Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    London, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeoman Duffle with Backpack Straps

Hey all

I love TB bags but the thing lacking for me is a robust bag for traveling around the world with sleeping bags and roll mats. I did a trip through south and Central America and for this I needed a bag which was 65L + 15L expansion. Then a very small day bag. As such the HsJ doesn’t quite work for me as the main compartment is not big enough for roll mats, sleeping bags, winter kit for 6 months travelling...

The YD seems to fit the bill for lugging this type of gear around perfectly but lacks backpack straps. Would love to see this addition. Other manufactures make this type of bag but without TB O rings.....I want O rings!!!

TB crew - please could you add your awesome backpack straps to these packs?

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patagonia black hole duffel 90L
    No o rings Yeoman Duffle with Backpack Straps but it has everything else you asked for

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can add your own O-rings to any bag. Jo-Anns sells 3/4" O-rings in white, and 1/2" twill tape in white, tan and black. I find it pretty easy to sew my own O-rings into the seams of any bag. I don't open the seams, but sew to the covered seam allowance, so I can remove my O-rings later and leave no trace.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robw View Post
    Hey all

I love TB bags but the thing lacking for me is a robust bag for traveling around the world with sleeping bags and roll mats. I did a trip through south and Central America and for this I needed a bag which was 65L + 15L expansion. Then a very small day bag. As such the HsJ doesn’t quite work for me as the main compartment is not big enough for roll mats, sleeping bags, winter kit for 6 months travelling...

The YD seems to fit the bill for lugging this type of gear around perfectly but lacks backpack straps. Would love to see this addition. Other manufactures make this type of bag but without TB O rings.....I want O rings!!!

TB crew - please could you add your awesome backpack straps to these packs?
    So this week we've had a request for a larger HsJ and also a smaller HsJ. It is an amazing design, I hope more is planned along these lines!

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Patagonia black hole duffel 90L
    No o rings Yeoman Duffle with Backpack Straps but it has everything else you asked for
    I currently use three sizes of Black Hole Duffel depending on what I need to bring, where I am going, and how I am traveling.

I love them, but I too would like the understated elegance of a Bihn take on the simple "expedition duffel." I think it'd need at least one end pocket to be really perfect.