Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Montana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you @anna2222 and everyone else who has posted pictures of the Pop Tote! I'm hoping Santa brings me one for Christmas.
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anna2222 your pictures are perfect for people who use TB and other small accessories in their EDC.

It is another way to show the Pop Tote capacity. Thank you so much!

I also love to use color coded TB accessories for EDC, craft, paperwork and various activities.

Where did you get the metal straw?

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pop Tart (I mean Tote) is the first TB bag where I put the cord zipper pulls on, and then cut them off again. I actually like the way the metal zipper tabs hide in the side pockets. It's stealthy. When the cord zipper pulls were on the metal tabs, the zipper pulls stuck out. They were easier to grab, but they didn't hide nicely in the side pockets. I even took the cords zipper pulls off the side pockets, too, because they just sort of ruined the sleekness of the look of the bag, to me. This is the first time I haven't liked using the cord zipper pulls on a TB bag.

Minnesota - Land of 10,000 Seasons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    I used to like every color but olive, but it has really grown on me. I was sad when verde became the green ballistic fabric and forest was retired. Verde is a tricky color. Sometimes it's gorgeous and sometimes it's blah. Olive 525 is similar. I think that's what makes it special. When it gets the right light, which can't be all the time, it's so appealing. It satisfies my love of green, yet can be a unassuming and neutral.

Here's a few more pics of olive 525 and a verde Q kit.

Attachment 19472

Attachment 19473
    I had very little interest in either the Olive or the Verde...but your pictures have made me reconsider. Thanks, @Rocks! Your pictures really brought out the hidden beauty of those colors!
    Last edited by Sacharissa; 12-11-2017 at 06:33 AM.
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @backpack,

I originally bought my stainless steel straws at reusit.com, however I just checked their site and they are not selling them anymore.

Bed Bath & Beyond sells 2 different types, straight, and angled (I have the angled straws, which I like much better than the straight), 4 for $10 on sale right now, and it comes with a cleaning brush, which is a necessity with these straws.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...RoCbvIQAvD_BwE

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New supply of PT's just posted tonight

ETA: I already have a Deep Blue I'm using as a gym bag and I just bought a Mars Red, just because it's an amazing red (I don't even normally like red) and it looks divine with Canyon, so some of the Cubelets will be taking up residence in it
    Smilie
    Last edited by G42; 12-12-2017 at 08:20 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Pop Tote has become my Tuesday bag, for some reason. On Tuesdays it always seems to be raining, and I always have a lot of oddball errands to run. At lunch I took the PT to Target to pick up what is going to be a gag gift at work:

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-sponges-jpg

I found that the side pockets were good for my wet umbrella. I actually prefer carrying the umbrella (or 'brolly' for those of you on the other side of the pond) in the outside pockets, vs. the way it is stored inside in something like the Pilot or Synapse.

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-pt_closed-jpg

I will be taking the Pop Tote home as I need to pick up a few groceries on the way. There is a shop bag inside -- more for organizational purposes than anything else. I want to keep the food separate from other items.

This bag is a sort of "do one job" kind of proposition, but it is very useful when I need it.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I chose the deep blue after agonising about this for ages and it is all down to the Pop Tardis photos.

Southern California
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirri View Post
    OK, I chose the deep blue after agonising about this for ages and it is all down to the Pop Tardis photos.
    I respect this logic!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    @backpack,

I originally bought my stainless steel straws at reusit.com, however I just checked their site and they are not selling them anymore.

Bed Bath & Beyond sells 2 different types, straight, and angled (I have the angled straws, which I like much better than the straight), 4 for $10 on sale right now, and it comes with a cleaning brush, which is a necessity with these straws.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...RoCbvIQAvD_BwE
    Thanks so much!

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered an Olive 525 PT, can't wait to get it after the pics that, "Rocks" posted!

NJ
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered two Pop Totes, yay. One as a gift, and somehow another in Mars Red just jumped into my cart ;-)
    Eat well, travel often.

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife finally caved (I'm pretty sure it was so I would just shut up, can't blame her) and I'm getting a Deep Blue and a Black PT for my mother in law to choose one. It's all I can do not to throw the Mars Red in there. I am not even a red person, but Mars is simply amazing.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazique View Post
    It's all I can do not to throw the Mars Red in there. I am not even a red person, but Mars is simply amazing.
    Same here, normally don't like red. The Mars Red is just a really really really (can you tell I like it?) good red.

Just received my PT in Mars today. It looks amazing with Canyon. I put my Cubelet in there and it's a great match. Now I wish there were some larger organizer pouches or stuff sacks in Canyon to go inside.

My poor co-pilot has been pushed aside - this PT will be my personal item when I fly over the holidays, to go with my Steel Smart Alec.

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took my Pop Tote to the market this morning

My PT went with me to the market today and demonstrated its flexibility and utility.

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!-49c7fe52-45b4-48a7-8b79-4c7cdb9626e7-jpeg

Every time I use my PT, I find myself wondering how I managed this long without one.

Also, as thrilled as I am with my Olive PT, would love to see a Pop Tote in Canyon or Coyote Wink
    Last edited by chaimonkey; 01-14-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Luminary 15 in Nebulous Gray/Island

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast