Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Wish List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Daylight Briefcase Backpack.

Same volume as the Daylight Briefcase. Rectangular shape, designed to carry a small laptop and not much else. Rails to accommodate a vertical Cache. Backpack straps like the Daylight Backpack.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stowaway without the backpack section. And maybe with the rear pocket like the pilot so it is usable as a trolley sleeve.
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wish has come true! Just saw Original Halcyon Side Effects are "In Production" ♥
    Thank you, thank you.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eliza View Post
    My wish has come true! Just saw Original Halcyon Side Effects are "In Production" ♥
    Thank you, thank you.
    It looks like Original Halcyon is going on a farewell tour...seems to be available or 'in production' for most of the major bags before it discontinues - hope all the Original Halcyon fans are watching!
    Last edited by G42; 01-31-2018 at 08:36 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    @Darcy, don't know where to put this, so I'm dropping it into this thread...

A lot of questions seem to pop up across the Forums regarding relative capacity of bags, etc. All the info is available on the product pages, but there is not one integrated chart.
    Your post has been on my mind for the last couple of weeks @G42 ...while it's not really what you were asking for, we've been working on and have just made live on the website some new comparison functionality. Go to any category page (travel bags, for example) and notice the new "Compare" checkbox below the Volume information. Most large bags have the Compare checkbox, but at this point, smaller accessories don't.

Agreed re: making sure the "Want to see the specs for all of our bags?" link lives on all spec columns -- @MatthewR has made it so (thanks Matthew!)

Your suggestions for the Dimensions & Specs page make sense too, but there's a couple of usability considerations we're trying to figure out.... more on those soon.

Quote Originally Posted by edward.dennihy View Post
    BUT I would like to request more blog posts or videos. I enjoy watching them. I really enjoyed the Italy 30 day trip video. I would love to see more detailed profiles of travelers and their bags. Focusing on their load out, travel type/frequency, how they use the bag, bag benefits or short comings.
    We like those videos too. We're working on some new videos that'll debut later this year that I think you'll like.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya @G42! So regarding what @Darcy was talking about, the biggest issue I see with the two extra tabs is that you'd end up scrolling, copying, and pasting anyway because of how long a list of all the bags would get and how much screen real estate each tab already takes.

The new Compare feature might just make it easier and better to use it as they're aligned all nice and neat already. The limitation with it is that it only currently allows three items at a time to be compared. A work around could be multiple tabs or screens but that could get messy.

So, in that vein, I'm going to solicit some feedback from you and all of our other lovely members for what you'd like to see on the Dims/Specs page. As always, no promises on any suggested features (we could run into all sorts of roadblocks -- time/cost of implementation, not jiving with our site's style, etc.) but I'd love to hear what you guys think would be nice to have on that page.
    Last edited by MatthewR; 02-01-2018 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Typos

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewR View Post
    Heya @G42! So regarding what @Darcy was talking about, the biggest issue I see with the two extra tabs is that you'd end up scrolling, copying, and pasting anyway because of how long a list of all the bags would get and how much screen real estate each tab already takes.

The new Compare feature might just make it easier and better to use it as they're aligned all nice and neat already. The limitation with it is that it only currently allows three items at a time to be compared. A work around could be multiple tabs or screens but that could get messy.

So, in that vein, I'm going to solicit some feedback from you and all of our other lovely members for what you'd like to see on the Dims/Specs page. As always, no promises on any suggested features (we could run into all sorts of roadblocks -- time/cost of implementation, not jiving with our site's style, etc.) but I'd love to hear what you guys think would be nice to have on that page.
    Thanks to both you and Darcy for looking into how to more easily compare & contrast the bags.

I was poking around earlier whilst on a (boring) phone conference and saw the compare function - but I thought I had just completely missed this feature before and everyone was too polite to point it out to me, lol.

I will experiment with it over the next several days and send back feedback.

Thanks again for listening and considering our collective input -
    Cheers!

Broussard, Louisiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a specially sized accessory bag to fit into the Tristar water bottle pocket? Something like the 3d bag, or maybe a smaller Spiff but shaped more along the lines of the TriStar water bottle pocket. That would be cool

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cubelet colors I thought of while making breakfast earlier: avocado, mango, and green apple.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw View Post
    Cubelet colors I thought of while making breakfast earlier: avocado, mango, and green apple.
    I realize I've just earlier suggested really lively, vivid colors, but a moment ago I found myself wishing for a cafe bag in a soft, light (non-grey) neutral like ivory or cream.

I'm also clearly hungry today.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still wishing for a 22L Synapse or similar backpack. Hopefully, one of Tomís 2018 design will meet my needs for my Continental Europe holiday this summer.
    I already have S19 (a bit too tight when I need to bring my MacBook Pro) and S25 (which looks ridiculously huge on me). I travel with just a one carry-on most of the time; so my backpack has to fit my laptop and my cloths++.
    Last edited by sharkh; 02-02-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkh View Post
    I am still wishing for a 22L Synapse or similar backpack. Hopefully, one of Tom’s 2018 design will meet my needs for my Continental Europe holiday this summer.
    I already have S19 (a bit too tight when I need to bring my MacBook Pro) and S25 (which looks ridiculously huge on me). I travel with just a one carry-on most of the time; so my backpack has to fit my laptop and my cloths++.
    Sign me up for the 22L Synapse - I love my S19 but am reluctant to get the S25 because it seems like it's just a bit more than I need.
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw View Post
    MANGO!!!! I would love to see the Pop Tote in a bright, warm mango orange.
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting (impatiently) for a black halcyon NFTD. Paired with island would be great, but I’m willing to take any interior... except wasabi.
    Last edited by Traveltech; 02-02-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like removable straps on the SCB and MCB. I had an SCB but sold it since it was too small and I didn't like the strap, even after adding the ultrasuede shoulder pad. I think the MCB may be the size of bag I am looking for but I would like to use it with the standard shoulder strap.

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast