Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'm seeing new stuff!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Stowaway, the Luminary & the Pouchkin just came up! Wonderful!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Stowaway looks intriguing!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing that trips my trigger, but hopefully there are things that others are digging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new items are cute, but I'm disappointed that not a single one of the new items come in Halcyon.

Guess this one is a pass for me.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cubelet! Love it, such a fan of the fabric 3DOC's, this looks like a 3/4 size version, square.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    The Cubelet! Love it, such a fan of the fabric 3DOC's, this looks like a 3/4 size version, square.
    They're a great size for holding the Mac power bricks.

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I suspected, not a whole lot on here for me.

Also feels a bit like 15"+ laptop based bags are on the out. Guess I have to look elsewhere for my current need of a packable day pack. Glad I waited but what a bummer overall for me.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Selykg View Post
    Also feels a bit like 15"+ laptop based bags are on the out.
    There's other designs in the works (no specific ETA; not anytime soon) that will fit laptops up to 15". I'm typing this on my 15" MacBook Pro right now!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Selykg View Post
    As I suspected, not a whole lot on here for me.

Also feels a bit like 15"+ laptop based bags are on the out. Guess I have to look elsewhere for my current need of a packable day pack. Glad I waited but what a bummer overall for me.
    Hi Selykg,

While the bags that debuted today are not designed for 15" laptops, I wouldn't say that they are on the out. If you look at the Laptop Bags page, you can specify your laptop and identify what bags will accommodate that laptop.

For example, the 2016 15" MacBook Pro may be carried in the Brain Bag, Cadet, Empire Builder, Founder's Briefcase (that's how I carry mine), Smart Alec, Synapse 25, and Tri-Star.

P.S. And what Darcy mentioned...
    -m

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    There's other designs in the works (no specific ETA; not anytime soon) that will fit laptops up to 15". I'm typing this on my 15" MacBook Pro right now!
    Strongly encouraging the idea of a bag that can fit a 15" laptop but still remain small and thin. For instance my current need was outlined in another thread, but here's my current use case:

I want a single bag to board with on the plane. Currently that's an A45, potentially a Tri-Star in the future. Most of my trips require that I have my laptop with me. I want to put a packable day pack in the A45 that can hold the laptop, charger, an iPad and a few smaller things for when I'm out and about at my destination (from hotel to work place). Almost all of the current bags are simply too big to pack into an A45.

The Daylight backpack fits the bill mostly, but is missing padded straps and.. well.. it's color availability is not at all suited to my tastes (at least what is in stock, the in production colors are great, but... doubt they'll be available by the time I travel next).

I had hopes that the Luminary would hit this mark, it seems it comes close, but I'm kind of doubting at 15" laptop will fit in there.

That's just my need... but it needs to be packable. All of the 15" capable laptop bags you offer are large bags and while I love my Synapse 25, it's just too big to pack inside of an A45 and not lose a bunch of space.

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind 15" laptops - what about 15.6" - 17" laptops! When I am getting old my eyes are getting tired, a bigger screen is always better!

I agree @Selykg that the choice of bags is getting less and less. However, a Cadet will still work and my retired Zephyr gets full duty when the going gets bulky! (Empire Builder for 17" bad boys - even a Western Flyer). All the backpacks can carry a 15.6-17" laptop too.

But, I find that when carrying work laptops, they are now generally 14" standard and as that is what I usually carry the most (to and from work), a bag that fits that size works.

Cadet is still a beauty for my 15.6" Lenovo T510 ... and as Darcy says - keep up hope for a bag to fit bigger laptops in the future as something seems to be in the works!

Cheers!
    Thomas

Edit - a Cadet will fit in a Tri-Star and, if I recall, will fit in an A45 if you unzip one end. In fact, for the flight, you could use it as a packing cube and put your laptop (15.6" or smaller) in the back of the 2017 updated A45 (my T510 fits now!!!!) for easy access.
    Last edited by tpnl; 06-27-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Like @moriond, I LOVE these new Cubelet. I can fit my Lenovo Power Brick in it well (65w unit - have not tried a 90w or larger one yet). I also can fit all my critical cables (e.g. USB, HDMI, etc) in one of those cubes.

... and check out the Aid Pouchkins - they are super cool - individual see through pouches! Perfect for the 1 or 2 items you want to keep separate.

About that debut tomorrow...-jun2017debut_deepblue_canyon-jpg

Cheers!
    Thomas
    Last edited by tpnl; 06-27-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    Never mind 15" laptops - what about 15.6" - 17" laptops! When I am getting old my eyes are getting tired, a bigger screen is always better!

I agree @Selykg that the choice of bags is getting less and less. However, a Cadet will still work and my retired Zephyr gets full duty when the going gets bulky! (Empire Builder for 17" bad boys - even a Western Flyer). All the backpacks can carry a 15.6-17" laptop too.

But, I find that when carrying work laptops, they are now generally 14" standard and as that is what I usually carry the most (to and from work), a bag that fits that size works.

Cadet is still a beauty for my 15.6" Lenovo T510 ... and as Darcy says - keep up hope for a bag to fit bigger laptops in the future as something seems to be in the works!

Cheers!
    Thomas

I wish a briefcase would work, but I've had enough messenger bags and similar in the past to know they just don't work well for me. The nice idea of a small bag, like the Luminary, is that it would also be usable for short trips to the parents where I may spend the day but want to have a few things on me like an iPad or notebook or something along those lines. But having it also serve dual purpose as a packable bag. A briefcase/messenger style bag would work but only for work trips and I just can't justify a bigger purchase for that. Jealous of those who can make that work though because if I could get by with a Daylight briefcase that'd be awesome, but I know it won't work based on past purchases of similar products, it's not the product it's the method of carry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast