Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right down to the artificial sweeteners (stevia)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCWriter View Post
    Now all you need is a ClipA and you're all set!

I never let my Tom Bihn bags touch the floor ...
    Attachment 18095
    Which bag is that?..nice.

Columbus Ohio
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finding a man purse is what drove me to Bihn. I have deliberated for months and finally placed my first order this weekend! I am so sick of trying to jam more and more in my pockets. I'm starting with a Maker's Bag to handle my work and personal items. However, if I like the bag as much as I think I will, I plan to get a SCB that will ride inside the MB and hold personal items that I can just slip out and carry by itself when I don't need to haul my laptop and lunch around.

York, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im glad Im not the only one that dislikes placing my TB bags on the floor..(this goes for all TB bags).
    If I do have to place a bag on the floor, I always wipe it afterwards...Not sure if that's too fussy, but I like to look after my stuff, as cant afford to replace stuff all the time.
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Connecticut
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 54 yr old accountant and regularly carry my (one of many) Side Effects with a TB wrist strap. Not sure I could do the cross body carry, but to each his own.
    --------------------------------

Manhattan. I haven't flown on a plane since the '90s.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
    Which bag is that?..nice.
    Ristretto in verde. Smilie

It's my EDC bag.

BTW that ClipA has a thick silicone pad on each end so as not to scratch the table surface, and can hold up to 45 pounds!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started carrying a MCB for work about 2.5 years ago. Then I started using it for a diaper bag on the evenings/weekends. Once I realized that I had it with me 95% of the time, I started putting my phone and wallet in it, and started carrying it all the time. By now I've added a few organizers and put together a very useful and versatile collection of items that make me more prepared for the day. It's definetly nice to be able to have what I need without having to cram my pockets everyday. I guess I would say that it improved my life in a small, but real, way.

I still can't figure out why American men are so averse to carrying a bag, though I'm assume there's some historical/cultural explanation. The MCB seems to be a pretty safe option, though. I think its utilitarian styling, medium size, and thick/black straps help avoid the 'purse' look. It also helps that I can reach in and grab my phone/wallet one-handed without having dig around in the bag (which I think would add to the 'purse' image). And in the end, I just don't want to go back to the bulging-pockets/unprepared days because of some arbitrary societal insecurity. Seems like a silly taboo to pass down to the next generation. Confused

Forum Member
    Chicago
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    I am 54 yr old accountant and regularly carry my (one of many) Side Effects with a TB wrist strap. Not sure I could do the cross body carry, but to each his own.
    I can't do that because, to me, the whole point of carrying a bag is so that my hands (as well as my pockets) can remain free.

Connecticut
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I can't do that because, to me, the whole point of carrying a bag is so that my hands (as well as my pockets) can remain free.
    Hands are free with a wrist strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --------------------------------

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
    How do men do it? Sometimes I simply do local things by taking much less "stuff" with me. Just two keys (house and car), a very slim wallet, iPhone on a belt clip. I'm always trying to think minimalist, even when I need a simple day bag or carryon. Any time I want my iPad, meds, and any paperwork with me, though, out comes the Copilot. I no longer read or carry physical books; it's all on the iPad.

I'm starting to think something smaller than even the copilot would be nice when not traveling. The copilot has made its first air travel with me and perfect for managing everything on today's overbooked airlines.
    I second that. I'm out and about daily with a Side Kick. I was in a Maker's Bag but it was too big for moving meeting to meeting between two buildings. (I am in univ campus). The Side Kick was great ON campus but not getting to campus. I go by bike so a stable bag was needed.

Side Kick carries iPhone 7 plus, Anker battery and charger, Bluetooth Keyboard (no laptop going everywhere), moleskin, iPad mini, mini OPs for earbuds, cables and pop up iPhone stand, and Bihn wallet for overall plastic cards - and biz cards.

I nested the Side Kick in the Maker with my lunch - a salad yogurt, three pieces of fruit, Contigo 16oz, and an umbrella. Additionally I had keys on a long strap, clear OP pencil case, extra cables and adapters in a small OP. It was an overflow situation. The organization of the Maker was really wasted.

Just received a Daylight Backpack today. It's packed for the first time with all the above. While quite full the backpack format feels more contained than the Maker. Obviously, once at the office I dump the lunch, grab the mug and Side Kick and away I go to (too many) my meetings.

My only complaint with the DLBP on first packing is the wasted space at the top of the outside slash pocket. An O-ring at the top would be perfect for OPs for earbuds, etc. and the wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2