Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    The Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    112
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Mars Red/Dawn Combo

    After receiving an MCB in the Mars Red/Dawn combo I have to say that it may be the best combination of colors available. It really looks sharp. I wish they would decide to do a few more bags in this combo before dawn disappears.
    S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/Solar; GES25/Coyote, GES25/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA/Steel, SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Canyon, MCB/Wasabi, MCB/Canyon; LCB Steel/Navy

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Share
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    224
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been wondering about Mars Red. Looks good on the website. Have not seen it for real.

  3. #3
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Share
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,379
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
    Been wondering about Mars Red. Looks good on the website. Have not seen it for real.
    @Go Navy,

    I'm not able to post a picture right now, but I really like this Mars Red/Dawn color combination in the Cafe Bag much more than I would have expected from the Product page pictures. It's a subtle bluish grey tone to the lining. This is the product page image:

    Mars Red/Dawn Combo-small-cafe-bag-mars-red-dawn-jpg

    I'll just append the quoted comments from mid-July (when most of us could not see this combination in person) in the TB Anticipation Syndrome thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    When I went to pick up my dawn shop bag, I had the opportunity to examine the mars/dawn MCB in person. After modeling it in the TB mirror and wishing I had matching ruby (mars) red slippers, I will confess, I just could not abandon that gorgeous MCB!
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @NWHikergal,

    Happy to hear this, because I ordered this Cafe Bag color combination. I really missed all the true red combinations, and we haven't had a red Ballistic Nylon option since Cardinal was retired in mid-2013, with one, very last batch of Aeronaut (45s) made with Cardinal in February 2014 that used up all the remaining stock (see my posted answers and pictures in the Aeronaut 45 in RED ? thread from 2015). So, I'm getting my fix while this is available. (And I think that's probably true of @maverick).

    moriond
    moriond

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Share
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    224
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Go Navy,

    I'm not able to post a picture right now, but I really like this Mars Red/Dawn color combination in the Cafe Bag much more than I would have expected from the Product page pictures. It's a subtle bluish grey tone to the lining. This is the product page image:

    Mars Red/Dawn Combo-small-cafe-bag-mars-red-dawn-jpg


    I'll just append the quoted comments from mid-July (when most of us could not see this combination in person) in the TB Anticipation Syndrome thread:




    moriond
    I really like that color! Darn. Getting harder to resist another buy.

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Share
    VA
    Posts
    855
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this combo too--AMAZING. Dawn is like denim with a bit of purple/grey mixed in. Great with the Red--and the TB patch looks great with the Red too!!

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    70
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care much for most red shades in fashion/consumer goods.

    It is hard to get an accurate rendering of Mars Red online - but when I saw it in real life... Yes!

    I now have this color combo in an SCB - and yes it is niiiiice... I also like it more than I anticipated (as others expressed). I even want it in more bags (sized in the Side Kick/SCB range/mini-small tote range), so that I can carry this color combo around more often.

    I also really like Dawn and am sad it is retiring. Actually, I wish it would come in 525d too, so that it would be the exterior color of various TB designs.

  7. #7
    Forum Member marbenais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    391
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    I don't care much for most red shades in fashion/consumer goods.

    It is hard to get an accurate rendering of Mars Red online - but when I saw it in real life... Yes!

    I now have this color combo in an SCB - and yes it is niiiiice... I also like it more than I anticipated (as others expressed). I even want it in more bags (sized in the Side Kick/SCB range/mini-small tote range), so that I can carry this color combo around more often.

    I also really like Dawn and am sad it is retiring. Actually, I wish it would come in 525d too, so that it would be the exterior color of various TB designs.
    My wish is that Dawn were a permanent color in the 525 and 210 ballistics. It is BEAUTIFUL.

    I love the Deep Blue / Dawn combination but I'm thinking I should contemplate getting a Cafe Bag in that Mars Red / Dawn combination, too.

  8. #8
    Forum Member Perseffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Share
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    863
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasnít that impressed with Mars Red originally as the pairing with Canyon wasnít really for me.

    When I spotted the Dawn combo I went for it with a SCB, Side Effect and Side Kick.

    It plays to my blue/grey preference. I think itís really nice.

    My rebellious side likes to have a bold colour matched with a calming (but not necessarily plain) colour.

    Steel/Island, Mars Red/Dawn, Navy/NWS really work for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •