Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    London, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S25 or A30 for 2 night business trip

Hey all.

Off on a business trip soon and having a moment of indecision. It is 3 days away but 2 days of clothing to pack. Standard work clothes (no suit), laptop (in a sleeve), toiletries, iPad and kindle etc.

Any thoughts on what would be better? Thinking S25 would be more business like as my 1 bag for meetings but keen to get peopleís thoughts.....

TiA

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think the S25 would be fine if you are not packing a suit. I know this trip is soon so the following suggestion probably isn't possible this time around, but I wonder if a Daylight Briefcase inside a S25 would be a good combo, so you can leave the bigger bag at the hotel and just take out the DLBC to have your laptop and other meetingy stuff at the meeting. Of course you might need to carry more than that with you to your meeting, but it's a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say, go with the Synapse 25. I assume you will unload your clothes and then use the bag for meetings. Particularly if it is black or some nondescript color, it should fit right in. And it will be so easy to carry on your trip.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robw View Post
    Hey all.

Off on a business trip soon and having a moment of indecision. It is 3 days away but 2 days of clothing to pack. Standard work clothes (no suit), laptop (in a sleeve), toiletries, iPad and kindle etc.

Any thoughts on what would be better? Thinking S25 would be more business like as my 1 bag for meetings but keen to get peopleís thoughts.....

TiA
    I'd agree with @bchaplin but add a second option of going with a WF and a pilot. The pilot makes a great in-flight bag and briefcase for business meetings and the WF is so small but well designed that it easily gets you from 1-5 days. My normal setup is WF, Pilot, and then if I need the space for suits or 3+ days I put the pilot in the bottom of my S25 and the S25 becomes my combo in-flight and overflow bag.

For what it's worth, for me, the one bag thing isn't compelling as I like having an in-flight bag with all of my goodies and the WF is so small that I've never had trouble fitting it in the overhead even on full flights when I'm the last boarding.
    Last edited by GrussGott; 10-10-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Orange County, CA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robw View Post
    Hey all.

Off on a business trip soon ... 2 days of clothing to pack. Standard work clothes (no suit), laptop (in a sleeve), toiletries, iPad and kindle etc.

TiA
    The Pilot is perfect for your packing list. It's packing cube can hold several days worth of clothing. If you don't have a Pilot then I'd suggest the S25. The A30 is a great bag but is designed more for longer trips IMHO.
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    ďNot all those who wander are lost.Ē - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although volume wise the S25 can work Iíve found it hard to pack clothes efficiently into the teardrop shape. For that reason it gets narrow and fat (deep) so sticks out a lot from my back. Because of this Iíll always use a Western Flyer instead which I find easier to pack (due to it boxy nature).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    London, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the advice. I ended up using the a30 in the end. The main reason was because I decided to take a spare pair of shoes which fit into the end pocket. The s25 could fit everything but it Perseffeft said it was really bulgy when packed and I feared with European airlines it might be trouble. The a30 just looked nicer.

I could definitely do with a Dlbp for between the airports when staying over. Also really debating a wc or ts - probably ts as larger. But hey thatís another day!

Thanks all for advice. The teardrop nature and bulgyness of the s25 didnít cut it for this trip. Others would have been fine though.