Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    32
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    New Daylight Backpack Colors Coming?

    I am about to place a order for a Synapse 25, and I was hoping to order a Daylight Backpack in one of the more common colors; navy, black, etc. but I see none of these colors in stock and no note about being in production. Is there a reason for this? I notice that on the Synapse page, we can see what colors are in production and there is an option to be emailed when they go into stock, but I see nothing like that under the Daylight page.

    I have called the 800 number and the regular number and routinely, it goes to voicemail, even during working hours and my luck in the past with having emails returned has been essentially zero. Does anyone have any idea what is going on with this particular model? I understand that there are different rotations and colors, but it seems odd that there is no mention of future production.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Share
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    188
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What email address are you sending to? That surprises me because I've always had emails returned the same day!

    I think it means they're not currently on the production schedule, so they'd be potentially coming farther out than 12 weeks.

  3. #3
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Posts
    2,942
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am suprised too because they are very responsive.

    My guess as to your question is: they are working on other bags right now and as soon as the DLBP is in the focus again they will update the in production.

    Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

    By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

  4. #4
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    5,900
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydermann View Post
    I am about to place a order for a Synapse 25, and I was hoping to order a Daylight Backpack in one of the more common colors; navy, black, etc. but I see none of these colors in stock and no note about being in production. Is there a reason for this? I notice that on the Synapse page, we can see what colors are in production and there is an option to be emailed when they go into stock, but I see nothing like that under the Daylight page.

    I have called the 800 number and the regular number and routinely, it goes to voicemail, even during working hours and my luck in the past with having emails returned has been essentially zero. Does anyone have any idea what is going on with this particular model? I understand that there are different rotations and colors, but it seems odd that there is no mention of future production.

    Thank you.
    I'm sorry you haven't had luck reaching us, Spydermann -- that's no good. Can you forward your most recent email to darcy@tombihn.com? That way I can check our system to see what exactly went wrong. We have a small (but mighty!) customer service crew and on really busy days (such as debut days) it is typical for some calls to go to voicemail because everyone's already talking on the phone. Outside of debut days, though, that shouldn't be the case, unless it's one of those strange convergences where everyone calls us at once Answering emails speedily and picking up the phone as fast as we can when it rings are things we pride ourselves on, so something's amiss here and I'd love to chance to look into it / make this right.

    sarah_atx is correct: the Daylight Backpack isn't listed as "In Production" for colors Navy, Black, and others because it hasn't yet begun the process of being made. Generally, we don't add bags to the website as "In Production" until they actually begin the process of being made. That's our way of making sure we live up to our promises (in this case, promising that a specific color is In Production and will ship within 2-12 weeks) as best we can. There's a few reasons why the Daylight Backpack isn't yet in the process of being made yet -- most notably, our production crew is busy making other designs right now. (There's other reasons, too, but I can't share those without revealing too much about our debut on the 27th!)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    32
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good evening Darcy,

    I do thank you for your sincere response.

    I did not email in this particular circumstance, so I should have been clearer in my comments here. I was referencing back to approximately a year or so ago when I did email and did not receive a response but I then got through and spoke with a very nice lady who clearly answered all of my questions.

    However, I did call several times today and it continually went to voicemail and when that happens to me, it is my personal policy to not leave messages but to keep trying. Messages get lost, I worked in retail and wholesale long enough to know that you are likely better off speaking to someone than leaving messages. Certainly not a negative against your great company, just my policy in general. My apologies for setting off your alarm.

    Anyway, I appreciate your explanation on production. I will hold off on ordering until hopefully everything is in stock at the same time. I hate paying several shipping costs when one will suffice.

    Thank you for making a great product, I carry my large café bag out to the field on a regular basis, and just last evening I went out to yet another homicide scene, and it has always served me well and carries everything that I need. And, it cleans up easily… I will leave that to your imagination.

  6. #6
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    5,900
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad a year ago you were able to speak with someone who helped you; I'm sorry we goofed or otherwise missed your email.

    Did you by any chance call between 11:00am - 12:00pm Pacific Time yesterday? If so, we were having our company meeting during that time. It's a once a month meeting, but there's announcements and food involved (Ethiopian food this month, yum!) so it can go on for a little while. We don't answer the phones during that time, and it occurs to me now that we don't change our voicemail message to let callers know why we aren't answering the phone. If we had done that -- and thus, if you had called us and, after the first ring, heard a voicemail message that said "We're having our monthly company meeting right now! It's from 11:00am until 12:00pm Pacific Time. Please leave a message and we'll return your call after our meeting." -- your time wouldn't have been wasted trying to call several times/you would have known to call back after noon, or maybe because it was an updated/current message you might have left your name and number so we could return your call.

    I'm sorry you had a frustrating experience, but I'm grateful this was pointed out to us -- we're already discussing internally the need for updated voicemail messages for company meeting days, holidays, and even debuts.

    And it's great to know your Large Cafe Bag is serving you well, especially in your line of work! I can't imagine!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    32
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink

    Dear Darcy,

    You are so very kind… This is why we love you and your company…

    You are correct, that is when I called, and had you not responded to me, I would have called today and everything probably would have been just fine so perhaps I was a little too quick to post here. My apologies for that.

    So, as soon as you have the Daylight Backpack in true "men's colors"…… I will order my synapse 25 for the heavy lifting and the Daylight for the "Honey, would you carry my jacket for me?" missions.

    My line of work… Generally, pretty quiet and calm, although there is that occasional one… If you ever need advice as to how to get fingernail marks off the inside of a cooler door, let me know, I am an expert now…

    Of course, I am just kidding.

    Or, maybe not.
    Last edited by Spydermann; 06-16-2017 at 05:59 PM.

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Darcy,

    Could you potentially shed any light here? PM? I just purchased a DLBP and had the same thought as the color I wanted was available for a week, then it popped up, now gone again -- and, if it's being updated/altered/etc I'd love to have the option to check that out instead of being a week or two too early.

    Thanks!

  9. #9
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    5,900
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydermann View Post
    You are correct, that is when I called, and had you not responded to me, I would have called today and everything probably would have been just fine so perhaps I was a little too quick to post here. My apologies for that.
    I'm glad you told us about your experience. We're already implementing a plan to update our voicemail more frequently (complete with calendar reminders; non-daily / out-of-the-ordinary tasks require those!) and thus you've helped to save other folks from similar frustrations when they try to call us during our meetings, on holidays, or on debut days.

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobslide View Post
    Hi Darcy,

    Could you potentially shed any light here? PM? I just purchased a DLBP and had the same thought as the color I wanted was available for a week, then it popped up, now gone again -- and, if it's being updated/altered/etc I'd love to have the option to check that out instead of being a week or two too early.
    The popping up / disappearing of the color is due to inventory fluctuations and is not related to the debut. But if you'd like us to make changes to your order, send a note over to emailus@tombihn.com -- our crew will be able to help
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

  10. #10
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Share
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,276
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobslide View Post
    Hi Darcy,

    Could you potentially shed any light here? I just purchased a DLBP and had the same thought as the color I wanted was available for a week, then it popped up, now gone again .

    Thanks!
    @jacobslide and others,

    I know that Darcy responded to the question about DLBP availability with information about "inventory fluctuations", but I thought that I'd expand on this for explaining available color selections.

    Production of most bags and accessories are "batched" throughout the year, and you generally get the widest selection of color/fabric choices when you order soon after a product line is restocked. (The New Bags and Colors Ready to Order sticky thread carries these announcements) Although most versions remain available for some weeks after that, popular colors sell out faster.

    However, because of the generous 60-day trial return period, and also because of the easy UPS label generation return process return mechanism they've managed to arrange with UPS for US customers, where a prepaid shipping label is generated for items being sent back within that 60-day period (even multiple items from different orders) with only a $10 return shipping charge for everything debited against the refunded credit, many people try out multiple items/colors and return the ones they don't end up choosing. So when these individual items show up again, they get listed back in the inventory, even if that item sold out weeks or days before, and there's only one in stock. An observant customer who has been regularly rechecking the product page can see it and buy it. That's the explanation for items that "popped up, now gone again".

    Even for colors that have sold out entirely, and are again listed as being "in production" with a 2-12 week lead time, inventory fluctuations because of returns can happen. And, even if you have signed up for email notification when that color is back in stock, you won't get a notification when that kind of return comes back -- only when they restock enough new bags in that color to satisfy the backlog. Sending an email notice that 1 bag in a desired color came back when you have a dozen people waiting for a restock would only lead to frustration.

    On top of that, the actual color combinations made up can vary from batch to batch, so if there's a combination you'd like to see that hasn't been made yet, try posting your request in the forums or letting Customer Support know when you call, email, or contact them by other means (Twiiter, Facebook, other social media).

    I've always found the support folks very responsive, and it's unusual to have problems reaching them. They can also tell you whether/where product refreshes are on the upcoming production schedule.

    HTH

    moriond

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Share
    Alaska
    Posts
    634
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydermann View Post
    So, as soon as you have the Daylight Backpack in true "men's colors"…… I will order my synapse 25 for the heavy lifting and the Daylight for the "Honey, would you carry my jacket for me?" missions.
    Greetings,
    If you like a specific color combination of Synapse and it is in stock now, I would advise you to order it now. By the time the Daylight Backpack is available in the color you want, the Synapse might be out of stock.

    Shipping is a consideration and depending on your location, the cost savings of combining orders can be considerable. However, I am partial to specific colors. The pop of a favorite color when I open a bag brings an instant smile to my face. It's a little burst of joy and it's wonderful.

    My Synapse25 and Side Effect both have an Ultraviolet interior. It's my favorite Halcyon color. My Aeronaut30 and Side Kick have an Island interior and while I love the Island color, the exterior is not my favorite, so I'm patiently awaiting my preferred colors. I've been waiting quite a while now.

    My policy is to buy the bag immediately when I see the color I prefer in stock. Good luck! elisa

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of new DLBP colors, any chance we will ever see them (or any current TB bag) in parapack?

    I do have the Halycon version but prefer the no-nonsense look of parapack while retaining the weight and maintenance benefits.

    Glad I picked up a S25, S19, and cafe bags in parapack when I had the chance (yes, I'm a hoarder!)

  13. #13
    Forum Member terayon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Share
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    669
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteacre View Post
    Speaking of new DLBP colors, any chance we will ever see them (or any current TB bag) in parapack?
    Someone else had the same question!

    Parapack bags

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @jacobslide and others,

    I know that Darcy responded to the question about DLBP availability with information about "inventory fluctuations", but I thought that I'd expand on this for explaining available color selections.

    Production of most bags and accessories are "batched" throughout the year, and you generally get the widest selection of color/fabric choices when you order soon after a product line is restocked. (The New Bags and Colors Ready to Order sticky thread carries these announcements) Although most versions remain available for some weeks after that, popular colors sell out faster.

    However, because of the generous 60-day trial return period, and also because of the easy UPS label generation return process return mechanism they've managed to arrange with UPS for US customers, where a prepaid shipping label is generated for items being sent back within that 60-day period (even multiple items from different orders) with only a $10 return shipping charge for everything debited against the refunded credit, many people try out multiple items/colors and return the ones they don't end up choosing. So when these individual items show up again, they get listed back in the inventory, even if that item sold out weeks or days before, and there's only one in stock. An observant customer who has been regularly rechecking the product page can see it and buy it. That's the explanation for items that "popped up, now gone again".

    Even for colors that have sold out entirely, and are again listed as being "in production" with a 2-12 week lead time, inventory fluctuations because of returns can happen. And, even if you have signed up for email notification when that color is back in stock, you won't get a notification when that kind of return comes back -- only when they restock enough new bags in that color to satisfy the backlog. Sending an email notice that 1 bag in a desired color came back when you have a dozen people waiting for a restock would only lead to frustration.

    On top of that, the actual color combinations made up can vary from batch to batch, so if there's a combination you'd like to see that hasn't been made yet, try posting your request in the forums or letting Customer Support know when you call, email, or contact them by other means (Twiiter, Facebook, other social media).

    I've always found the support folks very responsive, and it's unusual to have problems reaching them. They can also tell you whether/where product refreshes are on the upcoming production schedule.

    HTH

    moriond
    Thanks Moriond,
    My question wasn't truly about color availability - but, the connection between the lack of colors available and the new bag(s) dropping on the 27th -- e.g. if the DLBP is being updated/replaced..

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I'm glad you told us about your experience. We're already implementing a plan to update our voicemail more frequently (complete with calendar reminders; non-daily / out-of-the-ordinary tasks require those!) and thus you've helped to save other folks from similar frustrations when they try to call us during our meetings, on holidays, or on debut days.



    The popping up / disappearing of the color is due to inventory fluctuations and is not related to the debut. But if you'd like us to make changes to your order, send a note over to emailus@tombihn.com -- our crew will be able to help
    Thanks Darcy, I think when you said "(There's other reasons, too, but I can't share those without revealing too much about our debut on the 27th!)" it got me curious!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •