Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Tom Bihn Business Model

I realize that the Production/Stock Issue thread has received a lot of views and discussion. So, I have a rather tongue in cheek thought. I think Tom Bihn has an almost perfect business model - because I almost always add one more thing every time I place an order. (Sure, I need another key strap since I am already ordering! ).. I bet a lot of the forum members do exactly the same thing.

(In fact, right now my cart has a few small things just waiting for the next time I place an order - despite the fact that I just placed a large order last week !).
    Last edited by RichardMcG; 07-23-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/Solar; GES25/Coyote, GES25/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA/Steel, SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Canyon, MCB/Wasabi, MCB/Canyon; LCB Steel/Navy

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a bunch of stuff in my online cart just to keep tabs on things I like that are in stock.

There's no way I'm checking out with all of it at once.

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well run businesses try not to get caught with excess inventories that get stale or hard to move without big discounts.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    I put small items in my Wish List and check it before completing each order. Time to update it, though, because I'm noticing a shortage of key straps all of a sudden. I've been reorganizing everything and apparently twenty key straps just aren't enough. Guess it's lucky that I know where to get more. elisa

South Pasadena Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Innovation

The company's business model reminds me a lot of Dell
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Forum Member
    North Queensland, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I actually have little idea what's on the curriculum at business school, I've often thought that the TB business model would make a fabulous case study.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom Bihn is a great example of how freedom and capitalism work in the U.S. The two are necessarily linked. Ideas and entrepreneurship blossom. Some fail, and many pick themselves up and start again. People with money to invest take risks. Creative destruction (Schumpeter) constantly renews and invigorates the economy. The TB story would indeed make a good B-school case.