Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Cubelet

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    You can search for "tiny crochet animals" on Etsy. I've heard that the tiniest, which are the most challenging to make, are actually more expensive than the small ones. i.e., fingertip size vs. palm-sized. Please don't clean out Etsy before I have a chance to do my Christmas shopping, y'all. Smilie
    Those are amazing! I had no idea I needed these! Travel Cubelet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh. That is a fantastic idea. I bought a couple for family members, and I think I'll do the same.

(I also bought two for me - Alphaviolet and Viridian. I need 'em bright so that I can see them inside other bags! The fun part is that I then went back and bought some key straps because I always need more key straps, and then another Travel Cubelet as a gift. I was totally willing to pay the $10 shipping for the second order, but I got a "refund notification" that told me that Tom Bihn packed both of my orders together and refunded me the second shipping charge! Pretty awesome!)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like grass green sold out this morning... everything gone in ~24hrs... good thing they already have another production run scheduled!

New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine arrived today and it’s sooooo cute! And I have say again how much I love it when USPS shipping is an option. Ordered Friday and delivered in NY on Sunday. If this was UPS I wouldn’t have seen it until Friday. I know USPS isn’t a workable option all the time but it’s such a treat when it is ��
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Mine arrived today and itís sooooo cute! And I have say again how much I love it when USPS shipping is an option. Ordered Friday and delivered in NY on Sunday. If this was UPS I wouldnít have seen it until Friday. I know USPS isnít a workable option all the time but itís such a treat when it is ��
    Oh, that is so cool you've already received your Travel Cubelet. Did you only order the TC or was that part of a bigger order? Apparently I haven't been paying attention that USPS is now an option. I was in such a hurry/panic to get my order in before the TCs got kicked out of my cart, I didn't look at the shipping options very carefully. Thanks for reminding me to look next time.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Oh, that is so cool you've already received your Travel Cubelet. Did you only order the TC or was that part of a bigger order? Apparently I haven't been paying attention that USPS is now an option. I was in such a hurry/panic to get my order in before the TCs got kicked out of my cart, I didn't look at the shipping options very carefully. Thanks for reminding me to look next time.
    I only ordered the one TC so it fit the size/value limits for USPS. In order to ship USPS the package must be tiny (padded envelope size) and under a certain dollar value. It usually only works when I order pouches or one small item like this.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only ordered the one TC so it fit the size/value limits for USPS. In order to ship USPS the package must be tiny (padded envelope size) and under a certain dollar value. It usually only works when I order pouches or one small item like this.
    Thank you. That's great to know. That's an excellent option when contemplating a small order. Awesome you were able to get it on a Sunday. Hope you love your little Travel Cubelet.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    I think large orders are still just UPS. I ordered only the TC and itís arriving tomorrow here on the east coast via USPS.

Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jess what color did you get?

Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I ordered mine I was away from home, used my phone and I did not see a USPS option.

When I got home I tried it on my computer and it was there.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine arrived today and itís sooooo cute! And I have say again how much I love it when USPS shipping is an option. Ordered Friday and delivered in NY on Sunday. If this was UPS I wouldnít have seen it until Friday. I know USPS isnít a workable option all the time but itís such a treat when it is ��
    Iím so used to everything going UPS forgot about USPS on small orders. I got the pop up for stored credit card I didnít think to look if presented with a shipping choice. Yes, mine arrive, sigh, Friday.
    Last edited by tebnewyork; 10-30-2017 at 03:16 AM.

New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @jess what color did you get?

Viridian—it’s so pretty!

New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    I’m so used to everything going UPS forgot about USPS on small orders. I got the pop up for stored credit card I didn’t think to look if presented with a shipping choice. Yes, mine arrive, sigh, Friday.
    Doh! That stinks Frown

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Days like today I really hate being at the end of the UPS route, but my Travel Cubelets are finally here! I was a bit hesitant about the NorthWest sky as exterior, but I really like it. And of course I love Veridian. I'm not sure if I'm going to add zipper pulls or not (depends on how much noise they make) but both TCs are all keystrapped up and ready to go.

I am going to use them this week with the default shoulder strap, but I'm nearly positive I'll be switching to the 1" shoulder strap. Between the weight of my wallet, keys and phone, the 1" strap will dig into my shoulder less sharply, plus in an empty-weight test the larger strap makes the TC hang better (as in, it hangs level instead of tipping itself forward.) Considering how many time my Side Effect has dumped my keys from that same tip. . . I'll definitely be working on getting over that! The larger strap is almost but not quite too bulky on the TC, and I think in actual use it will look fine.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Michigan, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to USPS (and TB, of course!) my TC arrived four days earlier than my usual TB packages. This also means I get to use it this week for - gasp - travel! I havenít been on a plane in a couple of years, and I love air travel, so Iím geeked to have this new gem to carry on.

I did a quick test pack and I think itís going to be perfect. I love the bright pop of color (my photography skills donít do it justice) and that is has just enough organization.

Once I get home from my trip, I can see this becoming my regular weekend bag, just throwing in keys, wallet, and phone.

kindness is contagious.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast