Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEW CLIP ON SIDEKICK SHOULDER STRAP

I just received a new Sidekick in Black/NWS and noticed that the clip on the shoulder strap is new! Love it, can now clip my keys to it. It also shows up in some of the photos on the website.

I wonder if there is some other use for it that TB was thinking in the re-design?

NEW CLIP ON SIDEKICK SHOULDER STRAP-new-clip-2-jpg

NEW CLIP ON SIDEKICK SHOULDER STRAP-new-clip-3-jpg

NEW CLIP ON SIDEKICK SHOULDER STRAP-new-clip-1-jpg

Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so you mean instead of the one in this pic? I'm not seeing the benefit ... why couldn't you clip keys to both?

NEW CLIP ON SIDEKICK SHOULDER STRAP-side-kick-detail-3_1024x1024-jpg

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh! I like that. I do clip my keys to the moving side of the older -style clip, but I would prefer to clip to the solid side. I also use the clip to attach my SK to my universal stroller clips. Looking forward to my new SK arriving even more now! NEW CLIP ON SIDEKICK SHOULDER STRAP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @anna2222, thanks for pointing this out! I really enjoy your posts and the excellent photos.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    The new clip is also smaller than before. My Black/Island Side Kick from December 2016 and the One Inch Shoulder Strap from Sept/Oct 2017 have the larger clip. The Aubergine Side Kick that I just returned and the Nordic Side Kick from October 2017 both have the new smaller clip. My preference on this strap is for the smaller clip.

@anna2222 thank you for sharing this! elisa

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know TB had some supply problems with some of the bits they don't make themselves (stuff like buckles and clips); I wonder if this prompted the change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @GRussGott,

On my old SK with the old clip, there was very little room to clip the small carabiner on and off, as it had to share the space with the anchor point. It often got stuck due to lack of room for the carabiner to float around with the anchor point. I no longer have an old clip, so I am simulating it in the first picture below.

NEW CLIP ON SIDEKICK SHOULDER STRAP-img_6592-jpg
    No room to open the carabiner up, often would get stuck on the anchor point or the clip itself when I would try to open it to remove my keys

NEW CLIP ON SIDEKICK SHOULDER STRAP-img_6593-jpg
    Attaching carabiner of my key ring through the backside opening, lots more room to maneuver the carabiner both for removing and attaching my keys. Faster, almost effortless