Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Olive Pop Tote arrived! I love the color and I think Paddington does too. It’s a keeper.
    I didn't buy a pop tote at release despite really wanting the bag partially because was 3am for me, and partially because I couldn't pick a colour. At least I was certain I didn't want olive... until now!

I'm meant to narrowing down not increasing options!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirri View Post
    I didn't buy a pop tote at release despite really wanting the bag partially because was 3am for me, and partially because I couldn't pick a colour. At least I was certain I didn't want olive... until now!

I'm meant to narrowing down not increasing options!
    I bought the deep blue tote, but I also got an Olive Cubelet... I now have a Cubelet in every colour, so at least I know what all those colours look like in person!

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kirri,

I am with you on that one, did not think olive was vivid enough for my tastes as I had ordered things in Verde/regular olive in the past and did not like the shade. That photo by Rocks makes me want one in that color! It is sort of iridescent. It is interesting that the olive 525 has not had too many photographs on the forum, for the Luminary or the other new bags. I think more pics will make it a popular color!

Forum Member
    Austin US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My First Pop Tote Pics

I just got my Blue Pop Tart and I love it! It looks small on the outside but has TONS of room on the inside. I snapped a few quick pics even though the light was not ideal. Please forgive the hideous yellow coloring. ><

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-deep_blue_tombihn_pop_tote_flat-jpg

Our Mini Pin, Dobby helping provide some size comparison
    EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-deepblue_poptote_tombihn_emptystanding-jpg

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-tombihn_pop_tote_insideempty-jpg

I wanted to show how big it is inside so here's my Viridan Cubelet for scale.
    EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-tombihn_poptote_cubeletinside-jpg

Here's the Cubelet standing up against the side of the tote.
    EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-tombihn_poptote_cubelet_standing-jpg

I wanted to see how much it held so I put my Side Kick and Cubelet together and still had plenty of room. (Cloud 525 SK and Viridian 210 Cubelet)
    EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-tombihn_pop_tote_sidekick_cubelet_inside-jpg

I added in my Burnt Orange Side Effect and they STILL weren't touching the other side of the tote. I think a 200-300 page softcover book would fit in the remaining space.
    EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-tombihn_poptote_sidekick_cubelet_sideeffect_inside-jpg

The Tom Bihn Holiday sticker was the cherry on top of this already sweet Pop Tote/Pop Tart treat ^_^
    EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-tombihnholidaysticker-jpg

I can't wait to pack this up and use it as our Travel/Hotel bag. It should be the perfect size for our trip next week!
    Last edited by Awbee; 12-01-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    @Kirri,
    It is interesting that the olive 525 has not had too many photographs on the forum, for the Luminary or the other new bags. I think more pics will make it a popular color!
    I'm intrigued by the Olive/Canyon Luminary - it's a pretty looking combo - but I already have a Luminary...

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m hoping to see a travel cubelet in olive or aubergine...
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    I’m hoping to see a travel cubelet in olive or aubergine...
    Ooooh yes aubergine!!!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I definitely won't be replacing my bear canister with a Pop Tote. Whether its zipper closure will keep a dog out depends on the dog and what's in the bag. Knowing my own two dogs as I do, I felt certain the bread and cheese would be safe in the particular instance I described, but it's not a use we recommend in particular for the Pop Tote.

In her younger puppy days Fiona herself volunteered to test the buckles and straps of several bags....

I'm so glad your dog is okay! That is really scary. Good for you for staying so calm and collected. It's important you shared this because not everyone knows that grapes are toxic to dogs. While we're at it: onions are toxic to both dogs and cats.

The groceries I had set on the floor were bags of potatoes, kale, squash, pomegranates, carrots and a bottle of wine, so nothing too tempting in there. Except the kale I guess, which was treated as a toy / something to rip apart. Fiona did seem to really enjoy eating it after it was steamed, though! I thought she only liked green beans, berries, and squash.

On to a different use for the Pop Tote....

It was quite handy on a recent holiday shopping outing! I've taken to always putting my Travel Cubelet inside the Pop Tote so I can remove the Travel Cubelet / carry it too once my Pop Tote is full or nearly so.
    After removing my SCB from the Large Shop Bag and pairing down the Large Shop Bag to my EDC essentials, i realized that the Pop Tote is most probably the ideal inclement weather tote.
    Ilkyway mentioned that the Pop Tote zipper is not splash sproof, what kind is it?

Atfer wondering why my SBC had become a tangle of Key Straps and lanyard, the Travel Cubelet came to the rescue, housing less used Pouches,while everyday use ones, are slipped securely in and out of the SCB, tethered to their O-rings.

It is lovely that the Travel Cubelet is fitted with the perfect number of O-rings to become a secure pocket.

I have grown to enjoy kale as well, It is full of good nutrients. Everytime I make a smoothie, I think of the pictures you shared on blog posts, except my smoothies are fruits.

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kirri,

I am with you on that one, did not think olive was vivid enough for my tastes as I had ordered things in Verde/regular olive in the past and did not like the shade. That photo by Rocks makes me want one in that color! It is sort of iridescent. It is interesting that the olive 525 has not had too many photographs on the forum, for the Luminary or the other new bags. I think more pics will make it a popular color!
    I used to like every color but olive, but it has really grown on me. I was sad when verde became the green ballistic fabric and forest was retired. Verde is a tricky color. Sometimes it's gorgeous and sometimes it's blah. Olive 525 is similar. I think that's what makes it special. When it gets the right light, which can't be all the time, it's so appealing. It satisfies my love of green, yet can be a unassuming and neutral.

Here's a few more pics of olive 525 and a verde Q kit.

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-img_6204-jpg

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-img_6205-jpg
    Last edited by Rocks; 12-02-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    After removing my SCB from the Large Shop Bag and pairing down the Large Shop Bag to my EDC essentials, i realized that the Pop Tote is most probably the ideal inclement weather tote.
    Ilkyway mentioned that the Pop Tote zipper is not splash sproof, what kind is it?
    Hello @backpack

To answer your question about the zippers, they are #8 size YKK zippers with metal sliders. They are not the Aquaguard version (the waterproof version) but are the same ones used on the zippered part of the Cafe Bags, Maker's Bag and Parental Unit. The inside of the bag itself has a urethane coating that makes it water resistant. From my experience, I have not had an issue with rain coming through. While, ultimately, water could come in from a extended downpour, I think the level of protection is enough for its intended purpose (ie, it is not meant to be taken on a long trail hike in the pouring rain).

TB has some good info on the zippers they use in the materials section and a video as well:

TB Zipper information

TB Zipper Video

See 30 seconds into the video for what I believe are the exact zippers on the Pop Tote.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 12-02-2017 at 11:47 AM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    Hello @backpack

To answer your question about the zippers, they are #8 size YKK zippers with metal sliders. They are not the Aquaguard version (the waterproof version) but are the same ones used on the zippered part of the Cafe Bags, Maker's Bag and Parental Unit. The inside of the bag itself has a urethane coating that makes it water resistant. From my experience, I have not had an issue with rain coming through. While, ultimately, water could come in from a extended downpour, I think the level of protection is enough for its intended purpose (ie, it is not meant to be taken on a long trail hike in the pouring rain).

TB has some good info on the zippers they use in the materials section and a video as well:

TB Zipper information

TB Zipper Video

See 30 seconds into the video for what I believe are the exact zippers on the Pop Tote.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Thank you so very much, it helps a lot!

My S19 is the dedicated downpour TB bag, which I believe has the splash proof zippers.

The Pop Tote looks just perfect for meetings or shopping expeditions.

Washington DC-ish
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And in the tradition of circular threads, my sourdough starter is named Pop-tart.

(I'm hoping to receive a cloud Pop Tote for a winter holiday.)

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love my Mars Red PT, it is perfect for my lifestyle and my new EDC. I have replaced my Luminary with it, as I don't necessarily need a backpack for my everyday activities. When I go biking or trekking somewhere, sure I will use it again, but the PT is the best for throwing in all my organizer bags (all TB by the way, and all different colors so I can find them quickly) based on my day. I really like the Luminary, but found that I really needed more space to get through my day conveniently.

In the PT I have:

1 SE that serves as my purse when I don't want to bring the PT into a store
    3 all-fabric 3DOC's in different colors
    1 small TT for my lunch,
    1 18 oz Hydroflask in the end pocket
    Spork, metal straw, cloth napkin in zippered pocket on other end
    Packing cube with my puff jacket & gloves
    1 Large shop bag

I have a medium cafe bag freudian slip on standby in case I want more organization, but so far I am able to peer into the open PT and find exactly what I want pretty quickly.

Montana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love my Mars Red PT, it is perfect for my lifestyle and my new EDC. I have replaced my Luminary with it, as I don't necessarily need a backpack for my everyday activities. When I go biking or trekking somewhere, sure I will use it again, but the PT is the best for throwing in all my organizer bags (all TB by the way, and all different colors so I can find them quickly) based on my day. I really like the Luminary, but found that I really needed more space to get through my day conveniently.

In the PT I have:

1 SE that serves as my purse when I don't want to bring the PT into a store
    3 all-fabric 3DOC's in different colors
    1 small TT for my lunch,
    1 18 oz Hydroflask in the end pocket
    Spork, metal straw, cloth napkin in zippered pocket on other end
    Packing cube with my puff jacket & gloves
    1 Large shop bag

I have a medium cafe bag freudian slip on standby in case I want more organization, but so far I am able to peer into the open PT and find exactly what I want pretty quickly.
    Pics...pics!!!! You take such great pictures!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @lizziejean3,

Some pics of my two Pop Totes (I may not have stuck to the list in my last post, however I included just about every small TB bag I have that I use on a weekly basis depending on my day):

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-img_7026-jpg

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-img_7027-jpg

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-img_7028-jpg

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-img_7031-jpg

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-img_7032-jpg

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-img_7033-jpg

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-img_7034-jpg
    WITH IPAD PRO 10.5 IN OTTERBOX CASE, AND MACBOOK, BOTH IN HORIZONTAL POSITION

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-img_7035-jpg
    IPAD PRO 10.5 & MACBOOK IN VERTICAL POSITION

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-img_7036-jpg

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-img_7037-jpg

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-img_7038-jpg

SOME THOUGHTS ON:

COLOR:

It is easier to see things in the Cloud 525 PT. I also love how the different TB colors go with Cloud, so nice! Everyone needs some color though, so had to have another in Mars Red! I am also considering one in Olive 525. The way I pack, in lots of little bags, makes it so easy to transfer between bags. I can see having dedicated, color-coded PT's also for certain tasks. Unlike some of the TB bags that are too expensive to have in "every color", the PT is one of those that I would happily invest in several different colors.

SSB as a LINER:

I tried the SSB as a liner in the PT, and it did not work for me. Too slouchy, it kept collapsing as I put stuff in. Also tried the LSB, no go with that either, way too big. I was dreaming of changing the interior colors up, but don't think that is going to happen for me.

USABILITY:

I can see using the Pop Totes a lot more than any other TB bag I have, other than my SE & 3DOC's. It is so versatile! I could easily use two for a weekend getaway with no other luggage. One PT for my clothing (rolled and packed in A30 SPC's), and the other for all of the immediate items that I took pictures of.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast