Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Cubelet

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my Travel Cubelet with my Jottbook, which has the same height and width as the Leuchtturm Bullet Journal. So, not a great fit!

Travel Cubelet-tc_a5_1-jpg

Travel Cubelet-tc_a5_2-jpg

But the Side Kick, of course, is great for these journals. Another option is to put the TC inside of a Small Cafe Bag, which is sized for the notebook, plus of course has a lot of extra pockets. The SK seems more like the kind of bag you'd want to bring into a meeting, though.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been answered, but it’s very late and I’m very sleepy yet I have one question I just need to ask before I can finally sleep.

At work, I find myself shlepping a Leuchturnn (sp?) bullet journal, pen/pencil, and phone to meetings along with an always necessary laptop and coffee/water. As you can imagine, my hands get quite full, especially since I have to use a badge to swipe in at various entrances. It’s getting to be a lot to carry, but since all elements are necessary (I am an analog girl when it comes to taking notes and recording appointments, laptops are a work necessity, and phones/coffee/water are a life necessity), paring down isn’t a long-lasting option.

So, since I like the look and the vertical orientation of the Travel Cubelet as well as its minimal aesthetic, I was wondering, would the bullet journal fit inside a Travel Cubelet, or would it be too snug?

For instance, I know it fits in my Sidekick, but that has more pockets/compartments than I need, and it’s horizontal orientation is in my opinion fantastic for its current purpose, which is as a bag-within-a-bag organizer to hold all the things I need in a day but don’t want or need to schlep from meeting to meeting. Which is why I think the Travel Cubelet would be perfect, if it fits the notebook.

So what do you think? Has anyone tried it? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and responses! (And thanks also for reading this ramble which I typed from under the covers with one eye open.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Northeast US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... I ordered one, in Grass, along with a black Field Journal (because I couldnít let it retire for good *again* without welcoming one into my home). Iíll report back with impressions on both once theyíve arrived. Thanks for your thoughts and photos, everyone!! I know that my journal wonít fit in the TC, but if Iím just walking around the office with it, I donít see that as a make-or-break issue, especially since the rest of the time it will live as a bag within a bag. But Iíll know more about whether or not it will work once Iíve actually played around with it.

Thanks again! Iíll report back soon.

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." ó Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered two figuring Iíd keep one. Loved Mars Red so it was an easy choice. Best friend fell in love with cloud. No returns required!

Northeast US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Grass Travel Cubelet just arrived!!! And itís a keeper.

(pictured next to my new Field Journal for scale)

It will be perfect for spring and summer wanderings when I donít want to carry too much, and as a bag-within-a-bag until then. So excited!!

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." ó Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new olive/violet aether Travel Cubelet arrived. I love this combination. Looks great. I have other TCs, but they are the original ones with carbon aether. The violet really pops. It's too bad olive 525 is being discontinued. It's one of my favorite colors.

Forgive my bad photography skills. The first picture is without a flash; the second with.

Travel Cubelet-tc2-1-jpg
    Travel Cubelet-tc2-2-jpg
    Last edited by pammy; 07-09-2018 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Can't spell
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Montana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    My new olive/violet aether Travel Cubelet arrived. I love this combination. Looks great. I have other TCs, but they are the original ones with carbon aether. The violet really pops. It's too bad olive 525 is being discontinued. It's one of my favorite colors.

Forgive me bad photography skills. The first picture is without a flash; the second with.

Travel Cubelet-tc2-1-jpg
    Travel Cubelet-tc2-2-jpg
    I received the same TC on Saturday. I agree, the Olive/Violet combo is really pretty!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked one up because I was hoping it would look, well, exactly like that. Hope it arrives before my trip this week!

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had three TCs in my wishlist because I can't decide on a color, grass, dawn, veridian. And this pic has added olive to my list. Wink I gotta make up my mind, do I want a bright and cheery TC or one of these beautiful muted ones?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    I had three TCs in my wishlist because I can't decide on a color, grass, dawn, veridian. And this pic has added olive to my list. Wink I gotta make up my mind, do I want a bright and cheery TC or one of these beautiful muted ones?
    The answer is simple: Buy both. No, really, you'll be happy you did. Personally I love grass, but I know others hate it. I always travel with a grass cubelet because it's really easy to find since the color stands out. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Be daring and bold. You can't go wrong with both a bright TC and a muted one. Embarrassment
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So true! I have so many colors now. The Travel Cubelet is great. Just wish they would make it in Deep Blue; it's weird that it is every other color but that.

Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    The answer is simple: Buy both. No, really, you'll be happy you did. Personally I love grass, but I know others hate it. I always travel with a grass cubelet because it's really easy to find since the color stands out. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Be daring and bold. You can't go wrong with both a bright TC and a muted one. Embarrassment
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Austin US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    So true! I have so many colors now. The Travel Cubelet is great. Just wish they would make it in Deep Blue; it's weird that it is every other color but that.
    Hey bchaplin! They have it in Deep Blue right now. https://www.tombihn.com/products/tra...=8972363759679

Travel Cubelet-deepblue_travel_cubelet_tom_bihn-png
    Last edited by Awbee; 07-10-2018 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Added image and the quoted post for this reply

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definitely get more than one
    Smilie

I have Mars Red, Dawn, and Black... I'm just sad that Canyon never made it into the TC's before it was disco'd.

EDIT: Hmmm, I just realized that I also have a Viridian TC... four TC's...I may have a problem
    Last edited by G42; 07-10-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Montana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    definitely get more than one
    Smilie

I have Mars Red, Dawn, and Black... I'm just sad that Canyon never made it into the TC's before it was disco'd.
    Yes! I love Canyon too and would love it in a TC.
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Winona, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recommend Dawn- it is such a beautiful purpley grey and goes so well with the violet interior. I added violet zipper pulls and key strap to have a nice combo of subtle bag color with pops of a brighter accent. Travel Cubelet-img_8331-jpg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaat??

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Hey bchaplin! They have it in Deep Blue right now. https://www.tombihn.com/products/tra...=8972363759679

Travel Cubelet-deepblue_travel_cubelet_tom_bihn-png
    ----
    Edmund Burke

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast