

Mr. pammy is eyeing these new sacks because he can always find a use for them with his camping stuff. Besides for knitting, how else are others using these tall yarn sacks? Please share your ideas.

Tall yarn sack was made for a growler-yss1-jpgTall yarn sack was made for a growler-yss2-jpgTall yarn sack was made for a growler-yss3-jpg

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A number of people use the Tall Yarn Stuff Sack to hold water bottles, especially if these are non-insulated and "sweat" when placed in a Synapse or other water bottle pocket.

moriond

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use one in NWS to manage power cords and chargers - the long orientation means I can just "fold" the cords instead of wrapping them in a circle to fit a Travel Tray. I have one in Solar to hold all my small items when packing a bigger bag. In the winter, a TYSS is great to keep a down jacket or shawl tucked away in my bag, safe from snags. In a pinch, I can roll down the top for a makeshift Travel Tray, if I've forgotten a real TT.

I also use a Tall as an extra pocket in a Shop Bag - say, if the side pockets are taken up by water bottles; then the TYSS keeps small snacks and bars corralled and accessible. Much easier to reach on a road trip, vs. rummaging in the bottom of the bag.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the excellent ideas, you two. I am excited to use it in the shop bag to keep the contents protected and organized and for snacks. I love the interior pockets, but they quickly get filled up with my Side Effect, water bottle, and other things that need to be kept handy. I didn't realize how versatile the yarn stuff sacks really are.

I also bought an Iberian all fabric one because I thought to use it to for things that I want to use right away upon arriving at the hotel and not have to root around in my packing cubes when I am tired. For me the Iberian will stand out and I can grab it quickly. After looking at these large yarn sacks, it's too bad they are being retired, but I look forward to new TB items that will replace it.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been on edge this whole week waiting for payday to put my order in. Every time someone mentioned a tall yarn sack I would have a smart heart attack and check the stock. I got an order in this morning and was able to nab a tall Iberian my first color choice. That island sack looks amazing. Island would have been my second choice. Great idea about that bottle.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsblade View Post
    I have been on edge this whole week waiting for payday to put my order in. Every time someone mentioned a tall yarn sack I would have a smart heart attack and check the stock. I got an order in this morning and was able to nab a tall Iberian my first color choice. That island sack looks amazing. Island would have been my second choice. Great idea about that bottle.
    Glad you were able to get your color of choice. When I ordered I was only going to get ones in Island but then I saw the all fabric Iberian and knew I had to try it. I'm so glad I did. But they are huge, at least in my opinion. Now I am contemplating using them to pack my clothes or maybe shoes in for an upcoming trip. However, I do like the idea of using one in a large shop bag to keep the contents organized and easy to find. There are definitely a lot of possibilities with these sacks.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Glad you were able to get your color of choice. When I ordered I was only going to get ones in Island but then I saw the all fabric Iberian and knew I had to try it. I'm so glad I did. But they are huge, at least in my opinion. Now I am contemplating using them to pack my clothes or maybe shoes in for an upcoming trip. However, I do like the idea of using one in a large shop bag to keep the contents organized and easy to find. There are definitely a lot of possibilities with these sacks.
    Island is beautiful but Iberian was calling me! I do love the versatility of the sack. The possibilities are so numerous.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found another use for the TYSS! I bought a pretty mug while on vacation and wanted to make sure it got home safely. I wrapped it in a small travel towel, then put it in the TYSS to keep the towel secured. (The TYSS had been holding a shawl.) Then I put it in the middle of my A30 surrounded by nice soft clothing, and strapped it down with the internal straps.

Success!! One new mug imported into the country. Smilie And a matching tote bag, because why not? I might have to get some of those neoprene handle wraps that moriond has posted about before, since it's not as well-designed as a Shop Bag, haha. I guess it will be good for magazines or something flat. (Speaking of design, I noticed while taking these photos that the mug handle had been put on upside down. So I think I will use it to hold pens, or my toothbrush, instead of coffee. Because that unbalanced handle would bother me every day. Big Grin)