1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Wish List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bermudajes View Post
    I'd be so happy to see Olive/Canyon, Black/Canyon, or even Deep Blue/Canyon in the Side Kick!
    Yes, please!
    Stowaway in Alphaviolet/Dawn - Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Travel Cubelet in Dawn - Pop Tote in Olive - Synapse 19 in Deep Blue/Iberian Halcyon

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d really love to see Island as an interior fabric paired with more colours, like Aubergine and Verde.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to wish for a Steel Balistic/UV Pilot, but then I'd have to *choose* between Steel/UV and Steel/Wasabi, and I don't really know if my poor heart could choose!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    I’d really love to see Island as an interior fabric paired with more colours, like Aubergine and Verde.
    And Nordic Halcyon!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tom, Any thoughts on a bag for nurses?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kad View Post
    YES! THIS! I throw my stuff into a snake charmer but I hate twisting my stethoscope up so much. Plus I accidentally put my shears in the same side as my steth once and punctured the pedi-side diaphragm
    DLBC (black Dyneema), Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @kad,

I know that you participated in the Accessory bag for nurse gear discussion thread last year, and ordered a Small Snake Charmer. But did you also view older forum threads like:

Snake Charmer: the perfect bag for this nurse!

(This was before they redesigned the Snake Charmer offerings, so there was only the large size, and there were webbing tabs at the ends of this accessory instead of the current triangle clip and webbing loop. You can use the shoulder strap for the Field Journal Notebook to carry the old style Snake Charmer as a separate bag).

I'll excerpt a few pictures from the linked thread posted by @jcrary:

Note that the large size Snake Charmer can hold a stethescope.

There have also been some posts showing the (original, large) Snake Charmer used to hold medical supplies, capitalizing on its larger depth and slightly taller size, compared to the 3D Organizer cubes:

Snake Charmer as Medicine Bag

Again, a few excerpted pictures from @eWalker's thread:

There was also some discussion about using a larger bag, such as the Pilot, in the New Medical Bag & Suggestions for organization

And there was earlier discussion about using the (original, large) Snake Charmer for bulky supplies, such as diapers, in @Janine's Diaper Charmer!!!!! thread and later follow-up discussions elsewhere.

Again, you can find more pictures and discussion if you follow the links.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for that great reply and links. I LOVE my snake charmer for work. I keep all the nursey stuff - calipers, pens, tape, badge - on one side and all my personal stuff - small lotion, Advil, chapstick - on the other side. My stethoscope is too big to stuff into the small snake charmer.

I guess I was thinking more of a tote-ish type bag geared towards nurses - the way the Swift was created for knitters. Some of us work 12 hour shifts and like to have our "stuff" with us at work. Almost like a portable locker without the bulk of a backpack.

I need to have a warm up jacket, snacks, water bottle, and a small nursing reference book and some other personal items. And I would prefer to keep my snake charmer and stethoscope in the bag but I really don't like my stethoscope touching my other stuff. It could be that this bag already exists and I just don't know it.

Thanks again for your reply.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for that great reply and links. I LOVE my snake charmer for work. I keep all the nursey stuff - calipers, pens, tape, badge - on one side and all my personal stuff - small lotion, Advil, chapstick - on the other side. My stethoscope is too big to stuff into the small snake charmer.

I guess I was thinking more of a tote-ish type bag geared towards nurses - the way the Swift was created for knitters. Some of us work 12 hour shifts and like to have our "stuff" with us at work. Almost like a portable locker without the bulk of a backpack.

I need to have a warm up jacket, snacks, water bottle, and a small nursing reference book and some other personal items. And I would prefer to keep my snake charmer and stethoscope in the bag but I really don't like my stethoscope touching my other stuff. It could be that this bag already exists and I just don't know it.

Thanks again for your reply.
    Have you considered the new Pop Tote with the snake charmer inside and maybe the stethoscope inside it's own dedicated clear quarter packing cube or 3DOC...?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems like a really good idea. Thank you

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems like a really good idea. Thank you
    A traveler on my unit used a Makers Bag and she loved it. Of course I gave her the handshake and we bonded over it!
    DLBC (black Dyneema), Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A backpack-able bag that surprises me. I unexpectedly received a [REDACTED] for Christmas — it holds about as much as my backpack, but it packs differently, and that makes me excited to try using it in a variety of situations.

Also, I want to try a GE S25 without Coyote.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my 2018 wish is for the Smart Alec not to retire..

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might look at the Moveable Feast, I think it might be perfect for that. (Referring back to #174, "bag for nurses")

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d be happy for more versions of the 1st/2nd Aid pouches. I think the size is just about perfect and I really like having a mesh side with a clear side. I’d buy more if they were offered in ‘non-aid’ version so that I wouldn’t be confused with which pouch is actually 1st Aid.
    Steel/[COLOR="#FFFF00"]Solar French Blue BB/Navy Snake Charmer/Coyote DLBC/ Iberian TT

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast