Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Cubelet

Forum Member
    Virginia
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, @bchaplin et al for all the helpful TC observations! I picked up a black one yesterday, and I am pleasantly surprised how malleable the fabric is rather than feeling stiff. Really looking forward to using this versatile mini.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Travel Cubelet is keeping order in my SCB, it will also be used by itself to carry phone and keys.

My phone, older and of reasonable size, fit in a Small Organizer Pouch to which my keys are affixed when I do a really short walk or a "oops, I forgot to buy" right after getting out of the grocery store, pharmacy or Costco.

Well... I was sitting at the bookstore, checking my phone, when the keys escaped from the Double Carabiner that links the Pouch to the Simple Strap to the phone pouch, luckily I saw it gleaming on top of the dark carpet. I place the key inside the SCB, where it belongs.

Now, the Travel Cubelet will play Mini Cafe Bag on mini tasks and there is also space for a chocolate candy bar or 2.
    Last edited by backpack; 11-21-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Forum Member Alice in Wanderlust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My travel cubelet went to the park the other day. It was perfect size for a lovely walk. Travel Cubelet-img_0375a-jpgTravel Cubelet-img_0376a-jpg

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Today was my first day using my TC in Dawn as my main bag (vs using my SCB). I took it with me to an arts and crafts fair in Tarpon Springs, Florida.

It holds quite a bit: a wallet, phone, keys, a mini Q-kit, and sunglasses (I can even squeeze my Kindle in there):

Travel Cubelet-c67b328e-dc6d-4f2e-8fe9-c2bc326a1b94-jpeg

I love the Dawn color, which looks very periwinkle in sunlight but more gray-blue in the shade:

Travel Cubelet-b436aca9-4fd8-414a-9949-430637acd45d-jpeg

Itís a great size when I need more than what I can stuff in my pockets (or when I donít have any pockets) but the SCB is a bit too much.

Travel Cubelet-8589b8b6-2e8a-4be3-bfd7-d99d1383f07f-jpeg

Iím very happy with it!

Smilie
    Last edited by chaimonkey; 11-25-2017 at 01:06 PM.
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Luminary 15 in Nebulous Gray/Island

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Wanderlust View Post
    My travel cubelet went to the park the other day. It was perfect size for a lovely walk. Travel Cubelet-img_0375a-jpgTravel Cubelet-img_0376a-jpg
    That's the best photo of what Mars Red actually looks like in person, that I've seen so far. Thank you. Kat just sent me swatches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be absolutely perfect in the Halcyon 400D black!!!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I consolidated stuff from a couple smaller other pouches/containers and now have stamps, return address labels, pen, pencil, marker, two checkbooks (who uses those anymore, right!?), a small notebook, and misc. receipts in my Dawn Travel Cubelet, tucked inside my S19.

The strap is rolled & stowed in the TC's front pocket.

There is room to spare in the TC, but it corrals all this weird stuff as an Office-In-A-Pouch and way smaller than a FS...and I can easily transfer it to another bag if needed.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm in love. I originally ordered the TC in Viridian and Dawn. LOVED the colors, but the fabric was too thin to hold its shape when I loaded it up with my keys and wallet and phone. So I sold them. I just received the TC in Mars Red. Wow. I love the heavier fabric. The bag holds its shape better. I'm just not a floppy bag person. I like the bag itself to have some structure. And the color. I was afraid red wouldn't go with my wardrobe, but it's a beautiful NEUTRAL. It really is.

Michigan, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I think I'm in love. I originally ordered the TC in Viridian and Dawn. LOVED the colors, but the fabric was too thin to hold its shape when I loaded it up with my keys and wallet and phone. So I sold them. I just received the TC in Mars Red. Wow. I love the heavier fabric. The bag holds its shape better. I'm just not a floppy bag person. I like the bag itself to have some structure. And the color. I was afraid red wouldn't go with my wardrobe, but it's a beautiful NEUTRAL. It really is.
    This is exactly how I feel about my grass TC. I need to find it a new home so I can justify getting a new TC in 525.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just added two more O-rings to my new TC. I put them on either side of the back panel next to where the zipper ends instead of at the top of the bag, that way whatever I attach doesn't distort the top of the bag. Now my phone can easily slip into that interior pocket and my keys attach to one new O-ring and my organizer pouch / wallet attaches to the other new O-ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Wanderlust View Post
    That just make me want to click add to cart.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The Travel Cubelet is keeping order in my SCB [...]
    This is brilliant!

Decided to give it a try, and I like how it helps manage the space inside my SCB without taking up as much room as the FS.

Travel Cubelet-69694633-1973-4881-a71c-c74b32573e42-jpeg
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Luminary 15 in Nebulous Gray/Island

Forum Member
    Arkansas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I just added two more O-rings to my new TC. I put them on either side of the back panel next to where the zipper ends instead of at the top of the bag, that way whatever I attach doesn't distort the top of the bag. Now my phone can easily slip into that interior pocket and my keys attach to one new O-ring and my organizer pouch / wallet attaches to the other new O-ring.
    Photos please. I like my TC, but NEED more o-rings.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3/4 inch o-rings and 1/2 inch twill tape from Jo-anns. Plus some Steam-a-Seam-2 (glue in tape form) to glue the twill tape together. Then sewn through the inside binding of the seams.

Travel Cubelet-img_4015-jpg

Travel Cubelet-img_4016-jpg

Travel Cubelet-img_4017-jpg

Travel Cubelet-img_4018-jpg

Houston, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One day I will use the TC as and actual Travel handbag, but for my next trip it has found a comfortable home as my charge cord carrier - just the right size for all my cords and a small outlet brick. Hmm. Does that mean I need 2? Still in love with my SE.
    ďOrder and simplification are the first steps towards mastery of a subjectĒ ― Thomas Mann

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast