Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I could find a matching UMP, it would be almost impossible to resist! my Smart Alec is my favorite travel bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    If I could find a matching UMP, it would be almost impossible to resist! my Smart Alec is my favorite travel bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same! I am fortunate that I ordered a Black UMP when I ordered my original Black/NWS SA (which was later sold in trade for my current Black/Solar SA) so a second SA would really be nothing but a "just in case" bag for me. And considering the lifespan of TB bags. . . I really don't need to have a second in case the first one breaks because that's just super unlikely. Or so I keep telling myself.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    Same! I am fortunate that I ordered a Black UMP when I ordered my original Black/NWS SA (which was later sold in trade for my current Black/Solar SA) so a second SA would really be nothing but a "just in case" bag for me. And considering the lifespan of TB bags. . . I really don't need to have a second in case the first one breaks because that's just super unlikely. Or so I keep telling myself.
    @Meglet, as weíve learned from @Laniís sad tale of losing her Zest stuff sack, terrible things can befall a favorite TB item. So maybe itís prudent to get a second SA just in case? At least thatís what I tell myself when I am clicking on the order button. Or sometimes I tell myself itís for Mr.pammy. Iím good at using whatever justification that comes to mind at the moment.

@NWhikergal, I totally get what youíre saying. I kick myself for not getting a black halcyon UMP/LMP when they were available. I had no idea that was going to be the last batch made. I thought I would order them the next time, even though I had read stories of regret from other forum members from not buying something when available. Well, lesson learned finally.

Kat said the matching UMP/LMPs were not on the production schedule, but I am hoping against hope that TB will reconsider and make them. Even if I had to wait six month, I would so happy to have the matching set. I know I can attach a Side Effect to use as an UMP, but itís not quite the same. Now if anyone out there has one theyíre not using, Iím sure we can work out a tradeÖ
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: The Smart Alec in halcyon has sold out, but the good news is itís back in production with the message: ďAvailable for order on November 15th at 8:00am Pacific Time. This is the last production run of Smart Alecís ó ever.Ē And thatís for both halcyon and ballistic SAs. So if youíre wanting to get one before theyíre gone for good, mark your calendars.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Update: The Smart Alec in halcyon has sold out, but the good news is itís back in production with the message: ďAvailable for order on November 15th at 8:00am Pacific Time. This is the last production run of Smart Alecís ó ever.Ē And thatís for both halcyon and ballistic SAs. So if youíre wanting to get one before theyíre gone for good, mark your calendars.
    And the next batch of Travel Cubelets will also go up on the website for order at 8:00am Pacific Time on the 15th. We figured it could save a few folks some shipping costs that way.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Bettendorf, IA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    And the next batch of Travel Cubelets will also go up on the website for order at 8:00am Pacific Time on the 15th. We figured it could save a few folks some shipping costs that way.
    Can you tell us roughly how many SA you are producing or plan to produce? A lot or a little? I ask b/c the TC I planned to buy sold out in the 10 minutes it took me to try to complete the order. Should we plan on these selling out in 5 minutes?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Can you tell us roughly how many SA you are producing or plan to produce? A lot or a little? I ask b/c the TC I planned to buy sold out in the 10 minutes it took me to try to complete the order. Should we plan on these selling out in 5 minutes?
    We made a good and hearty final batch of Smart Alecs and really don't think they'll sell out that fast. That said, we too are sometimes surprised by just how quickly things go (talking 'bout you, Travel Cubelet!)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heads-up! The Smart Alec in halcyon is now available to order

Aaaand my SA arrived from the forwarder yesterday!

Happy happy joy joy! Sadly, i couldnt say the same for my bank account.

Weird though that it did not come in the Tom Bihn box (unless the forwarder discarded it without asking) and I didnt get a sticker. Bummer.

Excited though to try 1-bag it for a 4-day trip next week!
    Last edited by Nick_; 11-16-2017 at 05:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2