Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brain bag in digital camo

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for making the Brain Bag in an ACU pattern. None of the bags I've ever seen in the digital camo pattern from other manufacturers come close to the quality and functionality of your products. It's great that you're making the Brain Bag in a pattern that we in the Army can use while at work or deployed. Thanks again.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings & welcome!
    As far as I know, Tom Bihn doesn't use camo patterned fabric. What bag do you use and can you post a picture of it?

ACU translates to Army Combat Uniform, in case anyone was wondering. elisa

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
    Greetings & welcome!
    As far as I know, Tom Bihn doesn't use camo patterned fabric. What bag do you use and can you post a picture of it?

They used to make the Brain Bag in an ACU pattern, but I think they stopped around 2014.
    Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
    Greetings & welcome!

Hi @AlaskaGirl,

At the start of 2010, Tom Bihn announced in their Newsletter that they would be making the Brain Bag in Universal Camouflage:

Quote Originally Posted by timarelay View Post
    Is it alright if I post this? The basic text in the newsletter:

TOM BIHN Universal Camouflage Brain Bag
    Universal Camouflage Brain Bag

One of the most popular TOM BIHN bags carried by military personnel is the Brain Bag backpack. (See our Customer Pictures From Around the World page for more.) To make life a little safer for these folks we're proud to introduce the Brain Bag in Universal Camouflage (pre-order in February, shipping by late March.) If you are a customer active in the military and you already own a Brain Bag that you'd like to replace with the Universal Camouflage version, please email us or call us at 1-800-729-9607 - we'll arrange to swap.
    You can see a picture of the Brain Bag in a box in the July 3, 2012 blog post titled Free shipping to APO addresses where they reiterated their offer to replace non-Camouflage versions of the Brain Bag that were already owned by active military personnel with a Camouflage version. I'm embedding the picture that appeared with the blog post.

Brain bag in digital camo-aposhipping1-jpg

HTH

moriond

Washington, D.C.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a shout out to TB for Thanks for continuing to make the Brain Bag! My husband is AD Army and he LOVES the BB for his daily commute and travel. Will you all be using the new ACU fabric? He was interested in ordering one for deployment in the ACU fabric.

Forum Member
    Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black and white multi-cam Bihn bags would rule. I'd buy a TS, Pilot, and S25 in Black multi-cam today.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I had no idea. Thank you for sharing the photo! elisa

USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Former Swatch Enthusiast

For the completionists…
    Attached Images Attached Images Brain bag in digital camo-camo-png 

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DubbySmurf View Post
    They used to make the Brain Bag in an ACU pattern, but I think they stopped around 2014.
    I think that they last sold the Brain Bag in Universal Camouflage around July or early August of 2014. There are lots of pictures of the Brain Bag in Universal Camouflage on the EDC forums, but here's one of a new Brain Bag that was posted by by @WMW40 in the Your Photos Are Needed thread (post #161 dated 7-03-2014):

Quote Originally Posted by flaneuse View Post
    Just a shout out to TB for Thanks for continuing to make the Brain Bag! My husband is AD Army and he LOVES the BB for his daily commute and travel. Will you all be using the new ACU fabric? He was interested in ordering one for deployment in the ACU fabric.
    Since the ACU fabric changed in 2015, roughly a year after the last Brain Bags in Universal Camouflage were available for sale on the Tom Bihn site, I don't think there were any plans for ordering a new ACU pattern in Cordura. And they never had other camouflage variant patterns (e.g., digital desert or digital woodland) for the Brain Bag.

They did, however, post this July 20, 2015 blog entry about A Watercolor Camouflage Cafe Bag.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love that bag