Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring back the Original Citizen Canine please!

I love the look of the of the new Citizen Canine bag, but I'm finding its just too big for me after all. I was late in joining the whole world of Tom Bihn bags and missed the opportunity in buying the original smaller design of the Citizen Canine. (Yes, I have searched ebay and such for finds but I'm never that lucky lol.) I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that misses the old design? Maybe if we request enough they will bring it back? :-D

By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too find the new Citizen Canine too big; we already have a mark 1 version which I bought as a gift for my partner some years ago. Sadly, by the time I realised I wanted one for me too, the original design had been discontinued and sold out. I'd love another original-size CC, but I don't know that the market is there and big enough to justify TB making them again.

Something else which may mitigate against the v1 CC ever coming back is the surprising number of very similar lookalike designs being made. I was quite astonished when browsing one of the big e-commerce sites (can't remember if it was eBay or Amazon) a while back, to discover what looked like half a dozen subtly different near-clones of the original CC, most likely made in some factory in the far East. They do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Of course I doubt that these would have been made to the quality of the TB original, but if you want something similar then it's possible to track down something which will do the job... although I do have to wonder at the quite brazen nature of the copying!
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean about the lookalikes! I see them everywhere on Amazon. I need to buy some sort of bait bag soon though, keeping treats in my pocket isn't always ideal for me. I've read reviews on some of those lookalike bags, and it seems to me that they wear out quickly and even rip in places. Not cool. But I guess you get what you pay for. I used to have those bait bags that could snap open, and stay open, but the hinge on that eventually broke. I could get another one of those...but I think I'm a little obsessed with getting my hands on the original TB CC. -.-