Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?

I just received my Luminaries today and thought this fantabulous backpack could use a new thread that was specifically for what fits inside it, AND how IT fits inside other things, since it is such a new bag.

So this post answers a few of the questions out there and some of my own. See below:

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-img_5335-jpg
    I ORDERED THESE 3 BEAUTIES, BUT ONLY ONE WILL BE STICKING AROUND

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-fullsizerender-jpg
    SURPRISE, SURPRISE, I ACTUALLY LIKE THE CLOUD/CLOUD THE BEST! MY CUBELETS LIKE IT TOO!

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-img_5341-jpg
    THE SE FITS IN EITHER SIDE WHEN THE WATER BOTTLE ZIPPER IS ZIPPED

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-img_5340-jpg
    THE SE HANGING FROM THE O-RINGS AT THE TOP

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-img_5342-jpg
    THE ALL FABRIC 3DOC HANGING FROM THE O-RINGS, PROPPED ON THE ZIPPED WATER BOTTLE HOLDER

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-img_5343-jpg
    THE 3DOC HANGING DOWN WITH THE WATER BOTTLE HOLDER UNZIPPED

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-img_5336-jpg
    THE CUBELET HANGING, PROPPED IN THE ZIPPED WATER BOTTLE HOLDER. IT WILL HANG DOWN FARTHER IF UNZIPPED

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-img_5333-jpg
    THE LUMINARY PACKED EMPTY, INSIDE AN A30 (WOULD FIT EVEN BETTER IN THE A45)

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-img_5332-jpg
    THE LUMINARY ROLLED UP EMPTY AND STORED IN THE END POCKET OF THE A30

One more thing I tried was to fit a small shop bag in one of the outside side compartments. It did not even come close to fitting, those pockets are pretty small. and not a lot of depth to them. Perfect place for a phone, several pouchkins, glasses or snack bars.
    Last edited by anna2222; 07-25-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic pictures! What is your favorit colour?

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does a stuffed Side Kick fit in the bottom?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ilkyway,

My favorite color is Alphaviolet, but curiously when I was able to compare all three colors, the Cloud version struck me as very sleek and professional-looking, understated and yet almost industrial-looking, if that makes sense. It has a sheen to it (they all do) that I was not aware of until I had one in front of me, that just looks amazing in person.

Then I started weighing in on how all three colors would go with my wardrobe, and realized that the neutral color would blend better than the other two colors. Since I have a cubelet in Alphaviolet, made it easier to go Cloud.

The other thing I like about picking the Cloud color is that it won't get hot from absorbing heat like all my other black backpacks. For what I am going to use the Luminary for (city, sometimes in dressy clothing), that was important.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @brucep,

YES! A very stuffed halcyon SK will fit perfectly in the Luminary. However if you have a big water bottle in the front of the Luminary, it will show the outline of the water bottle, see photos.

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-fullsizerender-2-jpg
    LUMINARY WITH A FULLY STUFFED HALCYON SK INSIDE

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-fullsizerender-3-jpg
    SIDE VIEW, WITH SK & WATER BOTTLE

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-img_5349-jpg
    SIDE VIEW, WITH SK ONLY

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly the answer to this question is not my phone in the side pockets...or at least not well. I have an iPhone 6+ in a protective but not bulky case (not the thinnest ever but not even close to an otterbox). I really dislike having my phone in the main compartment in a backpack and was hoping to put it in one of the small pockets. Unfortunately, while it does just barely fit (some finagleing is required to get it in) I worry that it's so tight that it may damage the bag or zipper over time. Now I'm torn over keeping the Luminary (the straps are super comfy) or waiting and hoping that a larger version shows up at some point.
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharing a photo of what I keep in my Luminary.

I just recently purchased a Cloud/Viridian SE and that is my new FAVE color combination!

I already had some AZURE accessories that fit right in. The SE fits brilliantly inside the top of the Luminary too!

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-img_5590-jpg

WHAT FITS INSIDE THE LUMINARY?-img_5606-jpg

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are these sold out? I just went to the website after a long hiatus and see that they are in production but not available to order.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Barks,

They are sold out right now, and production time usually says 2-12 weeks before they become restocked. However, that does not mean that one won't become available when it is put back in inventory if someone returns it, doesn't hurt to check stock! Also, you can sign up for re-stock notices.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you return the two you didn't want?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I did, TB has a super easy return policy. For me, I needed to see the colors in person to decide and I was torn between those 3 colors.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say I never considered it, but the cloud/viridian combo is outstanding. I am surprised this is not offered in more styles.