Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3D Organizer Ordered!

Saw that 3D Organizer Cube's were released in parapack! Considering I'm absolutely obsessed with parapack I placed an order for one right away. And hey, it was an excuse to pickup one of those nifty new sketchbooks as well.

So, anyway, I ordered the 3DOC because of the parapack Roll Eyes (Sarcastic). So, what should I use this thing for? What are y'all using it for? I saw that it has an internal hook, so perhaps toiletries?

Happy Bihning!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an older one in all fabric steel parapack that looks amazing as a tiny bag if I just want to carry my phone, wallet and lip balm. Another one in mesh (that happens to be Halcyon) is used for chargers and cords.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually like the Fabric 3DOC's more than the zipper pouches because of their small size and yet they have depth. They are so versatile! I have a LOT of them and I too just ordered the steel and black in parapack.

Mine are all different colors and that allows me to keep my supplies in them and then just toss in what I need based on my day. I have a 3DOC shelf where they are all lined up with their own respective items.

Here are just some of the things I have used them for (besides the common snacks, toiletries & electornics cords):

Pens/pencils with Field Notes book

Travel games/playing cards/dice

Fits my compact camera and all of its chargers & batteries

Small crafting kit: wood carving, paracord projects, origami, embroidery, watercolor

Travel Laundry Supplies: clothes pins with hanging cord and stain stick

Diaper change bag to leave in vehicle glove compartment: 2 diapers, baby wipes in small snack bag, small container ointment

Walking fanny pack (if you have the shoulder strap or you can use a carabiner hooked onto a belt loop)

Light tool kit that can be worn as fanny pack: I have small sets of tools that go into one and I grab it when I need to do a project instead of lugging around a big, heavy tool chest

Condiments/tea

Inside the TB shopping bags to hold small fruit/veggies reuseable bags and pen & marker for when I am shopping in the bulk section

Bike handlebar bag with just the essentials

Camping dishes washing kit (sponge, soap, small towel) tossed into a bucket

Tent storage, hang on inside of tent

To name a few!!!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have one in parapack but I think the size and shape of the 3DOC is great. I use a mesh one for cords and cables for my MacBook. I also use one for snacks that I carry with me just in case.
    MB-Steel/Iberian, SK-Steel/Iberian, DLBC-Grey/Steel, MCB-Orange 152/Navy, SCB-Azure/Navy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Mine are all different colors and that allows me to keep my supplies in them and then just toss in what I need based on my day. I have a 3DOC shelf where they are all lined up with their own respective items.
    That is adorable! If you are ever so inclined, I would love to see a photo of that shelf.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are one of my favourite TB items. I love the clear sides as I can see what is in them. I have one (orange 152) with me all the time as a hold all the bits and pieces in my purse (little swift). It slips in so well next to my journal and umbrella. And I love the blast of colour. it holds hand moisturiser, bite cream for ant bites, lip balm, tiger balm, mini sewing kit, charger, ear buds.... also a mini qkit for medication inside it. The small rectangular shape is so easy to transfer between bags.

I use all the others I have ( and sadly I don't have enough) when shopping and travelling, similar to anna2222. Such a useful item!

I remove the hooks and just keep the triangle shape to hang it using key straps, as I think ilkyway suggested.
    Last edited by Kirri; 06-14-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a halcyon all fabric 3DOC, and before I'd even cut the tag off I had bartered it to another member as part of a trade. So I bought another... and that one, too, became part of a trade. So once they were back in stock I ordered four, so that I can plan on keeping at least a couple of them. Smilie (I ordered Navy parapack because I'm curious about parapack, plus one each of halcyon UV, NWS, and Island. All colors I like!)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've attached a photo of this in the swift and another showing the hook removed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bchaplin,

I will get my new parapack 3DOC's on Monday, will definitely take a photo of THE FAMILY and post!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am happy the Plum mesh 3DOCs are back in stock. I ordered one and also a steel parapack one as well. I must say they are a convenient size and hold a lot. Even though I have a couple of clear 3DOCs, I really do not use them very much, although I like being able to see the contents without unzipping it. I find the clear sides sort of grab the pockets of my Swift/Little Swift. And they are a little small for me to use as a 311 bag. Since they are in retired colors, I am reluctant to let them go. I think I need to give it a think and figure out better ways to utilize them.

Washington, D.C.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing! I ordered a black parapack--had been on my wishlist for a while. Annnnd the orange 152 medium cafe back may have decided to keep it company on it's cross country trip to me Embarrassment

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange 152 medium cafe bag.... sigh. On my wish list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk