Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Arizona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been debating about getting a few cublets and pouchkins because they are SO cute. But, I don't have the need for any more pouches except the small single pouchkins.

So, I just now purchased some that will come in so handy to put small blister packs of pepto-bismol and Imodium-D inside. I usually carry separated blister packs loosely in my purse and they fall to the bottom. So, now they will have their own pouch.

Just in time for my next trip to Nepal!Summer 2017 Debut!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
    Western Flyer (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Large Cafe Bag (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Parental Bag (used as a carryon), and Shop Bags (Org Halcyon, Iberian, Wasabi)

Forum Member
    Chicago, IL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I JUST bought an S25 (it shipped yesterday). I got it in black halcyon / UV with some matching UV accessories (3DOCs, yarn stuff sack).

Can someone please tell me that I should not return it and buy a black ballistic/viridian?? My reasons are: black/viridian isn't available yet and I want an S25 for my summer holidays in less than a month's time; there are no new ballistic 3DOCs or YSSs in viridian, and it is nearly half a pound heavier than the halcyon S25. On the other hand, viridian is sooo prettttyyyyyyy...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    When I finally purchase my S25, I'll be getting the same fabric combo you just ordered. I absolutely LOVE black halcyon with UV. And although the new fabrics look great and I love the new colors, I don't think they will replace my love for the halcyon fabric. I am very much looking forward to accessorizing with the new fabric colors though! And eventually a luminary might be in my future, but I've got way to much baby stuff to lug around these days for it to make sense for me now.

On another note, I wonder if there are plans to make the pouchkins in colors other than the red and blue? This seems to be a versatile accessory that could be used for more than just the first and second aid kits.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxValleyDame View Post
    When I finally purchase my S25, I'll be getting the same fabric combo you just ordered. I absolutely LOVE black halcyon with UV. And although the new fabrics look great and I love the new colors, I don't think they will replace my love for the halcyon fabric. I am very much looking forward to accessorizing with the new fabric colors though! And eventually a luminary might be in my future, but I've got way to much baby stuff to lug around these days for it to make sense for me now.

On another note, I wonder if there are plans to make the pouchkins in colors other than the red and blue? This seems to be a versatile accessory that could be used for more than just the first and second aid kits.
    Yeah I might have regretted buying the S25 if I could have gotten all the same accessories in Viridian. When I get my S25 and UV accessories I will post pics. I am very excited for it to arrive, because I am desperate for a "one bag" solution for park days out with my kids. My little running backpack cannot cope with 4 water bottles and two changes of clothes!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy, could the Crew make a video of the Yeoman Packing Cubes and take more pictures of them in relation to each other and Yeomans in different size?

They look terrific, but I am pretty confused about each Packing Cube size and capacity.

If you could get the same cast that played in the multi size Yeoman video, that would be a plus, that video was hilarious and we need more of that these days.
    I can see the family, coming up with all sorts of calibrating objects, for each Yeoman Packing Cubes.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleWax View Post
    I love the preppies for high-risk use, usually on the road...or to lend to others!
    Or for when clients reach across the desk, skipping the ballpoint peasant sticks meant for them, and they take your vanishing point (which was on the other side of the keyboard, completely out of reach) and ruin the nib, tell me it's not working, then reach for your TWSBI Mini.

It was a sad day when that happened.
    S19 Black Halcyon/Northwest Sky .... Maker's Bag Black Halcyon/Wasabi .... Side Effect Aubergine/Wasabi .... Med Cafe Bag Steel/Navy

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fae925 View Post
    Or for when clients reach across the desk, skipping the ballpoint peasant sticks meant for them, and they take your vanishing point (which was on the other side of the keyboard, completely out of reach) and ruin the nib, tell me it's not working, then reach for your TWSBI Mini.

"Ballpoint peasant sticks!!!" Smilie Heart Eyes

USA Midwest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this made me want to hide my pens from everyone.
    S19 + DLBP + DLBC + SCB + TT

“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
    --Douglas Adams

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not even that picky about pens, and this STILL made me cringe. WOW.

I have changed my mind yet again about the Luminary; instead of ordering Cloud/Cloud I think I will order Black/Cloud. . . . unless I decide to hold out for a second round of colors and hope for Black/Veridian or Black/Alphaviolet. Because that Black/Veridian S19 looks amazing and I'd love to have it as my Luminary!
    Rambling On. . . . .

By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry to have to say it, but had that happened to me it is likely that the client would at the very least have been invoiced for the replacement cost of the ruined pens. If it had been a particularly bad day otherwise, the hamfisted, uncultured vandal might not have made it out alive...
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oooh SOOO happy there's a purple fabric! I love the look of the Luminary, but if it won't carry my 13" macbook, then I can't use it. I hope there are plans to make a slightly bigger size!

Montana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very protective of my pens....and pencils too! When I was still working in an office, my boss would actually take my pen or pencil out of my hand as I was using it! Drove me crazy!!!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could enjoy the luxuries of a fountain pen. My left-handedness is a hindrance for such tools.

Back to my peasant sticks: Uni-Ball Signo Micro 307 & Parker Jotter.

In other news, my black Cordura S25 looking at me like, "Don't you dare trade me..." #bagstruggles
    Husband | Father | Creative | Photog | Subaru Pilot | Horologist | Foodie | Carryologist

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I keep pondering the debut items (and the bare state of my Paypal tree Stick Out Tongue), I am thinking a Cloud/Alphaviolet Luminary would be awesome! A nice counterpoint to all my black bags, and cool in the summers. Though I don't know if TB has any plans to use the 525 colors as interiors. I'd settle for a Cloud/UV. Wink

Also wondering if the Swifts will be offered in the new ballistic options?!! An Alpha/Cloud (different color on each side, and maybe a third interior color) Swift would be stunning! #goals
    Last edited by haraya; 06-29-2017 at 11:37 AM.

By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lizziejean3 View Post
    I'm very protective of my pens....and pencils too! When I was still working in an office, my boss would actually take my pen or pencil out of my hand as I was using it! Drove me crazy!!!
    Never had that happen, but a Java contractor once asked for a pen in a meeting before spotting my pen on the table in front of me. He picked it up - it was a near mint Parker '51' Demi, older than me, with an extra fine point - and (after he figured out how to get the cap off) looked at the front end in bemusement; pulled a very strange face and muttered "FAIL!" and came very close to throwing it back down on the desk before I managed to retrieve it... funnily enough, he never asked to borrow a pen again!

Returning to the topic of bags for a moment, I'm still very taken with the Luminary - especially with the info kindly provided by Darcy that it will hold a MacBook 12" - and may have to consider it carefully. The smallest backpack I've owned to date was a North Face 'megamouth' 19 litre pack (I don't know where they put the claimed 19 litres... a Synapse 19 seems to swallow twice as much stuff) but that was a number of years ago - and many pieces of kit (laptop, chargers, phone, etc) have shrunk considerably since then. My EDC related stuff will fit in an iPad Ristretto or a MCB these days, so maybe a 12 litre backpack for light days is doable now?

(Starting to wonder if my parapack Brain Bag might now be superfluous given that I rarely need to carry anywhere near that much any more... and haven't used it in... ages!)
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Here's a list of the laptops and tablets we've been able to fit in the Luminary:
    Surface Pro 3 and 4 (w/keyboard)
    11" MacBook Air
    12" MacBook
    10.5" iPad Pro
    12.9" iPad Pro
    I was kind of hoping that my 12" Macbook wouldn't fit in the Luminary, so I didn't end up adding yet another backpack to my collection *sigh* Smilie
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast