Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is a lighter Empire Builder on the cards?

Among all the TB bags, I like the look and functionality of the EB the best. Unfortunately, for a sidesling bag weight is critical and that's just too much... Something in the range of the StowAway or Cadet's weight is better Smilie

Is this in the cards? Weight is the #1 reason I come to TB over the others...

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello @jelt2359,
    I'm also looking forward for a smaller and lighter, able to fit 13" Laptop, with great existing organization of Empire Builder. I called it Mini Empire Builder. Id been waiting for quite a while - can i say a year or more? Sadly, no news and no hint or whatsoever.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    I called it Mini Empire Builder.
    I call it a Cadet.

I hadnít realised it before I got a cadet (I previously owned a Zephyr) that they really are built in the same style:
    - Large open section
    - Padded in main compartment
    - Two handles and zip for wheeled bags
    - Front organiser pocket.

The only real difference is the cadet is a bit small and thin to justify the additional flap that the Zephyr or Empire Builder has. But other than that, it is already a smaller lighter empire builder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering that the Zephyr was exactly a Mini E.B. and that was discontinued I doubt that there will be another run of them really.

I wish there were one too,after carrying the Super Ego for years I recently found a used Ego and snagged it and it is a "Right Sized" bag for me for sure and I suspect I would prefer a Zephyr to my E.B. mostly for the same reasons?

On the other hand both the S.E. and E.B. were the reasons I have been with Bihn for so long!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh you're right! The Zephyr looks nice. Much nicer than the Cadet, looks wise.

I just wonder about the EB. It's so heavy! Are people really still buying it? These days many people I know are moving towards 13" MBA type laptops, I wish there was a spiritual successor to it. Heh.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ps I checked the Zephyr. Still too heavy and too big. I really want a 13", 525 ballistic version of the empire builder. If only...