Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry a small 11 inch laptop, and will probably switch to a full time Ipad with keyboard soon. My job does not require me to have much computing power at home, just the occasional access to emails, and spreadsheets. I like a smaller laptop because it feels less bulky and lighter when packed.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This photo might also help. It's post #1056 (2-10-2016) from the middle of the Your Photos Are Needed thread, and shows @maverick (5'8" tall) wearing a S25, and standing next to a young lady wearing a S19 in Union Station.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    This totally made my morning! I met a most awesome young lady at Union Station in Washington, DC! She was carrying a Synapse 19, and I had my Synapse 25!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vegeta View Post
    The 19 is also personal item sized for airlines.
    I’ve carried my S25 as a personal item just fine on the big airlines in the US. It fits fine under the seat in front of me. While sometimes my Aeronaut 45 is questioned in terms of size, they’ve never had issues with my S25 as a personal item

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^samesame, even on the tiniest of regional jets

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. This is tougher than it sounds. I'm probably just over thinking it. Since I shouldn't have any issues with straps, I should probably just get the one I would prefer; which would be the 19. The only reason I would choose the 25 over the 19 is if the straps would ve too narrow for me with the 19.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am almost exactly your size and the current strap placement on the S19 fits me well. I prefer smaller bags so I stick with the S19 as the S25 just seems big on me. However, Tom Bihn bags do tend to look and function better when they aren't overpacked so if you are going to use the S19 for one bag travel then you will have to be a pretty dedicated minimal packer.
    WF (BH/IH), A30 (BH/IH), S19 (BH/NWSH), Pilot (BH/NWSH), DLBC (Cocoa/Steel), 2x DLBP (BD/SD, Coyote/Steel), 2x PCSB (SD, BH), LTT (SD), STT (IH), LSB (NH), 2x SSB (IH, BB), SE (NH/NWSH), PP (NWSH), PTP, plus many assorted Packing Cubes, Cubelets, OP, DOP, COW, key straps, clips and other misc goodies.

“Not all those who wander are lost.” - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the S19 and at 6'2 with 22 inch shoulders it is perfectly comfortable on me. It sits a little lower on the back than the S25 so the straps can widen out.
    I considered getting the S25 but am much happier with the S19 as I am quite a minimalist packer. Even travelling for several weeks at a time the S19 is only ever 2/3 full so I don't suffer from 'turtle shell' and the S25 would just be too much bag for me.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty minimal. I am just fine with a few different shirts, a pair of jeans, and one pair of shorts every day out of the year. If I was to bring dress clothes, I have an eagle creek packing folder that I can pack an entire suit into along with two separate dress shirts. It's maybe 3.5 inches thick when stuffed. So that, and a small packing cube is all I would bring even on the longest of trips.

The thing about the S19 though is that it functions totally fine as a day bag. I get the feeling, from different pictures, that the 25 looks a tad too big for a day bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own both bags and the strongest deciding factor for me whether I want to take the 25 over the 19 is if I need to carry a laptop. My 15" Macbook Pro will fit just barely in my S19 but it makes packing anything else pretty tough in the main compartment.

The S25 has more than enough room with a Macbook Pro inside. But I honestly prefer to carry the S19 daily, it just feels like the right size for a day bag.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2