Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EVERYTHING POP TOTE!

Now that the Pop Tote has been released, please post your pics and thoughts/questions here, so they are easy to find. Maybe a moderator who is used to moving the pictures can update this thread?

I ordered a Mars Red and a Cloud version but am on the other side of the country, so it will be a week before I see it. Looking forward to everyone's thoughts and input on how you are going to use your new Pop Tote!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't we already have a Pop Tote thread? It has 92 replies and over a dozen photos already so another thread would actually spread the photos out:
    https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...om-bihn-7.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh! Did not realize, I had looked in the General Bag Discussions and did not see that listed. Sorry about that! I do have trouble finding things on this forum, can you tell?

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Oh! Did not realize, I had looked in the General Bag Discussions and did not see that listed. Sorry about that! I do have trouble finding things on this forum, can you tell?
    Oh, haha yes it is hard to find threads on here! I never use the search on here, I always type whatever I'm looking for into Google and then add forums.tombihn.com to the end.

(adding site:forums.tombihn.com is supposed to give results only from here but it stopped working for me and instead redirected to random other sites so I do it the first way now).

I also use the Tapatalk app which puts the newest posts at the top of you follow all the boards. This isn't perfect either especially after a recent update, but at least I can see all the posts together, newest first.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    (adding site:forums.tombihn.com is supposed to give results only from here but it stopped working for me and instead redirected to random other sites so I do it the first way now).
    Try this: https://www.google.com/search?q=site:forums.tombihn.com+shop+bag+-"redirect-to"

The `-"redirect-to"` strips out the results that go elsewhere, like `https://forums.tombihn.com/redirect-to/?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chicobag...`

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though I can see it both ways, ultimately I think there's room on the forums for both threads.

That said, I'll share my small experience thus far with the Pop Tote:

I brought home a Pop Tote to give it a try as a game bag -- when you're carrying board games in the drizzly Seattle weather a zipper is a nice thing to have. Although it isn't large enough to bring a huge amount of games, I think it'll be good for a game night where you're playing one large game, like a Legacy-style game or a game with a board that squares like Ticket to Ride (I was able to fit both the original Ticket to Ride and Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries), and maybe a couple of smaller games or some snacks to share.

Montana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewR View Post
    Though I can see it both ways, ultimately I think there's room on the forums for both threads.

That said, I'll share my small experience thus far with the Pop Tote:

I brought home a Pop Tote to give it a try as a game bag -- when you're carrying board games in the drizzly Seattle weather a zipper is a nice thing to have. Although it isn't large enough to bring a huge amount of games, I think it'll be good for a game night where you're playing one large game, like a Legacy-style game or a game with a board that squares like Ticket to Ride (I was able to fit both the original Ticket to Ride and Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries), and maybe a couple of smaller games or some snacks to share.
    I love Ticket to Ride! We have game night with friends once or twice a week. I highly recommend Qwirkle. It's a great game of strategy.
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So here's an unusual use I found for the Pop Tote....

On a recent weekend getaway, I visited a co-op that had a magical thing the likes of which I'd never seen before: gluten-free sourdough bread! I bought a boule and some cheese to go along and put my purchases in a Shop Bag. Once I was back in the car, I realized that our next stop was a restaurant for dinner (the bread and cheese would be for lunch the next day) and that Fiona and Ichiro (dogs) would be in the car-- which doesn't have a trunk -- while we were inside eating. How to protect the bread and cheese?! And then I remembered that I was also carrying a Pop Tote, which, of course, has a zipper! The dogs might help themselves to bread and cheese sticking out of a bag without a closure, but they wouldn't get into a bag that was zipped shut. So, into the Pop Tote went the bread and cheese, and all was well.

P.S. I have since made my own homemade gluten-free sourdough bread, and though it takes some work it's totally worth it if you eat gluten-free and miss a good crusty loaf of bread.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I live in a hot climate, the idea of leaving any food in a car for more than a couple of minutes without the air conditioner running, and the food in an igloo cooler with ice cubes, gives me the food poisoning vibes. Also, leaving dogs in a car. They'd die of heat stroke before 5 minutes was up. I keep forgetting that it's cool where you are.

I remember being up in Indiana for Christmas and it was snowing and my mother-in-law went grocery shopping and left all her groceries in the trunk of her car while we visited relatives for a couple of hours. I freaked out, because you never do that in Florida. I had to remember it was below freezing outside. The trunk was probably colder than her fridge. They used to have public service announcements on TV warning retirees who move down to Florida to not leave their food, dogs, grandchildren, etc. in a parked car, because the temperature can get up over 115 F in less than 5 minutes in a parked car.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 11-28-2017 at 04:14 PM.

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Since I live in a hot climate, the idea of leaving any food in a car for more than a couple of minutes without the air conditioner running, and the food in an igloo cooler with ice cubes, gives me the food poisoning vibes. Also, leaving dogs in a car. They'd die of heat stroke before 5 minutes was up. I keep forgetting that it's cool where you are.

I remember being up in Indiana for Christmas and it was snowing and my mother-in-law went grocery shopping and left all her groceries in the trunk of her car while we visited relatives for a couple of hours. I freaked out, because you never do that in Florida. I had to remember it was below freezing outside. The trunk was probably colder than her fridge. They used to have public service announcements on TV warning retirees who move down to Florida to not leave their food, dogs, grandchildren, etc. in a parked car, because the temperature can get up over 115 F in less than 5 minutes in a parked car.
    When we lived in Ohio, we had a screened in outdoor porch. I used that as my extended refrigerator when Thanksgiving and Christmas rolled around. I really miss that now that I live in Florida.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy, I'll take your idea and go one further.

I have three counter-surfing, trash-diving, "sandwich-snatching from your hand if it's at snout level" dogs.

Now with the Pop Tote, I can bring in said groceries and set them on the kitchen floor! Woo Hoo!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    When we lived in Ohio, we had a screened in outdoor porch. I used that as my extended refrigerator when Thanksgiving and Christmas rolled around. I really miss that now that I live in Florida.

The local central Florida newspaper, which shall remain nameless, fired all their reporters and uses canned news stories from the wire services. So what was their Thanksgiving column about? "Store your food outside on your screened in porch if you don't have enough room in your fridge."

NOT in Florida you don't. We have bear attacks on a regular basis because the trash cans don't lock. Can you imagine the carnage and screen porch destruction when a bear gets a whiff of fresh food? Assuming the bears and raccoons don't get your food, the food poisoning from the 80 F temperatures will. And once bears know your house is a smorgasbord, they'll hang around and maul you the minute you open the garage door or step outside.

And don't get me started on the bugs here. They're the size of dinosaurs.

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to report that symptoms have not improved.

Still only see, hear, read POP TART.

Will check back later if symptoms improve

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    NOT in Florida you don't. We have bear attacks on a regular basis because the trash cans don't lock. Can you imagine the carnage and screen porch destruction when a bear gets a whiff of fresh food? Assuming the bears and raccoons don't get your food, the food poisoning from the 80 F temperatures will.
    My brother lives in Orlando too I have fond memories of visiting him and sitting in his screened in Lanai (before he moved to a house with no porch).
    I had no idea that there were bears in Central Florida. Alligators definitely, but I've never heard about bears. To be fair my brother lives in a fairly high density suburb of Orlando, so there's not a lot of places a bear could hide.

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sujo View Post
    Just want to report that symptoms have not improved.

Still only see, hear, read POP TART.

Will check back later if symptoms improve
    How many pop tarts fit in a pop tote?
    I lived on pop tarts as a teen. Now they just make my teeth hurt lol.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast