Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    -5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much for my sleuthing

Being the nosy sort, I'm anxious to get details of the next debut. I thought I would be sooooo smart, and go look for the url's that were last used for the Hero's Journey, figuring maybe the same staging area would be used for early photos etc. But Tom Bihn company is smarter than me, all of the pre release url's from that time are now redirected to real pages. And I never took notes of those url's and the wayback machine doesn't get me into the actual threads. I'm gonna have to wait just like everyone else. Not for the lack of trying though. Only 185 more hours.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is nobody content to just let it be a surprise?

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly S View Post
    Nope. I really want that Synapse 3000!

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, its the fun of pursuit and putting together clues. Plus, I've been waiting a couple of years for this bag and am just anxious.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate that TB let us all know that a new bag is coming and giving us the date for the release, because I had been looking at picking up a different bag and now I'm holding off until I see what the (bfka)Muse is.
    But I'm happy to just wait and see what they've come up with. It's like being surprised at Christmas (or other Winter gift giving holiday).

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    Being the nosy sort, I'm anxious to get details of the next debut. I thought I would be sooooo smart, and go look for the url's that were last used for the Hero's Journey, figuring maybe the same staging area would be used for early photos etc. But Tom Bihn company is smarter than me, all of the pre release url's from that time are now redirected to real pages. And I never took notes of those url's and the wayback machine doesn't get me into the actual threads. I'm gonna have to wait just like everyone else. Not for the lack of trying though. Only 185 more hours.
    That's quite clever Our new website makes that kind of sleuthing a little more difficult... that's good, I guess, but not as much fun! To reward your diligence, Matthew is going to post a little short story he's worked on in this thread.... stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly S View Post
    I appreciate that TB let us all know that a new bag is coming and giving us the date for the release, because I had been looking at picking up a different bag and now I'm holding off until I see what the (bfka)Muse is.
    But I'm happy to just wait and see what they've come up with. It's like being surprised at Christmas (or other Winter gift giving holiday).
    Our goal is to strike a good balance between giving enough hints that folks can plan purchases accordingly while keeping some details a surprise because as you pointed out, surprises are fun! We figure fair enough if anyone guesses correctly based on our hints (that's already happened this debut... but I won't say which guesses are correct! muhahaha!) or finds info on the website that we didn't hide well enough.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer the term "microfiction". pushes up glasses

Deep Blue sat on the grass, or some strange amalgam thereof (Astragrass® shaded olive), and watched as the dawn light peeked over the side of Coyote Canyon. A lone cloud wafted lazily in the sky, a hologram that displayed notifications in a place where the entirety of Viridian 152 could see it. He switched his eyes to alphaviolet mode and grimaced, opened the menu and turned the color to Mars. Red burst from the menu indicator has he selected it and colored the AR displays and holograms in his view. He laid back and stared into what was the black of space and sighed, watching the previously sub-visible waves batter the containment windows. Would he ever get out of this hab?

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my- could there be some red fabric in our future. Oh please let it be so!

Forum Member
    Chicago, IL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewR View Post

Deep Blue sat on the grass, or some strange amalgam thereof (Astragrass® shaded olive), and watched as the dawn light peeked over the side of Coyote Canyon. A lone cloud wafted lazily in the sky, a hologram that displayed notifications in a place where the entirety of Viridian 152 could see it. He switched his eyes to alphaviolet mode and grimaced, opened the menu and turned the color to Mars. Red burst from the menu indicator has he selected it and colored the AR displays and holograms in his view. He laid back and stared into what was the black of space and sighed, watching the previously sub-visible waves batter the containment windows. Would he ever get out of this hab?
    Hmmm, lots of colors in this story! Deep blue (navy?), olive, coyote, viridian (azure?), alphaviolet (plum?), red (blend?) black. It seems to refer to selecting fabric colors and the web images changing to display those colors. Could dawn light also be a color? What about the lone cloud? Is the ability to select your colors for preorders on the horizon? And the holograms clearly are referring to unicorn halcyon.

Seems more sleuthing is in order....

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewR View Post

Deep Blue sat on the grass, or some strange amalgam thereof (Astragrass® shaded olive)
    A bag made of synthetic grass?? YES!!
    Take that conventional fabrics!! It's not just a bag, it's a miniature putting green as well!

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a hologram that displayed notifications in a place where the entirety of Viridian 152 could see it.
    Hmm, I'm reading that as there is an easter egg out there in sort of plain sight. I just need to find it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep coming back to this comment by Darcy! https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post133149

Please let it be "Zero G"

Also, colors are colors (Blue, Olive, Teal, Grey, Red) will we get to custom build??

"a hologram that displayed notifications in a place where the entirety of Viridian 152 could see it" Maybe a cell phone case?
    Last edited by fae925; 06-21-2017 at 06:21 AM.
    S19 Black Halcyon/Northwest Sky .... Maker's Bag Black Halcyon/Wasabi .... Side Effect Aubergine/Wasabi .... Med Cafe Bag Steel/Navy

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to share a story as well!

On a cool October morning, Aquaviolet lifted her arms and stretched them from her viridian covers. The early dawn sunlight was peaking through the window and lighting up her room. She smiled as she opened the door front door and sat down on her porch to enjoy her morning cup of coffee — there was not a cloud in the sky! The weather was perfect for taking a day off and reconnecting with nature.

As she sipped her cup of coffee and read the newspaper, Aquaviolet noticed the deep blue eyes of the bunny rabbit in the yard. She went inside to get some baby spinach leaves for her furry friend to enjoy.

With an unfettered leisure, she enjoyed greeting her neighbors as they walked their dogs, took their children to school, and made their way to work. The bunny rabbit had gone off, so Aquaviolet picked up the uneaten spinach leaves from the grass and put them in the compost. She went inside and packed her Synapse 19 with what she needed for her adventure that day — water, lentil soup in a thermos, some fruit, a snack pack of olives, her sketchpad and pen, a folding chair, a flashlight, a light rain jacket, a battery and a charging cable for her phone, just in case.

She canceled her meetings for the day, and started off on her biking-hiking adventure. She rode her folding bike to Froman Canyon, parked her bicycle there, and started down through the canyon with her pack on foot. Though it was a cool morning, it was still quite dry — and Alphaviolet felt thankful for the water bladder in her Synapse 19!

Though she had been through here many times, the landscape left her speechless each time she ventured through. Finding a shady spot, she sat down to enjoy a snack. Much to her excitement, a baby coyote came out from the nearby cave, quite curious about the olives she was enjoying. She shared some with the young pup. And as the pup ate, Aquaviolet took out her sketchpad and pen and made a drawing of her new friend. She poured water into the empty olive pack for the pup to enjoy, and then continued on her adventure.

As she made her way back to where she had started her hike, she opened up her chair and settled in to enjoy the sunset. She opened up her lentil soup, which was still warm, and took in the majesty of the sunset. The Mars Red sky was absolutely breathtaking, and she wished that she could freeze this moment and enjoy it a little longer. But it was getting dark, and she wanted to be home before it was pitch black. So she packed her chair and thermos back into her pack, got on her bike, and headed back home.

Getting home, she put her bike away and settled in on her porch with a blanket and her journal. She reflected on and wrote about her day — on the glory of being able to get out and just enjoy nature.
    Last edited by maverick; 06-21-2017 at 02:22 PM.
    -m

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fae925 View Post
    I keep coming back to this comment by Darcy! https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post133149
    Yes, that. Quite a few mentions of Mars; it's pretty inescapable. And maybe a "Mars Red" color as well.
    Ick, I don't like red. But it will make a lot of people happy.
    Viridian 152, perhaps?
    And Deep Blue?
    Clouds and holograms clearly figure in somehow, but I have no idea how. As do olive and coyote.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 06-22-2017 at 03:35 AM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... Plus, I've been waiting a couple of years for this bag and am just anxious.
    Me too!

Hmm, I'm reading that as there is an easter egg out there in sort of plain sight. I just need to find it.
    Me too, too!

I've looked around at areas that give notifications, the 'new bags in stock' forum posts, the materials page (since there is so much focus on color in these hints) but I haven't found anything.

Also, I've been thinking about the 'connection' in "rainbow connection" since one of the black and white hint photos seemed to show the base of a zipper (at least it was a non-fabric thing attached to fabric)
    What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast