Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abires View Post
    I just fold/roll them up and wrap a Velcro strip around them, soft side out. Iíve done this to every bag Iíve owned for the last 10 or 15 years. My Synapse 25 is two years old and Iíve only had to readjust them one time. If you need to resize the straps for a heavy coat, it takes less than two seconds to pull the Velcro off. Then, just fold/roll them back up and wrap your Velcro back around them.
    Yes! When researching some of the other ideas shared here, I ran across the velcro solution and decided that this is the way to go. Next trip to town, I'll purchase double sided velcro and take care of this asap. Thanks for your input!

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The below link is a thread specifically about ideas people had to answer your question - so lots of great ideas there.

Corralling (Sp?) Backpack Straps

Though more complicated, I did this solution (post #12 in the above thread) as I wanted to be able to easily adjust the straps on the fly:

Here is how to do this (need a triglide and D-Ring for each side):

@terryon had a good solution too that was put in a TB bag hack video (see link below and go to 35 seconds in to see it - "No more dangles"). Note - I believe that this is the video @JohnDel wrote earlier about:

TOM BIHN FORUMS BAG HACKS PART II

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 11-18-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tpnl - So your solution looks great. i like the ease of the velcro idea, but I don't like the weird wad of strap that results from that technique. The video showing how the tri-glides work was extremely helpful as were the rest of the bag hacks that that video shared. I'll have to toss about these ideas and possibly try a few, so I appreciate your input!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you can use Zeke's idea (30 days in Italy). Use a black hair band and wrap the excess strap around it and tie it off after. Cheap, reversible and elegant solution.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2