Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is a lighter Empire Builder on the cards?

Among all the TB bags, I like the look and functionality of the EB the best. Unfortunately, for a sidesling bag weight is critical and that's just too much... Something in the range of the StowAway or Cadet's weight is better

Is this in the cards? Weight is the #1 reason I come to TB over the others...

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello @jelt2359,
    I'm also looking forward for a smaller and lighter, able to fit 13" Laptop, with great existing organization of Empire Builder. I called it Mini Empire Builder. Id been waiting for quite a while - can i say a year or more? Sadly, no news and no hint or whatsoever.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    I called it Mini Empire Builder.
    I call it a Cadet.

I hadnít realised it before I got a cadet (I previously owned a Zephyr) that they really are built in the same style:
    - Large open section
    - Padded in main compartment
    - Two handles and zip for wheeled bags
    - Front organiser pocket.

The only real difference is the cadet is a bit small and thin to justify the additional flap that the Zephyr or Empire Builder has. But other than that, it is already a smaller lighter empire builder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering that the Zephyr was exactly a Mini E.B. and that was discontinued I doubt that there will be another run of them really.

I wish there were one too,after carrying the Super Ego for years I recently found a used Ego and snagged it and it is a "Right Sized" bag for me for sure and I suspect I would prefer a Zephyr to my E.B. mostly for the same reasons?

On the other hand both the S.E. and E.B. were the reasons I have been with Bihn for so long!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh you're right! The Zephyr looks nice. Much nicer than the Cadet, looks wise.

I just wonder about the EB. It's so heavy! Are people really still buying it? These days many people I know are moving towards 13" MBA type laptops, I wish there was a spiritual successor to it. Heh.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ps I checked the Zephyr. Still too heavy and too big. I really want a 13", 525 ballistic version of the empire builder. If only...