Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @maverick!

Well they say that the enemy of a good plan is the search for the perfect plan ... I experienced similar decision paralysis when I was recently picking out a car and I guess it has carried over to my bag-buying experience with TB. I know, I know, first world problems.

My current (and hopefully final) plan is to pick up a Synapse 25 & an Aeronaut 30 and evenly distribute the weight between both bags. I've learned a ton from all of the minimalist travel blogs so I think these two bags should have more than enough space. I am extremely tempted to just get the Hero's Journey instead and have everything streamlined into one bag but I'm not sure if I'm sold on the "backpacker look." It would be so much easier if we had a Tom Bihn store here in Charleston. Smilie

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaKM View Post
    Thanks @maverick!

Well they say that the enemy of a good plan is the search for the perfect plan ... I experienced similar decision paralysis when I was recently picking out a car and I guess it has carried over to my bag-buying experience with TB. I know, I know, first world problems.

My current (and hopefully final) plan is to pick up a Synapse 25 & an Aeronaut 30 and evenly distribute the weight between both bags. I've learned a ton from all of the minimalist travel blogs so I think these two bags should have more than enough space. I am extremely tempted to just get the Hero's Journey instead and have everything streamlined into one bag but I'm not sure if I'm sold on the "backpacker look." It would be so much easier if we had a Tom Bihn store here in Charleston. Smilie
    Are you in SC or WV?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in Charleston, SC ... definitely very different than Charleston, West Virginia. Smilie

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be that I'm just not sold on the steel ballistic look and black halycon might be more my style. It's a tough call .... too bad there isn't an aeronaut 35 haha.

Well there's sort of a Aeronaut 36 / duffle. Look at the medium road duffle on the doggie page. I love it. Packs like an A36, only without the backstraps, which I never use. I think it must be selling well, because they're out of most of the colors. And you can carry it in Aeronaut mode or NF duffle mode, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aeronaut 45 / Pilot Combo vs. A45 / Night Flight Combo

I tend toward the A30 and SideKick combo. When I do use my NFTD I also stick with a backpack like the DLBP or a crossbody where I can put my NFTD on my shoulder and slung toward my back. My hands don't like carrying it long distances. That being said, I travel in my NFTD all the time and love it.
    Night Flight Travel Duffle & an ultralight trip* fredlets travels this was one of those times Smilie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fredletsTravels.com

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone ... if there's one thing I've learned from this forum is that there are ENDLESS travel bag combinations. For my needs I decided to send back the A45 and I ordered an A30 & several packing accessories that shipped out today. Now I just have to wait for a Synapse 25 to be produced in my preferred color combo. Smilie

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in Charleston, SC ... definitely very different than Charleston, West Virginia. Smilie
    I sent you a message. Check your Inbox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I originally did a A45 and DLBP but that combo didn't work for me because I used the A45 in backpack mode, which made trying to sling the DLBP on one shoulder awkward. Then I tried the A45 and Makers bag combo and wallah, perfecto! I could fit all my travel docs in the MB (easily accessible), a Kleen Kanteen fits nicely in the inside pocket, snacks, light jacket, and side effect with room to spare!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2