Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For color swatches pop over to the shop bags in knew colors and materials thread. She posted multiple searches and comparisons!

https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...tml#post145160
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What bright colors!! The Stowaway is a really cool design. I'm signed up for when the Luminary is in stock! I think the padded straps will be great -- I've carried my full DLBP around all day while waiting for a flight and my shoulders were pretty sore the next day.

The Cubelet is so cute Smilie I recently ordered the Citizen Canine Side Pockets to use basically as 2 Cubelets but I haven't been able to commit and cut the waist strap off yet. I think the new, lighter ballistic will be awesome on such a little pouch.

The weight differences are interesting for the new fabric - some specs show it as heavier, some as lighter than cordura. I imagine it's due to the design of the bags?

SYNAPSE 19
    Weight:
    400d HalcyonŽ/420d nylon ripstop: 1 lb 7 oz / 650 grams
    525d Ballistic: 1 lb 11.7 oz / 785 grams
    1000d Cordura: 1 lb 8 oz / 695 grams

SMALL CAFE BAG
    Weights:
    1000d CorduraŽ: 12 oz / 335 grams
    525d HT Ballistic Nylon: 11.9 oz / 337 grams
    400d HalcyonŽ/420d nylon ripstop: 9 oz / 270 grams

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    That S19 in Cloud/Grass is singing my name! And I've had a hard time deciding between the Daylight Briefcase and the Pilot, so maybe the Stowaway will hit the sweet spot.

Are there samples of the Luminary and the Stowaway available at the factory store? I'm making a trip to Seattle son and would love to stop by!
    Yes, Darcy posted in another thread all of the bags can been seen in the shop as of today (but not purchased until the estimated dates given).
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I love the Stowaway! I'm not even in the market for a new bag as the Maker's Bag has been awesome, but geez...

Looking at specs between the Maker's Bag and Stowaway, anyone know if a 15" MBPro w/ Touchbar would fit in the Stowaway? It fits in the Maker's Bag, but I'd love some confirmation!
    Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DubbySmurf View Post
    Man, I love the Stowaway! I'm not even in the market for a new bag as the Maker's Bag has been awesome, but geez...

Looking at specs between the Maker's Bag and Stowaway, anyone know if a 15" MBPro w/ Touchbar would fit in the Stowaway? It fits in the Maker's Bag, but I'd love some confirmation!
    Hi DubbySmurf,

The 15" MacBook Pro with the Touchbar will not fit in the Stowaway. It will take a 13" MacBook Pro, but the 15" is a little too big.
    -m

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    My big question -- and sorry if I missed it, because I'm trying to take in everything before my lunchtime is up -- but is Halcyon as an interior and/or exterior fabric being retired and replaced by the new stuff, sticking around in some capacity, or perhaps you're playing it by ear?
    I was wondering this exact same thing. I like the new colors and all - but am holding out for a halcyon MCB. I am a little disappointed not to see one in production now.
    S19/Island, S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/NW Sky; GE S25/Coyote, GE S25/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA/Steel, SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Canyon, MCB/Wasabi, MCB/Canyon.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Hi DubbySmurf,

The 15" MacBook Pro with the Touchbar will not fit in the Stowaway. It will take a 13" MacBook Pro, but the 15" is a little too big.
    Well darn. I guess my wallet will be happy at least. Thank you!
    Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

By the seaside, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a use case for the Luminary (it's probably too small to be useful except as an occasional Ristretto/MCB substitute) but it's calling to me just the same. The Cubelets... are exerting an almost magnetic pull on me, as I use a couple of 3D Clear Organiser Cubes to corral chargers, cables etc in one and my asthma inhalers and spacer in another; I need to analyse precisely what might fit... the only downsides to the 3DCCs is that the urethane side panels are slightly 'sticky' and the hanging loops sometimes get in the way. Now where's the tape measure?
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny; I actually think the Medium Cafe Bag might be better in the new fabric than in Halcyon. A little more structured? Guess it depends what you are looking for though!

So if I needed a new Cafe Bag I would actually be tempted by the new stuff. But I hope -- in general -- that Halcyon isn't going anywhere. I particularly like it as an interior fabric, and for accessories, because some of the colors really appeal to me, and the diamond patterning adds a little bit of a 'zing', IMO.

However, also very tempted by the Cubelets...

Yikes, my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMcG View Post
    I was wondering this exact same thing. I like the new colors and all - but am holding out for a halcyon MCB. I am a little disappointed not to see one in production now.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gorgeous colors! Red lovers will be very happy, I suspect. As for me, I love the new purple (Alphaviolet, I think?) and the Viridian. A Luminary in those colorways is on my next to purchase list!

I need to take a good look at my First and Second Aid Pouches to see how the o-ring placement has changed. I'm hoping I'll be able to utilize some of the new pouchlets for them.

I'm also quite ecstatic for the Cubelet. I know I'll be able to use that one in many ways.

And as a wool gal, I am swooning for the new wool hat, but since I live in Florida, it won't likely purchase it. I'll show the cotton one to hubby and see what he thinks. He may want to grab it!

My oldest boy's birthday is coming up in a few weeks. He asked me to "bump" his list so that the Stowaway could take a prominent place. He loves the Olive/Canyon colorway.

This debut's a winner! Love it all!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise Denise View Post
    Does the Leaf Pouchkin fit in the old style first and second aid bags....enquiring minds want to know!
    Yes, @Denise Denise,
    The Leaf Pouchkins that hook into the elastic straps at the center divide of the First and Second Aid Pouches will fit into either the old or new style first and second aid pouches. The main difference between the old and new versions of the First and Second Aid Pouches is in the placement of two additional sets of O-rings on the side where the clear zippered pocket lies. That lets you hook in the Single Pouchkins and have easy access to them inside the First or Second Aid Pouch. In the original design of the First/Second Aid Pouch you only had the O-Rings inside the top of the zippered mesh pocket on the other side. You could still use the single pouchkins there, but they would be hanging inside the zippered mesh pocket.

The elastic design at the center has not changed (good for holding epi-pens, for example), so either old or new versions of the First/Second Aid Pouches can benefit from using a new Leaf Pouchkin in the center.

ETA: Sorry, didn't catch the wonderful @maverick reply with pictures earlier in this thread. But perhaps the description of the two additional O-rings in the new versions of the First/Second Aid Pouch will help. And, I fully think that the Single Pouchkins can/will be used in other accessories than the First/Second Aid Pouches (just like the Field Journal Notebook Pen/Pencil Insert have been usable as mini Freudian sliplets elsewhere).

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 06-27-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afdp8 View Post
    My wallet is safe but I am happy to see some new colors coming in. I really hope Tom Bihn will start to make the exterior/outside colors in these brighter colors, and not just use them for the insides. I am happy you filled the niche for people wanting smaller versions of comparable bags you already have. But I must be honest, you haven't come out with anything to replace the gapping hole left when you retired the Little Swift. Not everyone wants a backpack or messenger style bag.
    @afdp8,

I'm a big fan of the Little Swift, and the good thing is that the bag seems to last forever. I also restocked at the Encore appearance of the Little Swift. But, I am sad that folks new to Tom Bihn won't just be able to buy a Little Swift. (For that matter, there are a lot of older TB bags that I have and love -- can you say "Imago"?)

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! I have been trying unsuccessfully to buy a first aid kit but I keep missing them. Now I am glad since I can get the new version and all the pouches!

I also think a Mars Red cubelet would be a good travel FAK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I JUST bought an S25 (it shipped yesterday). I got it in black halcyon / UV with some matching UV accessories (3DOCs, yarn stuff sack).

Can someone please tell me that I should not return it and buy a black ballistic/viridian?? My reasons are: black/viridian isn't available yet and I want an S25 for my summer holidays in less than a month's time; there are no new ballistic 3DOCs or YSSs in viridian, and it is nearly half a pound heavier than the halcyon S25. On the other hand, viridian is sooo prettttyyyyyyy...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I JUST bought an S25 (it shipped yesterday). I got it in black halcyon / UV with some matching UV accessories (3DOCs, yarn stuff sack).

Can someone please tell me that I should not return it and buy a black ballistic/viridian?? My reasons are: black/viridian isn't available yet and I want an S25 for my summer holidays in less than a month's time; there are no new ballistic 3DOCs or YSSs in viridian, and it is nearly half a pound heavier than the halcyon S25. On the other hand, viridian is sooo prettttyyyyyyy...

Gotta do what's best for you... but I have a black halcyon / northwest sky S25 and it has served me well for the last year. I love the halcyon because it seems to be less of a hair and dust magnet (thanks cats... ), but I'll agree the new colors are pretty awesome.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast