Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Wish List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An all clear (front and back), Large Pouch!

I use the Large Pouch to store each year's Journal, after I remove the pages from the FJN.

I like to make a D.I.Y cover for it and it would be nice if I could see both sides of the cover.

I also draw and color on translucent paper, I would be able to use the All Clear Pouch to protect or even display the images I color.

It would be lovely if some of the All Clear Pouches had grommets (the same as the Field Journal Notebook Organizational Inserts on two sides. 3 or 4 on the longest side, to insert into a letter/A4 binder and 2 at the top to hang vertically.

I don't want to use PCV because it is harmful to the environment and smells.

It may sound like a wacky idea and I may have my wish on April 1, oversized and topped with a Floculent border. Smilie

By the way, I would also be so happy with an Halcyon or Aether trench coat with a matching rain hat. Smilie
    Last edited by backpack; 01-19-2018 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say enough about how great the Luminary is. I stopped using it during the extreme cold snap because I was wearing SO many layers, but reclaimed it yesterday for a departmental retreat. It was so thin and easy to tote, as we were moving around the room a lot. Because I work in academia, a lot of people had huge backpacks, and I really appreciated how sleek the Luminary was. It stands up straight, unlike the larger packs that slump over; less chance that it would be accidentally stepped on in the crowded room. (I didn't have a laptop with me, and that might have changed my choice of bags, but it did hold my winter gear, Travel Cubelet, keys, phone, two A5 notebooks, and mug.)

My wish: Please make the Luminary in black with a pretty interior color, like Canyon or Dawn. (not Grass... not Grass... not Grass). I think a black version would be perfect for circumstances where I want to be a tiny bit more formal, as this backpack is already so stylish.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DubbySmurf View Post
    I’d be happy for more versions of the 1st/2nd Aid pouches. I think the size is just about perfect and I really like having a mesh side with a clear side. I’d buy more if they were offered in ‘non-aid’ version so that I wouldn’t be confused with which pouch is actually 1st Aid.
    Enthusiastically seconding. In fact, I was just thinking similar the other day, and still use an ancient soft nylon day planner case (despite the now-unnecessary binder rings) to carry miscellany because the clamshell/pouch configuration is so handy. The Spiff Kit comes really close, but the same-side zipper placement (though ideal for hanging) doesn't work as part of an EDC: with the First/Second Aid Pouches's opposite-side zippers, you can access both sides of contents of the Pouch without ever having to remove the Pouch from your bag. Plus, when you do take the Pouch out (handy handle), the natural inclination is to reach for zippers on the outer edge rather than the inner. I'd be all over a non-Aid outer-edge zipper Aid Pouch/Spiff Kit hybrid.

ETA: Oh, and I'd love a revival of ballistic COWs.
    Last edited by kmw; 01-19-2018 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Adding wallet and fixing link

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting for the larger Luminary!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Canyon is going away Frown
    ...but wouldn't Coyote/Canyon be a lovely tone on tone?

Alabama
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kreckman View Post
    I'm waiting for the larger Luminary!
    Ditto!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more batch of Side Effects in Original Halcyon, please?!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I know Canyon is going away Frown
    ...but wouldn't Coyote/Canyon be a lovely tone on tone?
    It thought so, too, until I actually put them next to each other. They clash a bit.

Bethlehem, PA - USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wish would be a Side Kick in Viridian.
    EDC: SCB/MCB, Swift for knitting, small shop bags
    TRAVEL: A45
    FAVORITE TB COLORS: kiwi, verde, nordic & black halcyon, viridian, alphaviolet, ursa
    FAVORITE LINING COLORS: wasabi, northwest sky

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    night flight in black halcyon!
    black ballistic and original halcyon are so so close, but just not quite right.

i don't even care what color halcyon the interior is. they're all nice.
    i mean, i think wasabi's the worst, but my small cafe bag has a wasabi interior, and i don't mind.

Michigan, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooooh, though I don't love the Travel Cubelet in 210 ballistic, I would LOOOOOVE one in Canyon. Pretty, pretty please?!
    kindness is contagious.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    It thought so, too, until I actually put them next to each other. They clash a bit.
    Good to know! I have Canyon things already but I am getting a swatch of Coyote...basing it on the idea, not the actual, rookie mistake
    Smilie

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Good to know! I have Canyon things already but I am getting a swatch of Coyote...basing it on the idea, not the actual, rookie mistake
    Smilie
    Don't get me wrong. I love both canyon and coyote, a LOT. But I prefer a brighter color as a contrast to the neutral earth tones.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see something like canyon or coyote in 525 externally, then use it on the Pilot or Stowaway or even better a new but similar to pilot 15L(ish) design.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCSB with inside pockets like the Side Kick. Been wishing/ asking for this several years now.

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast