Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daylight Backpack at Disney

We took two DLBPs and a Medium Yeoman to Disney world about 4 weeks ago. All of these were packed in our checked luggage and were for "on site" use. The DLBPs were to take to the park to carry sunscreen, a first aid kit, hats, sunglasses, water bottles etc. Generally we left each morning with the Burnt Orange DLBP packed inside the Nordic Halcyon DLBP. About half the time it stayed there and we didn't need need it. That was fine because the packs are so light they are not a burden and a folded up DLBP fits well inside the lower inner pouch leaving the upper pouch, the main inside body, and the front pouch free. We used the Yeoman to bring home souvenirs.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Images updated / rotated
    Attached Images Attached Images Daylight Backpack at Disney-img_3453-jpg  Daylight Backpack at Disney-img_3431-jpg  Daylight Backpack at Disney-img_3430-jpg  Daylight Backpack at Disney-img_2302-jpg  Daylight Backpack at Disney-img_2088-jpg  Daylight Backpack at Disney-img_1990-jpg  Daylight Backpack at Disney-img_1462-jpg  Daylight Backpack at Disney-img_1461-jpg 
    Last edited by imahawki; 06-23-2017 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Fix image rotation

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate bringing bags to Disney. (World or Land). Much more nimble to skip (world) or jump to the front of (land) the bag checking security lines. Still, with the kids it's sometimes necessary.

Changes of clothing aside, my preference is to just wear cargo pants when we go. Plenty of options for carrying without having to keep an eye on a bag.

For the souvenirs, we generally made use of their "ship it to my room" feature (at least at world, thankfully I managed to keep the souvenir shopping to a minimum at land).

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the newly tightened security at WDW, I was worried that wait times to get through security would be long. However, when I was there in late April I found the lines to not be bad at all - even when having to wait for them to clear my backpack. And now everyone is subject to (maybe) having to go through the metal detectors- so there's no rushing through security anymore really.
    Last edited by RichardMcG; 06-23-2017 at 03:12 PM.
    S19/Island, S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/NW Sky; GE S25/Coyote, GE S25/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA/Steel, SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Canyon, MCB/Wasabi, MCB/Canyon.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @imakawki those pics are great. I was just recently in Disneyland and used the DLBP for the first. It's a really great bag. More comfortable than I was expecting.
    Synapse 25 Black/Wasabi Cordova, Pilot Navy/Northwest Sky Ballistic Nylon, Co-Pilot Black/Wasabi Halcyon, Aeronaut 45 Black/Wasabi Ballistic Nylon

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMcG View Post
    With the new tightened security at WDW, I was worried that's wait times to get through security would be long. However, when I was there in late April I found the lines to not be bad at all - even when having to wait for them to clear my backpack. And now everyone is subject to (maybe) having to go through the metal detectors- so there's no rushing through security anymore really.
    Disneyland is the same. Now with metal detectors you'd have to empty out all your pockets anyway so you might as well just stick it all in a bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated the pictures to fix orientation. Get it together Apple, its 2017!!!!

I actually really enjoyed having a bag vs. carrying around stuff. My kids all had a hat and sunglasses but didn't want them all the time, we had a place to keep bottles of water without having to carry them, we had a little first aid / comfort kit, we bought those frog towels and kept them in a freezer bag until we needed them, someone would insist on a particular souvenir and we knew we wouldn't want to backtrack to the back of the park when it was time to leave but we could buy it and have a place to put it. I would never go to Disney without a backpack again and these work so much better than an over huge, over padded pack. We some some tool in line for the 7 Dwarves Minecart ride with one of those GoRuck type backpacks. Not exaggerating when I say it stuck out 24" from his back. Completely ridiculous.

Security was as good as can be expected. We were there the week following the Ariana Grande concert bombing so it was full red alert but the bag checks were quick and reasonable.

I use the burnt orange one as my "parent coach" softball bag. I just have a small first aid kit, my glove, and some sunflower seeds.

Forum Member
    Western NC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! Can't wait to try mine out in a few months at WDW. I have really enjoyed my DLBP so far.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the blue one and it is very convenient.