Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Prime Day fail.

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prime Day fail.

I bought a new large portable cellphone charger. I was so excited until I saw this:

It's too big for the small Qkit! And it weighs 13 ounces which is more than my Daylight Backpack! It's definitely too big/heavy to carry around on a daily basis. I'll probably keep it and use it for long distance travel but I'm a little sad.

Hope everyone else did better than me on Prime
    Day.

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have Prime, and I despise amazon.com.
    I'm also very annoyed at them because I ordered something last week (not on amazon) and it has apparently been delayed because amazon had to send out eleventy-million things for Prime day which clogged up the delivery channels like it was Christmas or something.
    Which frankly, just makes me dislike amazon.com even more.

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Prime mostly for the video content--since I got rid of cable in favor of a Roku about three years ago, I've definitely found it to be worth it.

Amazon did ping me that something from my wishlist was on sale for Prime Day: shoe repair glue (yah, I know, totally sad wishlist), so that is the only thing I ordered for myself. However, there was a good sale on mattresses, and my sister needed two twins for her guest room. Amazon would only let her order one, so I ordered one on her behalf. Neither's arrived yet, but I hope for better luck than you had with the power bank!
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only got useful or fun things that were already on my wishlist anyways (underwear and fairy lights, respectively).
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've really liked those chargers due to charge (amount and speed) and the multiple USB ports. I bought a second.

Consider returning it and buying the next step down, which I've highly recommended to friends. I really like having the big one because I'm very anxious about having battery charge, but you would do fine with the next step down as I have never hit 0% on the big charger and it's been a year. The candy bar versions don't hold enough juice for me (maybe things have changed?).
    Sidekick | Founder's Briefcase ■

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Anker 1300 and 26800.

The 1300 fits into pretty much (I keep it in the top, second smallest, slip pocket of my Freudian Slip) anything, the 26800 only fits into one spot in my Freudian Slip (and hangs out by several inches to catch on other stuff in the bag) for the Synapse 25.

I tend to carry the 1300 a lot more, because it fits everywhere, even though it has one less USB socket and charges slower to fill 1300 than the other does to fill 26800.

I'm kinda hoping that when I get my Side Kick in a few weeks it'll fit in there with my gaming stuff so I can use the big one, but the smaller one charges everything I own several times anyway, just slower and limited to two things at a time.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    I have Prime mostly for the video content--since I got rid of cable in favor of a Roku about three years ago, I've definitely found it to be worth it.

Amazon did ping me that something from my wishlist was on sale for Prime Day: shoe repair glue (yah, I know, totally sad wishlist), so that is the only thing I ordered for myself. However, there was a good sale on mattresses, and my sister needed two twins for her guest room. Amazon would only let her order one, so I ordered one on her behalf. Neither's arrived yet, but I hope for better luck than you had with the power bank!
    I take issue with Roku because they sold me an ad-free device in their early days and then pushed out a firmware update that displayed ads.

I regularly pay extra to avoid being harassed about buying things I have no interest in and having something I bought as an ad-free device start shoving them in my face made me rather upset with them.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julia View Post
    The candy bar versions don't hold enough juice for me (maybe things have changed?).
    This is my problem exactly.

I'm keeping the big one for conferences I just wish it were just a but smaller so it could fit in the small q-kit.