Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Travel Cubelet

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _brianhamilton View Post
    Have you found a way to put the Travel Cubelet inside the Synapse 25 anywhere? Any pockets that it fits nicely in? I'm considering a TC for both a shoulder bag and another internal organizer for my S25.
    I have an S19 & Luminary, not S25, but I just toss it into the main section... BTW, it also fits wonderfully into the front small pockets on the Pilot

Northeast US
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _brianhamilton View Post
    Have you found a way to put the Travel Cubelet inside the Synapse 25 anywhere? Any pockets that it fits nicely in? I'm considering a TC for both a shoulder bag and another internal organizer for my S25.
    I have an S19, and Iíve hung the TC on the front side of the main pocket. Lemme grab a photo:

As you can see, itís a pretty good fit ó I riffed off of someone elseís idea of hanging a Side Effect in their Synapse main pocket. I used an 8-inch key strap, since it was all I had, and it works a treat. I finally have a place where I can stash all the things I want to keep extra-secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." ó Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

cave of caerbannog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my Olive TC....oh my!!! Already stuffed it full....now to pare it down further. The fun begins...What is left from my Side Kick will go in a backpack or whatever bag is being used for travel.

The adventure begins!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
    Just got my Olive TC....oh my!!!
    Enjoy your new TC! I've got an Olive TC in a holding pattern to come with the September delivery of my zipped shop bags. I have a Plum/Olive Imago and surprisingly, I really like the green so thought I'd get something else in it (I usually veer to the TB blues like original Nordic and Navy). The Olive TC, along with some older Coyote bags (SE and Little Swift) will make a nice change of pace for fall EDCs.

cave of caerbannog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had my Olive TC out for it's first shopping excursion....and it is a total success!! Only carried what I needed for shopping plus my phone and headphones...everything else in a backpack with shopping bags. Have a smaller/thinner wallet for money/cards coming in a few days. Perfect little bag!!!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to a nice event indoors, the weather projected that day was ultra hot, no rain.

I had to find a way to streamline, the LSB EDC into the Swift. I never thought I could do it.

The solution was to switch the SCB for a Travel Cubelet.

I like a cross body shoulder bag holding the essentials, where ever I am.

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My TC arrived in time for vacation. I bought it to carry my phone and keys on a walk but it holds so much more. I already have two compact bags that hold all that. I can't decide if I'll sell it. It's unique for a vertical bag because it didn't annoy me. OTOH it annoys me to keep a bag I only use a couple times a year. Hmm.

Travel Cubelet-dscn3998-jpg

eta: Lazy wins, I'm leaving the photo huge.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @twosandalz, I find that the TC makes a great organizer pouch within a larger bag, especially in the lighter 210 ballistic (which you have) when it's not needed as a separate carry. The strap rolls up & fits in the outside pocket. A strap handle is a nifty grab feature, but not needed.
    You can also attach the TC using the keystrap hack, through the rail loops in the backpacks.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

cave of caerbannog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a hardcore east-west handbag girl, and I tried using a Organization Pouch as a minimal carry bag. Hated the way I had to pull my phone out of the pouch. The Travel Cublet with the vertical orientation makes it effortless. So much so I got a NWS one, and a mini Steel Q-kit to match!!

Love both designs....can't wait to try them out at the Judas Priest concert next week!!!

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earlier today I decided to keep it, tonight I'm back to selling it. I tried it in my backpack last week after reading about it here. I liked the ease of quickly popping it out when I didn't need the pack. But it was an inefficient use of space (the packs are non-TB). I think it'd work well in my Luminary or Swift. Buuuut how often would I use it? I'll probably change my mind again tomorrow. Big Grin

Forum Member
    On the shores of Lake Erie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My tc saved us at cedar point. Most roller coasters donít allow a bag or backpack, making you rent a locker over and over. so I grabbed our phones, put the tc strap around my waist, and tightened the strap. Fanny packs are allowed on almost every ride (all but Steel Vengeance which I didnít wait around for.) My TC ďfunny packĒ, which I wore to the side of my waist actually, worked amazing. Wonít use it much outside of theme parks, but itís AMAZING For those!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The majority of events venues, even museums, force people to place their EDC in a locker.

However, they are usually ok with fanny packs or tiny purses, the Travel Cubelet is just the ticket, it can also be used as an extended Passport Pouch or Stealth bag under clothes.

PS: it works best in cool and cold weather, ultra hot climates and the beach not enough clothes to play Stealthy but fab Extended Passport Pouch Cubelet! Smilie

cave of caerbannog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the TC in Olive and just got a TC in NWS..what a world of difference!!! The fabric is so much more supple and seems to hold so much more!! If TB makes TCs in more halcyon colors I am in trouble....especially if Sitka comes back.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
    I have the TC in Olive and just got a TC in NWS..what a world of difference!!! The fabric is so much more supple and seems to hold so much more!! If TB makes TCs in more halcyon colors I am in trouble....especially if Sitka comes back.
    You know what is going to come next TB Crew and regulars forum members. Smilie
    UV! Nordic! TC! Please, please, please ( a la James Brown)

I love, love, love EDC Ballistic, the fabric is a dream come true for me. It has the strength of Travel Ballistic, elegance like no other fabric I ever seen, it is smooth to the touch, comes in fabulous color.

I am going to have to do another James Brown: "Please, please, please," keep the formula for Dawn and consider bringing it back, if only in small batches, if possible.

Back to our regular scheduled topic TC in Halcyon which I keep calling by its ancestral name Dyneema, so I always have to check.

Looking around, TB items in closest proximity which are used the most are Halcyon, especially in hot and warm weather and on vacation.

Halcyon is lightweight which is my number one concern in all 3 of those circumstances.
    Nordic and UV are so gorgeous, they soothe the mind, which is a must at docs offices, in anticipation of, or during elections time and severe weather.

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the advent of NWS aether, is it too much of a dream to hope it's used for the travel cubelet interior instead of violet?

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast