Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Summer 2017 Debut!

Here's what debuted today that's ready to order / ready to ship:

Cubelet
    Yeoman Duffel Packing Cubes
    Airplane Baseball Cap, Cotton or Wool
    Updated (O-ring placement was changed to accommodate the new Pouchkins) First/Second Aid Pouches with optional new First/Second Aid Pouchkins

Here's what debuted today that's In Production and will ship at a later date:

The Stowaway (Estimated Shipping Date: Early August)
    Stowaway Packing Cubes (Estimated Shipping Date: Early August)
    The Luminary (Late July)
    Synapse 19 in 525 / 210 HT ballistic nylon (Late August)
    Synapse 25 in 525 / 210 HT ballistic nylon (Mid-August)
    Shop Bag in 210 HT ballistic nylon (Early September)
    Small Cafe Bag in 525 / 210 HT ballistic nylon (Late July - Mid-August)
    Medium Cafe Bag in 525 / 210 HT ballistic nylon (Late July - Mid-August)

And last but not at all least... <b>two new fabrics in many new colors!</b>
    525d HT ballistic nylon
    210 HT ballistic nylon
    525 colors: Mars Red, Deep Blue, Black, Cloud, Alphaviolet, Olive
    210 colors: Viridian, Dawn, Canyon, Grass, Cloud, Black

This time around, there's just one blog post that's a recap of the debut -- in the coming weeks, we'll publish blog posts for each of the major debuts that share more about the design process.

New videos:
    First/Second Aid Pouch and Pouchkins
    Luminary Backpack
    Luminary Backpack Features
    Stowaway
    Stowaway Features
    Small and Medium Cafe Bag Features
    Guide's Pack Features

And in other news....

We've decided to retire the Large Cafe Bag. We won't be making another batch (the factory is very busy making other bags right now!) so the colors that are available now are the last colors that'll be available in the Large Cafe Bag. We'll continue to offer the Large Cafe Bag Freudian Slip for a little while longer just in case folks who already have a Large Cafe Bag decide they'd like to add a Freudian Slip.

The Small and Medium Cafe Bags in 525/210 ballistic nylon also feature another new material: a very strong and high quality yet supple and comfortable new shoulder strap webbing. It has a silky, luxurious feel, and is comfortable on bare shoulders. Going forward, all Small and Medium Cafe Bags (including those with Cordura or Halcyon exteriors) will use the new shoulder strap webbing. However, existing Small and Medium Cafe Bags in Cordura and Halcyon (those that are available for order on the website right now) do not feature the new webbing.
    Last edited by Darcy; 06-27-2017 at 10:27 AM.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Question! Will the stowaway be available in halcyon in august?

Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am SO SO SO HAPPY I held out on replacing my MCB. I loved my bright cordura bag, but not the fabric, and I couldn't be happier that it's going to be offered in ballistic!

Probably the most excited I've ever been on a debut day :-D
    kindness is contagious.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    And in other news....

We've decided to retire the Large Cafe Bag. We won't be making another batch (the factory is very busy making other bags right now!) so the colors that are available now are the last colors that'll be available in the Large Cafe Bag. We'll continue to offer the Large Cafe Bag Freudian Slip for a little while longer just in case folks who already have a Large Cafe Bag decide they'd like to add a Freudian Slip.
    Aargh! I know this is going to give some forum members a shock. It's not the size that I use, but plenty of people do…

moriond

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stowaway.... drool. I can't wait to watch the videos. Just had to drop in first to say well done!

Hooray for all the new colors!

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So excited! The Luminary looks like just exactly the small backpack I've been looking for to use as a camera/daypack on trips into the city and similar.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    So excited! The Luminary looks like just exactly the small backpack I've been looking for to use as a camera/daypack on trips into the city and similar.
    @Meglet,
    The Luminary (used to be Muse), is a great design for smaller people -- more comfortable for me than even the S19 and more streamlined. I'll see if I can load up some comparison pictures. (Hope someone else is starting that thread).

moriond

ETA: I also predict that @sturbridge will really like this bag. It's really tailored well for petite body builds.

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that new viridian ballistic color?? HHHHHHHHHHHNNNGGHHHHH

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    First Question! Will the stowaway be available in halcyon in august?
    Hi GrussGott,

I believe that the Stowaway will be offered in 525d / 210d Ballistic Nylon. The product page lists the color combinations in which it will be made available.
    -m

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Aargh! I know this is going to give some forum members a shock. It's not the size that I use, but plenty of people do…

moriond
    I own two and never use either. Too large for what I need most of the time. If I'm going into shoulder/sling bag mode I default to my MCB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy I'm going to beg beg beg you to make a cafe bag with Grass on the OUTSIDE!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by capncat View Post
    that new viridian ballistic color?? HHHHHHHHHHHNNNGGHHHHH
    Viridian is totally compatible with Azure … and you remember the Now that I've seen Azure in person... thread.

moriond

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My big question -- and sorry if I missed it, because I'm trying to take in everything before my lunchtime is up -- but is Halcyon as an interior and/or exterior fabric being retired and replaced by the new stuff, sticking around in some capacity, or perhaps you're playing it by ear?

Also, I assume the Pilots are going to be made in their existing fabrics (ballistic and Halcyon) for now?
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Viridian is totally compatible with Azure … and you remember the Now that I've seen Azure in person... thread.

moriond
    oh, most definitely, yes! that thread may have prompted the purchase of multiple azure items for my gaggle o' bags

Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Hi GrussGott,

I believe that the Stowaway will be offered in 525d / 210d Ballistic Nylon. The product page lists the color combinations in which it will be made available.
    Yup, but I'm hoping that Darcy responds with, "gee GG, now that you mention it, we really SHOULD be offering a convertible briefcase in halcyon ... great idea! Ok, the new plan is to add halcyon to the list of in production colors for August!"

At least that's how it all happened in my head.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast