Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heart Eyes Oh my goodness. I LOVE the alphaviolet/viridian color combination, I'm a weirdo who wears a lot of black and grey, but likes bright accessories, and purple and teal is a color combination I've always been drawn to. I'm seriously going to have to buy pretty much anything you make in it.

I'm also torn, because I loved my Large Cafe Bag in combination with the Freudian Slip, but I'm only 5'2, and the orientation (a little too long) and weight bothered me. I had gotten a medium cafe bag in Plum to see if I would like that better, but without the FS I felt like it was lacking, and I returned it and got a Co-Pilot instead. I love the Co-Pilot, and my son stole the Large Cafe Bag (I was totally surprised by how much he likes it, but pleased that it would get use), so I figured that I was done for now. I should have known!!! I think I'm already sold on another MCB in alphaviolet/viridian, along with a medium FS, and I'll probably be getting a Luminary and Cubelets too. Oh boy. If you decide to make the CP in that combo, I'm a goner.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    Darcy I'm going to beg beg beg you to make a cafe bag with Grass on the OUTSIDE!
    @tebnewyork, Grass is close to Kelly but lighter/brighter colored

Summer 2017 Debut!-img_3274-jpg

That's a Kelly Medium Cafe Bag with a Grass swatch laid against it. To the right are Dawn (bluish) and Cloud to the left. The color is off for Dawn -- it's lighter.

moriond

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @moriond, could you lay all of those swatches out with the names?
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Alabama
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always, y'all are freaking geniuses!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    My big question -- and sorry if I missed it, because I'm trying to take in everything before my lunchtime is up -- but is Halcyon as an interior and/or exterior fabric being retired and replaced by the new stuff, sticking around in some capacity, or perhaps you're playing it by ear?

Also, I assume the Pilots are going to be made in their existing fabrics (ballistic and Halcyon) for now?
    @bchaplin,

These combinations are available for the Cafe Bags with an interior color option that is different from Halcyon. I don't think Halcyon is going away. Think of these as brightly colored interior versions instead of Parapack

moriond

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Meglet,
    The Luminary (used to be Muse), is a great design for smaller people -- more comfortable for me than even the S19 and more streamlined. I'll see if I can load up some comparison pictures. (Hope someone else is starting that thread).

moriond

ETA: I also predict that @sturbridge will really like this bag. It's really tailored well for petite body builds.
    Oh this is exactly what I wanted to hear - I've been either squishing stuff into a Sprout, or filling up an S19 with room to spare, and while my S19 is a great bag it is often just too large for days when all I need is camera, water bottle, wallet, and a few snacks. I would loooooooooooooove to see pictures!

I am also debating if I can finagle a way to make a trip down to the TB store to pick one up in person when they come out, because while I will probably end up with a Cloud Luminary, I really really really want to see that Alphaviolet in person!
    Rambling On. . . . .

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @moriond, could you lay all of those swatches out with the names?
    @kkintea,

I think there may be a video or pre-prepared blog post with more detail? That would probably work better than my color balance skills. (I'll look for one first)

moriond

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOVE the new fabrics and colors.

I'm not a backpack girl, so neither of the new bags calls me (today), so my wallet is safe. But I'm sure there are a ton of kids and adults who are going to go nuts for those backpacks. Cool design. Cooler colors.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 06-27-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bchaplin,

These combinations are available for the Cafe Bags with an interior color option that is different from Halcyon. I don't think Halcyon is going away. Think of these as brightly colored interior versions instead of Parapack

moriond
    I can see why @bchaplin is asking though, the In Production Synapses are also lined with the new fabrics rather than Halcyon. I hope it's not going away Frown

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @kkintea,

I think there may be a video or pre-prepared blog post with more detail? That would probably work better than my color balance skills. (I'll look for one first)

moriond
    I see lighting/monitor differences between the stock photos and your picture. I think it would be helpful to see them side by side 'in person' rather than 'professional' grade.
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @moriond

Yeah and I missed Kelly and begged for its return!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I see lighting/monitor differences between the stock photos and your picture. I think it would be helpful to see them side by side 'in person' rather than 'professional' grade.
    OK, but I think that if you look at the product pages for the Cubelet you may get a better idea. @Ilkyway may have some other color shots. I'm not getting the luminescent quality of the new fabric right in these pictures.

moriond

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of interesting stuff! I particularly like the new first/second aid accessories. I'm not sure how it would work, but maybe some of them could serve as stand-alone mini kits for everyday.

Excited about the new fabric. For sure, it will be a good substitute for the existing cordura. I like the Black and Deep Blue exteriors and Dawn and Cloud interiors, but some of the others are too bright for me. But maybe when I see more photos and have time to take it all in some of the colors will grow on me.

And so much new stuff! Will take time later to watch all the videos again and read the moderators' reviews.

Though one small comment: After seeing a few of these videos, I'm beginning to get a bit jealous of the beautiful, hipster lifestyles of whoever models all this Tom Bihn gear. *MY* workplace doesn't offer strawberry-infused water. Just saying.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wallet is safe but I am happy to see some new colors coming in. I really hope Tom Bihn will start to make the exterior/outside colors in these brighter colors, and not just use them for the insides. I am happy you filled the niche for people wanting smaller versions of comparable bags you already have. But I must be honest, you haven't come out with anything to replace the gapping hole left when you retired the Little Swift. Not everyone wants a backpack or messenger style bag.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    I can see why @bchaplin is asking though, the In Production Synapses are also lined with the new fabrics rather than Halcyon. I hope it's not going away Frown
    Yes, and I think the new productions are geared up for all the new fabrics because they are new -- I'm certainly hoping that Halcyon is not going away. Maybe Darcy can comment.

moriond

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast