Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't retire Dawn please!!!

Dear Tom:

Don't retire Dawn, please!!! It's gorgeous. I wish it came in 525 ballistic.

Also, I love Canyon.

Thanks!

Forum Member
    Austin US
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second @BWeaves. Dawn, Mars Red, and Canyon are my favorite new ballistic colors. Maybe Tom will reconsider retiring them so soon? Or perhaps he could find similar colors in the 525 version. Pretty please? *^^*

Minnesota - Land of 10,000 Seasons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you at least do a few more runs of products in Dawn so I might have a chance of getting the Travel Cubelet before they sell out??? Pretty please???
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Mars Red on the retireing list too? I thought it was Dawn and Canyon?

The thing is: retireing something is always painfull for some. But than it makes space for new things so that is good. And my experiance in the past years with Tom Bihn is there will always be another wonderful colour around the corner that makes up for the ones that have to go.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Austin US
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Is Mars Red on the retireing list too? I thought it was Dawn and Canyon?

The thing is: retireing something is always painfull for some. But than it makes space for new things so that is good. And my experiance in the past years with Tom Bihn is there will always be another wonderful colour around the corner that makes up for the ones that have to go.

Ilkyway
    Mars Red isn't on the retiring list. Sorry about the confusion.

I do love those colors but you're right. Retiring them means discovering new colors (and designs) I might love even more. Smilie That's the cool thing about Tom's bags. I can't wait to see what the next debut will bring!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind retiring a color after a long run, but Dawn and Canyon just came out.

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear you - my two favorites from the new batch of colors are Canyon and Dawn ... C'est la vie !!! Smilie

As they say ... the only constant is change ... and if it allows TB to create more great designs, I am ok with it ... briefcase ... briefcase ...

Also, just think of all the possible new colors that could come out next ... maybe one even closer to your favorite !!

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully they ordered enough of Dawn & Canyon to make a range of things for a bit of time. There have already been multiple waves of 'in production' of several items as far as I can tell.
    I'm new here, but I read some old forum posts that sounded like people got to choose a new favorite of some previous color batches (hello Island), so maybe that could happen here too.
    Dawn is great...but a repeat shout out to Canyon... it is a lovely foil to the Mars Red colour (which is way nicer/richer in person that it shows in photos).
    I had purchased a Mars Red Cubelet to use for meds/first aid and I'm very very pleased with the colour - it is not too loud.... I liked it enough to pick up the Travel Cubelet in Mars Red even though I don't normally think of myself as a 'red' person and I already have a TC in Dawn.

Michigan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would kill for larger bags with Canyon as an exterior color.

Well... I wouldn't, obviously, because that would be taking one's fabric color obsession a bit too far, but you know what I mean.
    EDC: Side Kick/Medium Cafe Bag | WORK: Daylight Briefcase/Synik 22 | GYM: Truck | TRAVEL: Synik 22/Smart Alec/Aeronaut 30

Forum Member
    Chicago
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES PLEASE

Let Dawn live for a bit longer!

PLEASE

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was surprised that Dawn was retiring. The reason being that ‘blues’ are not particularly well covered in the standard colour options. It took a long time for Island to make an appearance as an internal colour and dawn felt like a nod in the ‘blue’ direction in the new fabric options. Shame really

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also like that it's a blue-ish neutral. Such a pretty color. I'm tempted to get a Travel Cubelet in that color because I'm worried about missing out.
    If they did the Pop Tote in Dawn, I would be all over that.

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too. I'm struggling with the colours of the pop tote. It is such a great seeming bag but the colours don't grab me, for the cost of it converted into Au$ and shipped. But I could really use the bag for upcoming trips away...

In Dawn, I would be completely converted!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some good news for those who appreciate Dawn: we have a decent supply of Dawn fabric, so it won't be going away that soon. No need to rush. (I'm sensing there's a joke I could make about Dawn riding into the sunset or Dawn becoming Dusk or something, but it's not coming to me....)
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    ...(I'm sensing there's a joke I could make about Dawn riding into the sunset or Dawn becoming Dusk or something, but it's not coming to me....)
    "It's going to a be a pretty dark day when there's no more Dawn."

(Ok, so I suck at bad puns, anyone else want to make a run at it?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast