Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I hear you, Lani! Our crew will be finishing up the samples of the Luminary and Stowaway in Halcyon sometime this week, so I'll post an update soon.
    Yay!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes. Alphaviolet/Dawn and Alphaviolet/Viridian will be offered in the upcoming batch of Side Effects
    Squee!!!!!! I don't know that I have enough personality to carry a big bag in alphaviolet, but a SideEffect, I think I could do in that lovely shade of purple

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe. The next batch of Side Kicks will also be offered in various 525 / 210 combinations, including Mars Red. That said, it's worth noting that colors don't necessarily automatically flow through because we look at which colors are the most popular in each individual design of bag.
    I am REALLY hoping that the first pairing with Mars Red is Viridian. The more I look at the Luminary page the more I like that combnation. I think. Very 80's looking. A SE would be a nice small way to test out a color combination.
    S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/Solar; GES25/Coyote, GES25/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA/Steel, SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Canyon, MCB/Wasabi, MCB/Canyon; LCB Steel/Navy

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We made samples of the Luminary and the Stowaway in 400d Halcyon, and here's what we decided:

We're all in agreement that 400d Halcyon just isn't the right fabric for the Luminary (it really sings in the 525!) and thus we won't be offering it in that design. The Stowaway sample in 400d Halcyon, however, found us changing our minds; we'll take a photo of the sample 400d Black Halcyon Stowaway and add it to the website as an "In Production" option by the end of this week.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMcG View Post
    I am REALLY hoping that the first pairing with Mars Red is Viridian. The more I look at the Luminary page the more I like that combnation. I think. Very 80's looking. A SE would be a nice small way to test out a color combination.
    We don't have plans to make the Side Effect in Mars/Viridian, but it will be offered in the Side Kick.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't have plans to make the Side Effect in Mars/Viridian, but it will be offered in the Side Kick.
    THIS. So much this <3
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We made samples of the Luminary and the Stowaway in 400d Halcyon, and here's what we decided:

We're all in agreement that 400d Halcyon just isn't the right fabric for the Luminary (it really sings in the 525!) and thus we won't be offering it in that design. The Stowaway sample in 400d Halcyon, however, found us changing our minds; we'll take a photo of the sample 400d Black Halcyon Stowaway and add it to the website as an "In Production" option by the end of this week.

Ooh, what about a Mars/Dawn Side Effect?

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much for letting me know, that way I wont be waiting for something that is never going to appear. SO.... do you think it is possible that the S25, say in the next color run, could be made in that color combo? (You can't blame me for trying. )
    S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/Solar; GES25/Coyote, GES25/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA/Steel, SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Canyon, MCB/Wasabi, MCB/Canyon; LCB Steel/Navy

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [...]Tom made some of the original rough prototypes for the Luminary (long since ripped apart and recycled) in both Halcyon 400 and 1050 Ballistic and he was disappointed by the aesthetic of both. In the same way the Empire Builder wouldn’t look right in Halcyon 400, or the Daylight Backpack in 1050 Ballistic, there’s some bags that simply look and feel right in certain fabrics. For the Luminary, the 1050 Ballistic was too stiff, and the 400 Halcyon too supple: the 525 was the “just right” fabric… the curves, the lines, the drape of the fabric — everything about it was right.
    [...] [emphasis mine]
    Hey Darcy, what are the chances of seeing a Daylight Backpack in 525 Ballistic? I have the feeling that the slightly stiffer body of 525 would look great on a DLBP. The Cordura is too rough for my taste for a bag in this category and I feel like I would appreciate having just a little more durability and stiffness than the Halcyon has to offer in this design.

Am I going to pass out holding my breath?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13