Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cloud colored Luminary

Am intrigued by the Cloud (exterior/interior) Luminary. Any one have thoughts/experience with resistance to dust/dirt/ etc.? The color seems so elegant, yet need to be practical. Thanks for the help.
    Janet

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Cloud/cloud is arriving on Wednesday and going on its first trip next weekend. I'll report back. For what its worth: I was also concerned based on the pictures of the Cloud/cloud luminary. I've since received swatches of the color, and its more of a medium gray than those pictures, and appears less likely to show dirt.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Curlyjbe,

I have had my Cloud Luminary for over a month now and I use it every day as my EDC. It has been on the floor of my car and many other floors around the city, and it has acquired 2 stains.

One was a dirt stain on the bottom, which I was able to get out with water.

The 2nd stain was a light brown oil stain that streaked down the front of the bag. I used rubbing alcohol on it and it came out just fine, can't even tell. So in that regard, I have had great luck with getting mine clean.

I love the Cloud color, it is so stunning and professional, and when I am wearing the Luminary, because of the light color, my back stays much cooler than if I were wearing a black backpack.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here with mine, I've been able to just wash off dirt with a washcloth and some soap.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the SE in Cloud and it seems impervious to dirt. Well, it's the color of the dirt where I live, so maybe I can't tell.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I have the SE in Cloud and it seems impervious to dirt. Well, it's the color of the dirt where I live, so maybe I can't tell.
    What sort of climate do you live in, to get that colour of dirt?

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BWeaves,

LOL!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    What sort of climate do you live in, to get that colour of dirt?
    Florida. Grey sand and cement dust.

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have any pictures of their Cloud bags in various lighting? I'm very drawn to the silvery Cloud/Grass Synapse shown on the site, but am disheartened by the "cement" and "industrial" descriptors i see popping up. I'm not a huge fan of Steel, and was hoping to see something like a Northwest Sky version of ballistic fabric.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    Does anyone have any pictures of their Cloud bags in various lighting? I'm very drawn to the silvery Cloud/Grass Synapse shown on the site, but am disheartened by the "cement" and "industrial" descriptors i see popping up. I'm not a huge fan of Steel, and was hoping to see something like a Northwest Sky version of ballistic fabric.
    I think it is very much like Northwest Sky. It is hard to photograph but I would say it is not lighter or darker than NWS. Here is a photo of 525 (left) and 210 samples of Cloud on top of a NWS shop bag.