Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GOOD NEWS! a 13" Macbook Pro DOES fit in a Luminary!

hey guys! I ordered the Luminary on a hunch, and i am happy to report that a 13" MacBook Pro *DOES* fit inside the Luminary! With room to spare! Oh, the caveat is, you have to unzip the divider inside.
    Here are a few pictures - one MacBook Pro inside a cache (the new model), and an old one just by itself. They fit in there just fine! And just for kicks, here's a picture of BOTH of them inside!

I had a little video to show how easy it is to get them in there (no struggling with corners or anything!) but looks like it doesn't accept video in here.
    Here's a video showing you can slide it right out, no hassle!
    https://youtu.be/lu6o2nBtUuo
    GOOD NEWS! a 13" Macbook Pro DOES fit in a Luminary!-img_2400-jpgGOOD NEWS! a 13" Macbook Pro DOES fit in a Luminary!-img_2399-jpgGOOD NEWS! a 13" Macbook Pro DOES fit in a Luminary!-img_2401-jpg
    Last edited by theredheadsaid; 09-12-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. That's good to know for when I might need to "borrow" my wife's Luminary. Thanks for sharing!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @theredheadsaid Thanks for the photos and spirit of helpfulness -- those are two of the things that make this Forum community great.

Your post inspired us to try fitting our 13" MacBook Pro in the Luminary once again, and I'm sad to say that we are sticking with our original conclusion that it is not a good fit. We don't recommend carrying a laptop as big as a 13" MBP in the Luminary.

While the corners of the 13" MBP (especially in a Cache or similar sleeve ~ because the Luminary does not have built-in protection for a laptop, we feel a protective sleeve would be essential) do not particularly place undue pressure on the zipper of the Luminary, those corners do push out the rounded top of the bag behind the zipper, distorting the gracefully tapered design of the Luminary. The Luminary was designed to accommodate an iPad or similarly sized tablet: if one chooses to squeeze in a laptop or for that matter any over-sized object for which the Luminary was not designed, one does so at their own risk (read: damage caused to the bag by said object is not covered by our lifetime guarantee on defects in materials or workmanship).

Hope this makes sense and all, and sorry to be a parade rainer!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)