Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Tom Bihn's warranty cover second hand bags?

I have a couple of Tom Bihn bags, Some new, but some I purchased from ebay. Does the lifetime warranty extend do bags that were purchased from a 3rd party? Just curious.
    Last edited by edward.dennihy; 11-04-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious about this too
    I've not had any problems with my second-hand bags (in some cases 3rd or 4th hand), but I wonder what the answer is too.

Orange County, CA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know what the official policy is but I had a “new to me” S25 that developed an unusual issue and I sent it in for repair. The Tom Bihn crew repaired the bag in a way that exceeded my expectations and covered it under warranty with no cost to me.
    Tom Bihn’s service Team sure earned my loyalty with that action.
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not an official statement of cause so maybe @Darcy can chim in here.

But here is the thing I was wondering when reading this: with a pre owned bag you have no way to know what happened to it. This is from the FAQ section about cleaning Tom Bihb bags:
    Methods we DON'T recommend:
    Having your bag dry-cleaned or putting your bag in a washing machine or dryer will void the guarantee and make your bag look funny.

I personaly baught one S19 from ebay (it was a discontinued colour) which I am pritty sure of has been into a washing masine. So my point here is: with second hand bags you can not be sure of the guarantee has not been voided and I would think that therefore guarantee might only apply to first hand buys.
    Everything else seems to be a case by case dection with customer service but again: this is just my take and not an official statement.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an old thread so I don't know if anything's changed, but Tom responds to a question and addresses second hand warranty in the second post:
    https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...-bags-plb.html

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would guess that the warrantee is the same as any company. Second hand goods are not waranteed. That said, I think if there was something weirdly wrong with the bag, that TB would want to see the fault and try to make you happy because that guarantees a return customer. So I think it's probably on a case by case basis.