Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Cubelet

Forum Member
    Bettendorf, IA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a guy, so I don't do purses, but I wonder how this differs from a Side Kick? It looks smaller. My impression is that the Side Kick could function very much like a purse. But this looks like a terrific bag within a bag organization pouch, even for men. (Same with the Side Kick or Side Effect).

Forum Member
    Bettendorf, IA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I see the size difference. Travel Cubelet: 0.6L; Side Kick: 3.0L.

I know a forum member (ahem) who is known to use the Side Effect as a purse. I wonder if she'll change.

(PS - The Side Effect is 1.5L.)
    Last edited by zephyr; 10-23-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa, I almost missed this! Has anyone compared the dimensions to the Side Effect? My brain is a little fuzzy this morning (ugh, Mondays. . . ) but the Travel Cubelet appears to be pretty close to a vertical Side Effect, but slightly lighter/less stiff. Which I think would be a good thing.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Ok, I see the size difference. Travel Cubelet: 0.6L; Side Kick: 3.0L.

I know a forum member (ahem) who is known to use the Side Effect as a purse. I wonder if she'll change.

(PS - The Side Effect is 1.5L.)
    When I looked at the page it said the Travel Cubelet was 1.7L. The regular Cubelet is .6L. If you look at the photo of the TC with the book and notepad inside, this makes sense.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaisleyPam View Post
    Does anyone know what size Aeronaut the woman is wearing in the photos for the Travel Cubelet? Thanks.
    I am guessing A30.

Forum Member
    Bettendorf, IA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    When I looked at the page it said the Travel Cubelet was 1.7L. The regular Cubelet is .6L. If you look at the photo of the TC with the book and notepad inside, this makes sense.
    I'm looking at the page for Totes. Perhaps they copied/pasted the coding for the regular Cubelet.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    Whoa, I almost missed this! Has anyone compared the dimensions to the Side Effect? My brain is a little fuzzy this morning (ugh, Mondays. . . ) but the Travel Cubelet appears to be pretty close to a vertical Side Effect, but slightly lighter/less stiff. Which I think would be a good thing.
    It is slightly boxier than the Side Effect and .2L bigger

Travel Cubelet:
    Dimensions:
    7.3 x 5.7 x 3 / 185 x 145 x 75 mm

Side Effect
    Dimensions: 8.6" x 5" x 2" / 220 x 130 x 50 mm

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't need it! I have a Side Effect, but all I can think about is buying this!!!!

Forum Member
    VA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would so love a pic of it sitting inside a MCB and inside a MB and inside a SK...Darcy??! (it's all about me, right?!)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a guy, so I don't do purses, but I wonder how this differs from a Side Kick? It looks smaller. My impression is that the Side Kick could function very much like a purse. But this looks like a terrific bag within a bag organization pouch, even for men. (Same with the Side Kick or Side Effect).
    I think the new bag is smaller, but the big difference to me is the vertical vs horizontal orientation. I carried my Halcyon Side Kick all over London but to me it looks more purse-like than a bag that is vertically oriented like the new bag.FYI...Im a 51 year old dude. I will surely own one of these.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is slightly boxier than the Side Effect and .2L bigger

Travel Cubelet:
    Dimensions:
    7.3” x 5.7” x 3” / 185 x 145 x 75 mm

Side Effect
    Dimensions: 8.6" x 5" x 2" / 220 x 130 x 50 mm
    Thanks! That is actually just about perfect, I was using my Side Effect as PLO this weekend and it was just a tiiiiiiiiiny bit too small so my keys and my wallet kept getting in the way of each other. Looks like I'll be placing an order later this week!
    Rambling On. . . . .

Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
    This looks great! I'm torn between the Island halcyon (especially as halcyon may stretch to accommodate a bit more Stuff), and the Grass ballistic. Although I love all the colours. Ahhh the agony of choice....
    Same dilemma! Though I'm leaning toward Grass because I like a bit of structure. Good thing I have a few days to decide (silver lining of having to wait until Friday to order!).
    kindness is contagious.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the pocket made of? It doesn't look like parapack.
    Aether (the same Aether that is used to make Packing Cubes).

Quote Originally Posted by PaisleyPam View Post
    Does anyone know what size Aeronaut the woman is wearing in the photos for the Travel Cubelet? Thanks.
    That’s an Aeronaut 30.

I'm looking at the page for Totes. Perhaps they copied/pasted the coding for the regular Cubelet.
    Indeed we did! Thanks for catching that. It’s fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by bermudajes View Post
    Same dilemma! Though I'm leaning toward Grass because I like a bit of structure. Good thing I have a few days to decide (silver lining of having to wait until Friday to order!).
    It's super cute in Grass. I have one in Northwest Sky, which I love, but the prototype I tested was in Grass and I miss it!
    Last edited by Darcy; 10-23-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The blog post says there are four pockets. I'm assuming that includes:
    * the main interior compartment
    * the phone pocket inside
    * the pen pocket inside
    * the exterior pocket
    Is that right?
    BTW I was glad to see the slot for a pen.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Bettendorf, IA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIM View Post
    I think the new bag is smaller, but the big difference to me is the vertical vs horizontal orientation. I carried my Halcyon Side Kick all over London but to me it looks more purse-like than a bag that is vertically oriented like the new bag.FYI...I’m a 51 year old dude. I will surely own one of these.
    I'll probably get one, as well. I use a 3DOC at the office for meetings. I bring my extension cord, wrapped up, a cordless mouse, plus an extra battery and a USB phone charger. I'm thinking this might be a nice little step up. I could include a backup notepad, throw in my phone, plus keep a pen or two...
    Last edited by zephyr; 10-23-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast