Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Cubelet

jordihz
    this thread is so useful. thanks

Forum Member
    Columbus, OH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My TCs are sitting at the UPS station in Columbus since 6:30 a.m. but not scheduled to be delivered to me until tomorrow by end of day. That makes me sad. Smirk
    "Here's my life. I have to mine it, farm it, trade it, tenant it, and when the lease is up, it cannot be renewed."
    --Jeanette Winterson

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    For today, how about Medium Cafe and Small Cafe? Big Grin

Medium Cafe Bag with a Mars Red Travel Cubelet.
    Attachment 19178

Small Cafe Bag with a Grass Travel Cubelet (is it just me or do Alphaviolet and Grass go great together?)
    Attachment 19179
    Darcy, what is the interior color of the SBC?

Forum Member
    Austin US
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @backpack oh I'd like to know too. I wish it were Dawn but more likely it's Cloud.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hereís a quick peek at my new Travel Cubelets. I love how lightweight they are. I havenít had time to transfer my EDC things from my Side Effect into one of them, but my initial impression is itís a great size and I do like the vertical orientation. My only concern is the carbon aether fabric makes it a little dark inside the small space, but I think that canít be helped. Then again, it just might be my bad eyesight. I look forward to trying out the Travel Cubelets as a bag within a bag and also by itself when I am wanting to go minimal. Overall, I think itís a great design.

Travel Cubelet-travel-cubelets-jpg

I havenít had time to play with the TCs, but I thought I might use one for a lower modular pocket on my original Nordic Smart Alec since I havenít been able to get a matching LMP. The double carabiners arenít the best way to attach it; they were just handy. I will look for a better way to attach it when I get some time.

Travel Cubelet-sa-tc-jpg
    Last edited by MatthewR; 11-02-2017 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Reoriented photos. :)
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post

I havenít had time to play with the TCs, but I thought I might use one for a lower modular pocket on my original Nordic Smart Alec since I havenít been able to get a matching LMP. The double carabiners arenít the best way to attach it; they were just handy. I will look for a better way to attach it when I get some time.

Travel Cubelet-sa-tc-jpg
    ...aaand now I need to go get some to put in my S25 Wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fredletsTravels.com

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My order arrived today and I love the TC! Itís like the SE and SCB bag had a baby. I have loved both, but they werenít perfect. The TC is perfect! I love the zippers, pockets, and horizontal orientation. Hereís my new family. Sorry for the bad lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs more O-rings!!! Seriously, only one O-ring in the main compartment?

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Needs more O-rings!!! Seriously, only one O-ring in the main compartment?
    I can (mostly) live with just one O-ring in the main compartment, but it would be really nice if that O-ring wasn't above the internal pocket that is the best place for my iPhone. Because now my keystraps are forever tying down my iPhone and it becomes a fight to get the thing out every time.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arghhh! I got an alert that my TB box was delivered while I was still on my way home. Fortunately, someone brought it inside rather than leaving it to be pillaged by the drive-by package pirates.

Inside, my Dawn and Black Travel Cubelets! The Dawn is a keeper, but you know what would have improved the black one? If it was blue... I really, really like Deep Blue.

Travel Cubelet-tcs-jpg

As others have noted, it is a bit dark inside the Travel Cubelet. Put a light in it!

Travel Cubelet-tc-light-jpg

What does it fit? I transferred all the contents of my current Side Effect: Four Sevens mini flashlight, lip balm and hand sanitizer (in the internal pocket); wallet, small notebook, two pouches, cash, and phone. I added a pen, which the Side Effect doesn't have a dedicated space for, and a pocket pouch with my train pass in the front slanted pocket. It still wasn't full! I'll have to think about how to more effectively utilize the vertical space.

Compared to the Side Kick and even the Side Effect, the TC fits better inside a lot of the larger bags I happen to have. It goes particularly well in the side pocket of the Night Flight Travel Duffel, as well as the Luminary.

Travel Cubelet-inside_luminary-jpg

My other mini-bags aren't being booted out the door though. I can see each one being useful in various circumstances. (And besides, they are Deep Blue.)

--Beth
    Last edited by bchaplin; 11-03-2017 at 05:36 PM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beth, I really like your idea of putting in a mini flashlight inside to see better. I am going to try that. Then things won't get lost. I don't have that problem with the Side Effect since obviously the orientation is different and it's easier to find stuff, but I am liking the Travel Cubelet a lot.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Washington DC-ish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    I can (mostly) live with just one O-ring in the main compartment, but it would be really nice if that O-ring wasn't above the internal pocket that is the best place for my iPhone. Because now my keystraps are forever tying down my iPhone and it becomes a fight to get the thing out every time.
    I completely agree with Meglet about the O-ring placement in the main compartment. I would prefer it to be over the pen pocket than over the phone pocket.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    I completely agree with Meglet about the O-ring placement in the main compartment. I would prefer it to be over the pen pocket than over the phone pocket.
    I can see the reasoning behind putting it above the pocket, thinking people would drop their attached keys into said pocket. But I'd much prefer to have that O-ring, or at least a second one, on the non-pocket side.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there has to be only one O-ring, I wish it was on the side opposite the internal pocket's too. It's in the way over the "phone" pocket.

Also, I wish the internal fabric was wasabi or any bright color. Black is just too dark. Also, I wish the internal fabric was one of the 210 ballistic colors, as it would give more structure to the bag. I found the bag sort of collapses in the lightweight fabrics, and doesn't hold any shape.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not seen the Travel Cubelets in person yet, so thank you everyone for the impressions. Smilie It would be interesting to see an interior option with violet or wasabi aether to brighten things up.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast