Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atrandum View Post

Leaving one of the side pockets of the synapse open doesn't solve my problem for quick access. I can't reach back like that, it's a very awkward angle especially if the bag is full.
    Well then, if leaving a pocket open isn't easy to reach, then I don't think having an open pocket anywhere on the S25 is going to solve the issue. You really need a belt clip to the backstrap belt or straps, or passport pouch or something that is just going to hold the phone and hang in front of you.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Well then, if leaving a pocket open isn't easy to reach, then I don't think having an open pocket anywhere on the S25 is going to solve the issue. You really need a belt clip to the backstrap belt or straps, or passport pouch or something that is just going to hold the phone and hang in front of you.
    An actual pocket on the side would work as I have other backpacks that do have side pockets, which I can reach fine and use repeatedly throughout the day. I would also prefer not to leave an actual zipped pocket of the synapse wide open since people will always ask if I forgot to zip it, and if the bag falls over, I'd worry about the phone flying out. And if I can't reach it, I can't tell if my phone already fell out without even me knowing. Having an elastic or cinched side pocket would be ideal. It would actually be at the side of the backpack, not the front of the synapse. Other people have suggested a vertical phone holster for the backpack straps, which I really like the idea of, so I'll try that out before sewing pockets the way I want on the synapse.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Alabama
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an s25 and the reason I bought it was I was tired of the cavernous bags with no organisation. I have realized SA is not for me. Also for years, it has bugged me that not only do all travel bags seem to have a useless (to me) laptop compartment, but they are hugely padded adding volume and weight to the bag. Lastly, who decided all laptop compartments should be in the front of a bag, most easily accessible to thieves? This is actually what drew me to Tom Bihn bags. The bags are designed for travel with and without a laptop. And... laptop compartment is usually in the middle or main compartment of the bags. I digress...I have a few things in the two side compartments, but no water bottle, usually just a light weight small rain jacket in the bottom pocket and most of the time, nothing inside the bag. Sometimes my lunch sits inside. It feels great and looks just as good empty as full. But I am going to pick up the internal frame for the few times a year I camp and/or pack to capacity.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could be a possibility for strapping a phone to the backpack straps! But then if you upgrade your phone, I'm not sure if you need a whole new case. https://www.quadlockcase.com/products/belt-clip-v3

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít carry valuables on the outside pocket much, though I sometimes put my wallet into the small upper pocket. But usually the wallet is in my pants pocket.

One thing that makes me feel a little safer against pickpockets is that the zippers on the Synapse are quite stiff, especially the #10 for the main compartment. So if I feel that I need some extra security, Iíll just put the important items into the main compartment. Hard to imagine anybody unzipping that without me knowing.

All in, I like having both options, the big empty space of the main compartment, and the little organised outside compartments. I get to choose how and when I use them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4