Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Alabama
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too heavy if you don't over pack, I had roughly 15 lbs including bag weight. I think 10-12 would have been better. Keep in mind that had I traveled with a synapse 25 it would have been easier to do15 lbs for a mile walk or so but the osprey porter 30 was not designed very well with weight balancing. I may have not distributed the weight very well when I packed it also. I just definitely learned that all you need is 2 pants one short (to sleep in) 3 shirts a sweater and a raincoat and one COMFORTABLE pair of shoes was All i needed for forever amount of time and then you can always buy something if later on you need it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't make a decision - Aeronaut size and colour - please help!-tb-jpg

OK Folks,
    Two weeks later my bag came last night!

First thoughts:
    "OMG, it's so small! Will it be big enough??" (I think it will be)
    "Steel is GORGEOUS."
    "I cannot wait to try this baby out."
    "When oh when will the aether packing cubes be back in stock?" (next week apparently)
    "I need me some more accessories." (I probably don't, but I'm hopeless).

Anyways, thanks again for all your valuable input. I'm looking forward to playing with my new A30 and going on many, many fun adventures with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Katcalls, I registered for an account just to say that I am in almost exactly the same boat! I wasn't sure whether I needed the Aeronaut in 45 or 30. I waffled between Black and Steel, almost considered Verde, but I'm just not a bight colors person. (My husband on the other hand, will probably soon order an Aeronaut 30 in Navy/Iberian because it reminds him of Spiderman. To each his own!)

Now I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my new Aeronaut 30 in Steel / Wasabi. I found this thread because I'm playing the waiting game til my bag gets here. It was fun and validating to read this thread and see my own decision making process play out!

Cheers to many fun adventures!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi packnplay,

What a nice post to see! I have had a bit of time with the A30 and I have to say I'm more impressed than I thought I would be. It's obviously extremely well made and I'm so happy with the mute-but-ever-so-flashy-in-an-understated-way colour of steel ballistic. I'm very glad I chose it over the black. Steel is a very classy, classic colour.

I'm now just waiting for the A30 packing cubes to come back into stock. I'll order them and then give it it a good initial packing to see if it will fit my needs (even if it doesn't 100% I'm sure I'll keep it. It's that nice).

The waiting for the bag bit is terrible though. I wish your bag a speedy trip home to you.

BTW, I went a bit nuts (for me) on my first bag I bought from TB - a Side Kick in verde. Verde is super nice and I'm very happy with it on my SK, but I think having an A30 in verde would just be too much for my modest self.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using an A45 for over 2 years now. First I had a pilot as my second bag and now I have the WF as my second (purely for the carrying options... eg... backpack).

I always find my regular packing items don't fill up an A45. This leaves it a bit floppy. And to be honest with more than 7 kilos of weight in the bag it begins to get uncomfortable to carry really.

So I pulled the trigger on a halcyon A30. Figure it'll be just the right size for me. And a bit of spillover can go in the WF on my shoulder if required.

Will report back when I get it. Smilie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    I always find my regular packing items don't fill up an A45. This leaves it a bit floppy. And to be honest with more than 7 kilos of weight in the bag it begins to get uncomfortable to carry really.

So I pulled the trigger on a halcyon A30. Figure it'll be just the right size for me. And a bit of spillover can go in the WF on my shoulder if required.
    I find my A30 when fully packed comes to just under 7kg, which is quite enough for me. Also, in this part of the world, airlines tend to have a 7kg limit for carry-on bags which was another factor for me in deciding on an A30.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3