Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's so many good hints in Zeke's last post!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kudo's to Zeke on his utter mastery of exposure on that photo 😍

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got it!! The little surprise is a flip-open style wallet filled with dr who's psychic paper, so that you flip it open at the airline or whatever and they let you on... hence the 'going on an adventure without buying a ticket'.

I will definitely be getting a few of those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm does the colorful one have to do with new key straps of some sort? Does it have any connectors?

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rainbow Halcyon?!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    Rainbow Halcyon?!
    Close-ish.... UNICORN Halcyon! First it was food, now it's Halcyon.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgive me if I'm reading into things, but I've been nerding out to figure out the clues. Please help me breaking down these hints, especially you long time fans!

My Musings on new things coming from TB

"Musings" = clever play on words for the "Muse" though I'm not sure what that means other than a former name for a bag.

Oh boy! Are we TB fans in for a treat. I'd love to shine some light on what's in store, but I best not say too much.

"Shine some light" - could this reference the discontinued "Solar" color?

I will say, I LOVE the new bags. "New" as in - not officially announced yet. One was called the Muse. Now, maybe, it's called something else. Is that too much information?

So there is more than one bag. '"New" as in - not officially announced yet' seems to indicate the return of something, not announced, but not exactly a brand new design or color.

You may be asking yourself. "What? How does this guy know anything about new bags?" Well... I'm the guy who makes all the films for TB. I'm also a looooooong time fan of TB bags. You could say I'm obsessed with them.

"looooooong time fan" this reinforces to me the idea that it's the return of a past design/color that has yet to be announced. Or does this refer to something really long? "obsessed" seems important too.

Anyhow, I just finished filming the video for The L-- oops, I almost gave away the new name.

"L-- oops" = Loops? Does anyone know of something with loops? A long string of loops perhaps?

Later in the week I'm filming another new bag video. Working hard to get it all done in time. In time for what? Oh, you'll see.

"In time for what? Oh, you'll see." Time for announcement, or is there another event? There is a total solar eclipse on August 21, 2017 visible in the United States. Could this be the return of Solar for the eclipse? That's about 8 or 9 weeks after the announcement on June 27.

I can say I was SHOCKED at how much was being replaced. 😱

"SHOCKED" seems to be the operative word here. This made me think of shock cords or bungees, maybe like those on the Smart Alec. Is there another product that uses these types of cables?

Darcy just sent me a little surprise to put in one of the videos. It's so cute! I can't look at it without smiling.

Surprise, cute and smiling seem to be the operative words. But also "can't look at it" could be like you can't look at the Sun during the eclipse.

I'm definitely going to want one in every color, I mean every color - and probably 3 in my favorite color!

Every is underlined so it's obviously important, and it hints that a new color or colors will be released. Does anyone know what Zeke's favorite color is? Big Grin

I may end up putting it in the video for another new TB bag that I'm shooting tomorrow. I think this bag is also going to be quite popular. I like this bag both ways. Using this bag is like going on an adventure without buying a ticket!

"both ways" seems to indicate a backpack/shoulder bag, but I don't know. "going on an adventure without buying a ticket!" seems important but i can't think of anything that this would refer to.

It seems to me that this hints to the return of the color Solar. If I'm right, what do I win? Wink I'm not sure of anything else. Does anyone else have any ideas?
    MB-Steel/Iberian, SK-Steel/Iberian, DLBC-Grey/Steel, MCB-Orange 152/Navy, SCB-Azure/Navy

Forum Member
    The City of Angels
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say, I LOVE the new bags. "New" as in - not officially announced yet. One was called the Muse. Now, maybe, it's called something else. Is that too much information?

So there is more than one bag. '"New" as in - not officially announced yet' seems to indicate the return of something, not announced, but not exactly a brand new design or color.
    Not necessarily. It could mean that the old name "Muse" has been changed to simply "One." Giving away the new name ("One") may explain why the lamentation of "giving away too much information" follows.

Forum Member
    Chicago
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've figured out what the small extra is. The clues are clear as day (unless I'm still in the dark).

I make TOM BIHN videos
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised no one has asked for a closer photo of the bag. Confused

WNC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    I'm surprised no one has asked for a closer photo of the bag. Confused
    Okay, I'll bite - Hey Zeke, would you show us a closer photo of the bag.....pretty please?

(why do I feel like I'm going to groan and regret being the sucker who asked. I don't even KNOW Zeke and I can already hear him giggling.)
    Black Dyneema/Wasabi SA (with UMP & LMP and GloWire), Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Olive/Wasabi MCB, Verde/UV Swift, Black Dyneema/Island A30, Black Dyneema/Iberian Co-Pilot, PCSB in Wasabi, SSB's in Black & Wasabi, LSB's in Zest & NW Sky, TT's in Steel & Wasabi, Various Packing Cubes, TSS's, YSS's, OP's, and QKITs

WNC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....and HERE'S something..... this comment from Darcy on another thread:
    "...... There's a few reasons why the Daylight Backpack isn't yet in the process of being made yet -- most notably, our production crew is busy making other designs right now. (There's other reasons, too, but I can't share those without revealing too much about our debut on the 27th!)" (bold emphasis added)

hmmmm. That's very interesting, Darcy....tell us more!
    Black Dyneema/Wasabi SA (with UMP & LMP and GloWire), Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Olive/Wasabi MCB, Verde/UV Swift, Black Dyneema/Island A30, Black Dyneema/Iberian Co-Pilot, PCSB in Wasabi, SSB's in Black & Wasabi, LSB's in Zest & NW Sky, TT's in Steel & Wasabi, Various Packing Cubes, TSS's, YSS's, OP's, and QKITs

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, must be rainbow cord zipper pull packs Smilie

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh new fabric!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast